Relegation watch

Spanish

29 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Jourdan's gone quiet

Won't be long before this thread is closed

Sorry mate. I’ve been too busy celebrating.

What a triumph! 18th in the league after 31 games. 

Season’s over. We are safe. Nothing could possibly go wrong with 15 games to go and 45 points to play for, could it!

1 minute ago, ScamRam said:

How on earth have we got posts with 'Relegation Watch' and 'Path to the Play Offs' next to each other!!? God I love optimism/pessimism in equal amounts ?

Our eventual position will probably be bang in between 16th and 21st. So it kind of makes sense. We’ve got as much as of either. That chance being zero. But we’ve got to keep the season interesting somehow. 

34 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Season’s over. We are safe. Nothing could possibly go wrong with 15 games to go and 45 points to play for, could it!

Agreed. Looking good now ?

58 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

May I remind you some teams have only 14 games and 42 points to play for and some of them currently lie below us in the table.

Tonight’s result was so important, the more we take points off those around us, the less we have to worry in the games we aren’t favourites.

We’ve made things so much harder for ourselves by not doing this, Wycombe & Cov at home, Sheffield Wednesday, both Rotherham games. Think how different things would look.

Even if we were able to “swap” our wins, it would change the outlook completely. Hypothetically we lose to Swansea & Norwich but beat Rotherham twice. We have the same amount of points, but are 14 ahead of Rotherham, essentially meaning we are fighting to avoid just one relegation spot.

I think we will still stay up relatively comfortably but I was worried that a tendency to give those around us a leg up could be costly. Another three points on Friday and another team in our buffer to the bottom 3 and things will be looking rosy.

10 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Forest really aren't great. Rotherham had 2 great chances that they should score. Forest win 1-0 from a goal out of nothing. We should beat them on Friday

To be fair, we looked poo against Rotherham and lost. Twice.

The 3 clubs to be relegated, in my opinion, will be:

Wycombe - not good enough over the whole season

Rotherham - 'thuggish hoof ball' team, with no finesse.

Birmingham - in deep problems, on and off the field

Sheffield Wed. & Coventry have just about enough to stay up. Forest I'm not bothered about and they have enough 'quality' (!!) to reach mid-table alongside the Rams.

7 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

The 3 clubs to be relegated, in my opinion, will be:

Wycombe - not good enough over the whole season

Rotherham - 'thuggish hoof ball' team, with no finesse.

Birmingham - in deep problems, on and off the field

Sheffield Wed. & Coventry have just about enough to stay up. Forest I'm not bothered about and they have enough 'quality' (!!) to reach mid-table alongside the Rams.

Tend to agree with you although could be tight for the 3rd spot