Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

39 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He was great. Thought the crowd was a bit dead though.

I don’t know, the mosh pit looked lively. I was up in the seats with my Daughter and it was ok up there. Funnily enough I was in the queue getting a beer and some lads behind we’re singing Derby songs. 

I’ve just got tickets to see Everything Everything in Brum on 9th April. Taking my 14 year old daughter so we’ll be taking it easy on the balcony.

I absolutely love their first 3 albums but they went a bit crap after that. The latest release is good though and they’re great live so should be a good night. 

Did the Buzzcocks at the Garage in Islington about three weeks back. Fantastic - they really enjoyed themselves and so did the audience.

Then it was over to the Royal Albert Hall last week for two sets from OMD, the first their early work they never get to play, and then the second was a "greatest hits" set.

A couple of days later Cleopatrick played a secret intimate gig (100 tickets only) in a pub in Shoreditch. I did worry the floor might give way with everyone bouncing up and down!

Coming up it's The War in Drugs and probably Warmduscher.

Edit: Oh and I forgot about Wolf Alice at the Hammersmith Apollo who were so so.

Edited by Carl Sagan

On 22/03/2022 at 11:02, Kinder said:

I’ve just got tickets to see Everything Everything in Brum on 9th April. Taking my 14 year old daughter so we’ll be taking it easy on the balcony.

I absolutely love their first 3 albums but they went a bit crap after that. The latest release is good though and they’re great live so should be a good night. 

Good band. Seeing them in Brighton, and Foals later in the month too. For my sins, got to go to the Ally Pally with the wife next weekend to listen to Ed Sheeran.

Got tickets for the Manchester night at Rock City Easter Sunday. All cover bands (The Smiths, Stone Roses, Oasis) should be a good one

Yes! We got tickets for Glastonbury this morning through the resale. So happy, we’ve been to the last 5 and were gutted to be missing out.

There aren’t many people I want to see from the lineup (Macca, Wolf Alice, Foals, Noel Gallagher, Haim) so will give us loads of time to explore the smaller stages and secret bits. 

On 24/03/2022 at 23:23, i-Ram said:

Good band. Seeing them in Brighton, and Foals later in the month too. For my sins, got to go to the Ally Pally with the wife next weekend to listen to Ed Sheeran.

To be fair to Sheeran he was very good. Not my kind of music but he clearly is extremely talented and a master of the loop pedals. Great venue too for his act. I can’t imagine he can replicate that kind of hold on the crowd at Wembley Stadium but would be interested to hear if he does ?

On 24/03/2022 at 23:23, i-Ram said:

I’m seeing Foals being supported by Everything Everything in 3 weeks. Utilita Brum. 

• 2 weeks later...

I went to this on Saturday and it was superb. They’re such a good live band. They played loads of classics and 5 tracks off the new album which were were all excellent, so I can’t wait for the release next month. The encore of Violent Sun / Distant Past / No Reptiles took the roof off!

6 hours ago, Kinder said:

I went to this on Saturday and it was superb. They’re such a good live band. They played loads of classics and 5 tracks off the new album which were were all excellent, so I can’t wait for the release next month. The encore of Violent Sun / Distant Past / No Reptiles took the roof off!

Just looked at Setlist.fm

I am at Brighton Dome to see them tomorrow. Looks good to me ?