Relegation watch

Spanish

5 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

It will be stomach churning looking at the table for the rest of the season. I don’t see us pulling away from this pack but I think we will comfortably reach the 50 point mark. 

It’s frustrating that we’ve had such good results since Rooney’s come in but are still table watching.

Win the next two then chill for a week. The race to beat the drip is hitting up quite early imo.

25 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

It will be stomach churning looking at the table for the rest of the season. I don’t see us pulling away from this pack but I think we will comfortably reach the 50 point mark. 

It’s frustrating that we’ve had such good results since Rooney’s come in but are still table watching.

I think we will be safe with 3 games to go...

46 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Try walking up the down escalator, That's what WR was dealt, He was given a Pigs ear to try and make a silk purse, This squad is head and shoulders better prepared than what PC left, I'll say it again...this division is unforgiving, We were down with the dead men once upon a time, WR has given this club a sense of belief, There's not even a thought from me that we will be in danger of going down ?

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No. wishful thinking. Preston picked up a win last time out and Bristol unfortunately did enough at the start of the season  Forest aren't out the running as they've played a game more as have Huddersfield.   If they beat Rotherham and draw with us there out of it. All those teams might need only 9-10 points or less after next weekend. To be honest we need Forest to beat Rotherham with their games in hand.  Huddersfield can give themselves a huge boost if they beat us , so another game that won't be pretty.

Ffs, if we win our game in hand, we’re ahead of forest. So if we’re worried about teams behind us catching us up, why not hope forest loose instead. Even if Rotherham won against forest, they wouldn’t go ahead of us, but forest could in that scenario. 

this thread is annoying me now. So many people pooping the bed over other teams results. It’s all in our hands, we just need to keep doing what we’re doing. 

‘Oh no, some teams are putting together some good form’ - yes, we’re one of them, check the form table. 

‘but any teams can go on a bad run’ - yes, they’re called Birmingham and Bristol at the minute. 

there may well be some twists and turns to come, but we are well out of this now. People just love to have something to wring their hands over. 

30 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Ffs, if we win our game in hand, we’re ahead of forest. So if we’re worried about teams behind us catching us up, why not hope forest loose instead. Even if Rotherham won against forest, they wouldn’t go ahead of us, but forest could in that scenario. 

this thread is annoying me now. So many people pooping the bed over other teams results. It’s all in our hands, we just need to keep doing what we’re doing. 

‘Oh no, some teams are putting together some good form’ - yes, we’re one of them, check the form table. 

‘but any teams can go on a bad run’ - yes, they’re called Birmingham and Bristol at the minute. 

there may well be some twists and turns to come, but we are well out of this now. People just love to have something to wring their hands over. 

I'd rather a team that's above us picks up points against a team below us if they have two games in hand.  To go above Forest we need to win our game in hand, which is never a given.  Pretty basic. If we lose to Huddersfield we really don't want Rotherham winning with those two matches in hand. No hand wringing here or pooping the bed, but tantrums for no reason from others it appears. 

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

We really shouldn’t. There is a path to safety. We could all map out the six or seven games we could win and stay up.

But you just never know with this team, about whether they will be able to hold their nerve. The whole season is on a knife edge.

It is easy to see us winning three or four of our next five and wondering what all the fuss was about, but it is also quite conceivable that we will lose three or four of our next five and be in a real pickle.

I wish I had your confidence, but personally I won’t feel secure about us until we are cruising on 50 plus points.

Let’s hope they can get the wins in the next few weeks to make it more comfortable. It was always going to be a scrap given our terrible start, question is how long will the scrap last. 

A big positive is we’re not drawing many games at the moment. Win a couple lose a couple will get us there.

Edited by BramcoteRam84

3 hours ago, James Pond said:

Try walking up the down escalator, That's what WR was dealt, He was given a Pigs ear to try and make a silk purse, This squad is head and shoulders better prepared than what PC left, I'll say it again...this division is unforgiving, We were down with the dead men once upon a time, WR has given this club a sense of belief, There's not even a thought from me that we will be in danger of going down ?

I have never felt we would go down. Since that appalling Blackburn game, we have generally been in the games, but it is all very fine margins. Most of our matches have been decided by a goal. Those fine margins and lady luck have turned more in our favour under Rooney but I never saw it continuing that way. Had Rooney picked up his wins against the teams around us, I doubt anyone would need to worry.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'd rather a team that's above us picks up points against a team below us if they have two games in hand.  To go above Forest we need to win our game in hand, which is never a given.  Pretty basic. If we lose to Huddersfield we really don't want Rotherham winning with those two matches in hand. No hand wringing here or pooping the bed, but tantrums for no reason from others it appears. 

Barnsley now close to Play Off places.

11 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

No way are we “well out of this now”. You’re right, it’s in our hands now rather than having to rely on others slipping up but, as you’ve quoted, any team (including us) can go on bad run. It could all change in two games. There’s no logical reason why it would but you can’t apply the normal rules of logic to football (who would have predicted the Huddersfield and Coventry results yesterday?). That’s why many of us have a sensible interest in following other teams results.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

No way are we “well out of this now”. You’re right, it’s in our hands now rather than having to rely on others slipping up but, as you’ve quoted, any team (including us) can go on bad run. It could all change in two games. There’s no logical reason why it would but you can’t apply the normal rules of logic to football (who would have predicted the Huddersfield and Coventry results yesterday?). That’s why many of us have a sensible interest in following other teams results.

Huddersfield result yes, not so much Coventry beating Brentford. 

5 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Results went against us yesterday and were still in a relegation battle unfortunately. 

We are, but we are in better form than most teams below us and a number of teams above us, the likes of Brizzle and Luton are slipping down the table and within touching distance. Keep playing the way we are and we will be fine....