Realistic Manager Alternatives

DCFC Kicks

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No you cannot remember because I never posted it. Give it a rest mate I've no reason to lie.

Ok must have dreamt it and alluded to it in other posts in error, even so, if we could appoint him tomorrow would you, yes or no?

54 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

There's probably 4 different scenarios that would all need a different manager.

1. Championship with money

2. Championship with no money

3. League One with money

4. League One with no money

I wouldn't want Rooney in any of those scenarios

Ideally you’re talking Jokanovic with money, Wilder if not. I highly doubt any manager of that caliber would consider joining this clown show though.

If we go down, Evatt seems the natural choice. It won’t matter how much money we have in League 1, you need players that can battle hard and grind out wins. Doubt we’ll see much ‘take the ball, pass the ball’.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I said, I'm really not a fan of 3/5 at the back, at all, ever, even.

Yes, as you have said. If you haven’t seen enough of Sheff Utd and Wilder, who has been pretty high profile due to his success, have you seen enough of other teams and Managers to make an informed choice as a possible replacement? Or are you advocating Wazza remains regardless???

When Rooney leaves Derby and if the club has no money, there is still a manager in waiting at the club.

Would it be terrible to ask experienced McLaren to manage the club for a while.

I say when Rooney leaves because once a manager has become a waste of space at the club they were asked to manage it becomes pointless keeping them on.

If the club decided to keep Rooney it would not help as I believe the fans will protest him out of the club. 

The club can't afford for a huge loss of fans not returning to the football ground once the new season starts and once the govt allows fans to return to watching matches at football grounds, that could happen.

McLaren wouldn't have been my first or second choice but he's an experienced football manager.

Unlike Rooney I think McLaren could get the team working again.

I'm one of the biggest McClaren marks around, but I don't think he's the solution in this situation. McClaren is a top class coach and the type of guy you bring in when you have built a solid foundation and want to push it to the next level. He isn't a builder. He isn't a trouble shooter. Most importantly he isn't nasty enough to do what's required here.

I don't really have an issue with Mac taking on less hands on executive roles, he is 59 after all, but the very fact that he's doing that rather than managing shows me that he doesn't have the drive to get back in the hot seat. If the story about our coaching staff, Curly, Larry, and Moe, freezing him out is true then we need the type of person who is going to kick down the dressing room door and bloody well force them to listen.

20 hours ago, DCFClks said:

There's probably 4 different scenarios that would all need a different manager.

1. Championship with money

2. Championship with no money

3. League One with money

4. League One with no money

I wouldn't want Rooney in any of those scenarios

5. Administration with no money

still would not want Rooney in that scenario

Archived