Realistic Manager Alternatives

DCFC Kicks

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/04/2021 at 16:03, deanoakaram4life said:

Got to be Chris Wilder if we stay up! Can’t believe the low level candidates people have come up with... Ian Evatt, Derrick McInnes..... we are a big club!!!!!! 

We are a mid table championship side, you know that people who are not fans of the club don’t think we are a “big club”...because we are not. 

32 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

We are a mid table championship side, you know that people who are not fans of the club don’t think we are a “big club”...because we are not. 

How would you define the space between big club and mid table championship club. Quite large for me. My opinion is we are a club that should be having regular finishes at mid table prem level with occasional dalliance with a europa league challenge. That doesn’t necessarily mean we’re a massive club but Were  in the top 20 clubs in the country with fair chunks in the top 6 or 7 historically.  

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

How would you define the space between big club and mid table championship club. Quite large for me. My opinion is we are a club that should be having regular finishes at mid table prem level with occasional dalliance with a europa league challenge. That doesn’t necessarily mean we’re a massive club but Were  in the top 20 clubs in the country with fair chunks in the top 6 or 7 historically.  

History doesn’t mean anything. A lot of clubs ‘should’ be doing better. For me Derby should be doing better only because we have been in and around the playoffs for several years. To fall so dramatically is unacceptable. 

2 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

History doesn’t mean anything. A lot of clubs ‘should’ be doing better. For me Derby should be doing better only because we have been in and around the playoffs for several years. To fall so dramatically is unacceptable. 

History always matters. Derby should be doing better because of this. A certain calibre of player should be wearing the shirt.  Total effort should be a minimum. It’s never demanded as much here like it is at the villas and Leeds but that pressure needs to be their and you need to get players with the right attitude to match it. We don’t have them.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

True.

Evatt's got better English managerial experience than either of them.

I think you'd enjoy watching his teams too Roy. Caught up with Bolton's game over Easter & they play good one touch stuff but with purpose. Very solid at the back too, they've won 3 games 0-1 in the past month away at fellow top 6 sides.

After yesterday, Bolton need one win from their last 2 games to return to League One. Can imagine there's a few clubs top end of League One/bottom half of Championship keeping tabs on Evatt.

47 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

History always matters. Derby should be doing better because of this. A certain calibre of player should be wearing the shirt.  Total effort should be a minimum. It’s never demanded as much here like it is at the villas and Leeds but that pressure needs to be their and you need to get players with the right attitude to match it. We don’t have them.

There are loads of teams with good history, this won’t equate league position

20 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I think you'd enjoy watching his teams too Roy. Caught up with Bolton's game over Easter & they play good one touch stuff but with purpose. Very solid at the back too, they've won 3 games 0-1 in the past month away at fellow top 6 sides.

After yesterday, Bolton need one win from their last 2 games to return to League One. Can imagine there's a few clubs top end of League One/bottom half of Championship keeping tabs on Evatt.

Sounds useful. My memory ain't so good, why did he leave Derby?

Archived