Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

48 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The odour of piss and stale vomit is the one reason you can always find the bogs in the Pit and Pendulum without needing to suss out where the door in the fake bookcase is. 

Normally I'd agree but when the local aftershaves Eau de Trent it doesn't help.

To be honest the worse place for that was The Rock House in Derby.  What was with the filing a sink with tins of Red Stripe and pissing in it . 

Got a few deferred from last year Frank Skinner - July, Edwin Starr band - July, Dr Feelgood - October, Paul Weller - November. Hopefully they will all go ahead 

24 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

You know Edwin Starr died in 2003? ?

I do - the band is led by his brother Angelo and a great night out ?

Edited by Monty
Spell

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Went to The Vaccines (very appropriately named!) at the Electric Brixton last night. Absolutely fantastic, packed out and everyone enjoying themselves. Was my first gig since Covid. Coming up in the next few weeks I have:

• King No One
  • Ninth Wave
  • Echobelly
  • Working Men's Club
  • OMD
  • Cleopatrick

Both Belinda Carlisle and Blondie have been rearranged to next year so not everyone is ready to perform yet.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

'Suede' this week,  regardless if you are a big fan of the music or not.. I promise you, Brett is a bloody brilliant front man. 

His most memorable ever gig was one at The Assembly Rooms I went to back in the mid 90's.  He seemed to think that ' people in Derby are crazy, they definitely know how to have a good time but there's something a bit wrong somewhere'  Not sure if that's a compliment or not.

8 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Last few weeks saw Nick Cave & Warren Ellis, The Undertones, and The Snuts.

Coming up in 2021 Jarvis Cocker, Wolfgang Flur, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Dylan John Thomas, Billy Bragg, The Wedding Present and The Charlatans plus a few others.

2022 Suggs, The Stranglers, Pictish Trail and The Wedding Present (3 times) and many more.

Not heard of these but Rough Trade have just released a nice looking Green vinyl with a signed print ltd to a very few copies if you want to grab one.  There's one out of stock at the minute by the Wedding Present- or Dave Gedge- which is signed, at the sound of vinyl.  The lockdown sessions which is a nice neon orange .  If I spot any I'll let you know.  I can't help you with Suggs ?

Pictish Trail

Green Vinyl

Rough Trade Exclusive

Limited to 100 copies

Signed Copy

Includes download code

LP++ - Signed Island Family Portrait Art Print and Mystery Download codeSigned ‘Island Family Portrait’ art print + mystery download code

Went to the Sea Power in Edinburgh, Jarvis and Black Pumas in Birmingham. All fantastic. Going to see Shame in Brum tonight also. Sadly Idlewild at Stourbridge this Saturday has been postponed til next year due to a covid outbreak in the band. Been to a few pub gigs over the last week too at The Flapper and Sunflower lounge. Amazing raucous atmosphere at all the gigs. Great stuff. The only thing I haven't missed is the price of drinks in the larger venues - £6+ on average!! 

On 07/11/2021 at 22:18, Chester40 said:

'Suede' this week,  regardless if you are a big fan of the music or not.. I promise you, Brett is a bloody brilliant front man. 

I went to that last Friday, totally agree, saw them a couple of years ago aswell, both times they were brilliant. 
I’ve got Echo and the Bunnymen coming up in February, postponed from last May, then Tom Odell, Sam Fender and the Stereophonics in March, then the Killers twice in May,  postponed from 2019. Really looking forward to next year! 
Also just seen that Tears for Fears and Alison Moyet are coming to Derby next July so hoping to go there too. 

12 hours ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I went to that last Friday, totally agree, saw them a couple of years ago aswell, both times they were brilliant. 
I’ve got Echo and the Bunnymen coming up in February, postponed from last May, then Tom Odell, Sam Fender and the Stereophonics in March, then the Killers twice in May,  postponed from 2019. Really looking forward to next year! 
Also just seen that Tears for Fears and Alison Moyet are coming to Derby next July so hoping to go there too. 

Went to see Tears for Fears and Alison Moyet probably a year before Covid in Liverpool. Fantastic night. Try and get tickets if you can. Also saw the killers in Manchester. They were awesome.

5 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

Went to see Tears for Fears and Alison Moyet probably a year before Covid in Liverpool. Fantastic night. Try and get tickets if you can. Also saw the killers in Manchester. They were awesome.

I’m definitely going to try, on sale next week I think. I’ve seen Alison Moyet several times,  she’s always great. Not seen Tears for Fears since the 80s so really want to see them again. I saw the Killers at the ice arena in Notts 2017, what a band! One of the best live acts I’ve ever seen , you’re right, they are awesome ? 

On 10/11/2021 at 12:38, Bob Mash said:

Went to the Sea Power in Edinburgh, Jarvis and Black Pumas in Birmingham. All fantastic. Going to see Shame in Brum tonight also. Sadly Idlewild at Stourbridge this Saturday has been postponed til next year due to a covid outbreak in the band. Been to a few pub gigs over the last week too at The Flapper and Sunflower lounge. Amazing raucous atmosphere at all the gigs. Great stuff. The only thing I haven't missed is the price of drinks in the larger venues - £6+ on average!! 

I’ve played at both of those in a previous band, great venues.