v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I was talking about the period immediately after Cocu was fired. I said then I didn't want Rooney to get the job, it's documented on here, which I'm sure you're aware of since you've been digging around my old posts (this is odd behaviour, by the way). I gave him a chance when he started well, which is a normal human reaction. So it comes back to yet **again** you didn't understand my first post, and now you've wasted your own time digging for my posts contrary to what I said today, which don't exist.

I'm not digging around your old posts, just the topic of Rooney's permanent appointment.

I'm still not entirely sure how you can be simultaneously happy with a managerial appointment yet also not think the guy had done enough to deserve it, but OK.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LittleEatonRam said:

I'm not digging around your old posts, just the topic of Rooney's permanent appointment.

I'm still not entirely sure how you can be simultaneously happy with a managerial appointment yet also not think the guy had done enough to deserve it, but OK.

I don't understand how you aren't getting this. We. Are. Talking. About. Different. Time. Frames. When Rooney was officially appointed, and when he was de facto appointed are very different. If you aren't getting it after this post then I don't think I can possibly explain to you why you're wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't understand how you aren't getting this. We. Are. Talking. About. Different. Time. Frames. When Rooney was officially appointed, and when he was de facto appointed are very different. If you aren't getting it after this post then I don't think I can possibly explain to you why you're wrong. 

I don’t get It. 

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Ah, so you were in favour of the de facto part but not the permanent part?

3 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Ah, so you were in favour of the de facto part but not the permanent part?

Crikey. This isn't hard. I wanted a new manager in and all the coaching staff out after Cocu. I gave Rooney a chance when he was permanently appointed. You showed screenshots after the latter. Now please stop replying, I can't bang my head on the wall again. 

Well it’s still mathematically possible to survive, but looking really bleak.

Players not playing to the expected level and not looking like they care enough.

Alongside a rookie manager telling everyone that’ll listen that we aren’t in danger of going down, whilst playing some of the worst negative football I’ve seen us play.

The club is rotten to the core.

Probably been said already but the goals conceded, do the players really care? The defending against Blackburn for the corner and last night, lack of marking, basics going wrong clearing a cross and trying to claim offside and almost stop playing, really amateurish. The club needs a clear out. There isn’t the drive and determination needed.

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

I was talking about the period immediately after Cocu was fired. I said then I didn't want Rooney to get the job, it's documented on here, which I'm sure you're aware of since you've been digging around my old posts (this is odd behaviour, by the way). I gave him a chance when he started well, which is a normal human reaction. So it comes back to yet **again** you didn't understand my first post, and now you've wasted your own time digging for my posts contrary to what I said today, which don't exist.

Part of the problem was we had no money to sack cocu and had to wait for him to resign, he should have been sacked weeks previous, then we had to go for the youth opportunities scheme guy who had his salary funded externally.

We repeatedly have the same people commenting on Bird's passing being too negative. So i've looked into the numbers for last night.

Bird's passing:
Backwards - 17 (33%)
Sideways - 21 (40%)
Forwards - 14 (27%)

27% sounds quite low in all honesty. Let's look at a player we would all love to have in our side.

Hughes (excluding corners):
Backwards - 21 (58%)
Sideways - 8 (22%)
Forwards - 7 (19%)

Ah...

12 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Agree.

Whilst Buchanan has legs to get up and down more and faster, Fozzie hit far better balls across first half; unfortunately Buchanan never really delivered much in my opinion. His time will come, not being over critical of him but unless Fozzie was tiring, it was a mistake in this game, we should have persevered longer.

All opinions.

Don’t think either way that it would have made any difference to the result...

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We repeatedly have the same people commenting on Bird's passing being too negative. So i've looked into the numbers for last night.

Bird's passing:
Backwards - 17 (33%)
Sideways - 21 (40%)
Forwards - 14 (27%)

27% sounds quite low in all honesty. Let's look at a player we would all love to have in our side.

Backwards - 21 (58%)
Sideways - 8 (22%)
Forwards - 7 (19%)

Ah...

I do think people often miss the mark in that regard with Bird. More often than not Bird goes sideways or backwards when there isn't much on so he either has the choice of risky ball forward that's likely to get cut out or move the ball on and get into space. If you watch when forward players actually do create space he does often try to hit them early and is one of very few players in the squad capable of passing between the lines.

Bird going sideways and backwards frequently is usually more a symptom of other problems in the team; lack of movement,  tactical imbalances, not enough forward options and lack of a plan/coaching to progress up the pitch/create overloads/create space.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bird's passing:
Backwards - 17 (33%)
Sideways - 21 (40%)
Forwards - 14 (27%)

Backwards - 21 (58%)
Sideways - 8 (22%)
Forwards - 7 (19%)

Ah...

He was awful last night, for some odd reason he spent most of the 1st half tugging on the leg of his shorts. He wandered around with his head down lots too. He's not any kind of midfield engine or dynamo that is going to lead our midfield. And to compare him with Will is the biggest joke going.

Bird is fine but as with lots of these young players he is not a game changer. He will supplement a good team quite nicely but he will not turn a bad team into a good team. It is unfair to expect him to do so. You could have put Michael Carrick where Bird was yesterday and it wouldn’t have made any difference

Not sure why we changed the system despite Jozwiak’s injury. Surely Sibz could’ve filled in for Jozwiak and we’d have had a front three of Loz, Sibz and Roberts. The front three we had against Blackburn was much more dynamic, CKR has been anonymous lately. At least we created some half decent chances against Blackburn, against Preston N.E we created nothing. 

14 hours ago, jono said:

Not quite sure what to say after that ?

Where’s Steve McQueen and his motor bike maybe ? 

Whats the definition of hope ? an elephant hanging over a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. 

flipping heck what a mess 

Up the rams 

I sent the Steve McQueen gif in the solitary confinement ‘Great Escape’ to my Rochdale manager. Don’t think I’ll be posting it on here ?

steve mcqueen film GIF

4 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Not sure why we changed the system despite Jozwiak’s injury. Surely Sibz could’ve filled in for Jozwiak and we’d have had a front three of Loz, Sibz and Roberts. The front three we had against Blackburn was much more dynamic, CKR has been anonymous lately. At least we created some half decent chances against Blackburn, against Preston N.E we created nothing. 

perhaps they are all pizz poor

Archived