Relegation watch

Spanish

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I do always enjoy when posters who only post negativity then claim victory when something negative happens, as if they knew it was going to happen rather than just a case of throwing enough poo that eventually some of it sticks. Even @Millenniumram is right occasionally by virtue of this ?.

I was right with you until the 'even @Millenniumram is right occasionally which is frankly ridiculous'  ?

In all seriousness, different folks, different strokes I guess. I'm not exactly blameless either ?‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Was this warning meant for this thread? I cannot see anything remotely insulting, or suggesting that it was about to become so.

So, then, I start wondering if it was me who was somehow appearing to be insulting!

Not that I know anything about moderating a forum!

Pretty sure it was pre-emptive and absolutely certain it was not aimed at you fella. Breathe easy! ?

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Pretty sure it was pre-emptive and absolutely certain it was not aimed at you fella. Breathe easy! ?

Well it could have been me!

After all, you could have felt insulted when you had been expecting to hear about some amazingly weighted and whizzy analytical tool; and you got something so plain and straightforward!

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I do always enjoy when posters who only post negativity then claim victory when something negative happens, as if they knew it was going to happen rather than just a case of throwing enough poo that eventually some of it sticks. Even @Millenniumram is right occasionally by virtue of this ?.

I think you’ll find my negativity has been thoroughly justified by events this season...

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I was right with you until the 'even @Millenniumram is right occasionally which is frankly ridiculous'  ?

In all seriousness, different folks, different strokes I guess. I'm not exactly blameless either ?‍♂️

I’ll have you know my record this season is impeccable, don’t think I’ve got anything wrong. Mainly because everything that could have gone wrong has done, but still...

I've said numerous times we need to secure our survival before this game. I honestly think we're done at this point as the squad have 0 backbone or passion an the management have 0 plan. It is hard to express my loathing for the management and first team who have led us to this point tbh. I almost wish we were able to be at the ground to express our dismay at what is going on instead of having to shout at the tv screen. 

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Really not sure why a) you were so offended by people finding your posts melodramatic, b) why you feel the need to post this I told you so stuff, or c) why you feel vindicated now. You started the whole 'we're ducked' campaign less than a handful of games into the season and I and others have explained to you that the reason folk laughed was not so much the context of your posts but their melodramatic nature. Clearly you'd rather believe there was and is some sort of cabal on here whom this time you've dubbed the 'entitled brigade' though what that actually means I have no idea.

Let me ask you a genuine question; would you still respond to the folk who wee saying it was crazy to write off the team until the likes of Waghorn, Lawrence, Ibe and critically Bielik were fit and playing, by telling them to 'pull their heads our of their arses', or labelling them 'clueless' and 'deluded' or did you know Ibe wouldn't play, that Waghorn's form would completely disintegrate, that Lawrence would only manage a dozen or so games and that Bielik would snap his leg? 

All this aside, I'm genuinely sorry that you are so down in the dumps. The reference to your dad struck a chord so I would also like to apologise if, as I now sense, I've been unkind as opposed to just dismissive. 

Genuinely there’s a lot to answer there and even more to clarify that have been lost in translation and I don’t have the inclination to do so right now certainly that I can be bothered to type out

agree re your point on Lawrence, Waggy, ibe and co... no one could foresee that and obviously the bielik injury 

My early concerns (not as early as u stated) centred around how we played both boxes ... or didn’t as the case maybe that stemmed from cocu .. and Rooney has seemingly not only failed to improve but probably made worse 

It’s not as simple or straightforward  as just that and is a discussion for a conversation and not text discussion but that won’t happen 

I appreciate the sentiment too, Thankyou 

peace 

9 hours ago, Finch said:

Mel’s tenure on par with Sam Longson’s,turning riches ultimately to rags. Right now liquidation wouldn’t bother me. I’ve supported since the 60s and for me the current set up is the pits. Get the whole shebang gone.

Yeh they're very similar.

Longson brought in Cloughie who then took the club from one struggling in the old 2nd division to English champions.

Longson funded record signings for Todd and then Nish and with BC finally resigning (even though Longson constantly asked him to stop his outside involvements and focus on the club and was willing to give him a 5 year contract) he brought in Dave Mackay.

Mackay built on Clough's success to build what was arguably an even better team and also took Derby to the Championship again.

Then he made the team even better by bringing in Charlie George and who knows what would have happened if not for the gut-punching injury to Charlie.

Longson left in (I think) 1977, but in any case, with the club in the top flight.

Mel Morris took over the club and nothing much happened. We did make the playoff final I suppose, if they are the riches you are referring to.

I think that comparison lives in only one place - your head.

9 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

So .... when I said moons ago we were In trouble (Check back in this thread) and got laughed at by the Derby county entitlement brigade .. yer u know who u are...

were ducked ..... proper ducked 

And no I’m not happy about it ... far from it

iv lived in notts for circa 30 years so everyone I know, work with or are mates with Will be revelling in our plight 

So many on here have been  like our government over COVID ... it won’t happen to us we’re the uk ... we’re Derby county it won’t happen to us 

Well ... here we are 

im truly fearful of our future as it stands ... like really really fearful 

Im a bit pissed , a bit angry and above all a bit upset about the club I worship, live and breath 

I just wish my old man was still about to somehow see the positive in this ... somehow as he always invariably did 

as if I needed another radon to feel disengaged from Dcfc 

I'm certainly one of the people who didn't think we would go down.

But having lived through the last visit to the 3rd flight at a time I was going to 30+ games per season, it certainly wasn't through a sense of entitlement.

It was because I saw, or thought I saw, under Cocu, signs of real quality coming through from the Academy.

I still think we may have better players than we think we have, but I'm a lot less sure.

Maybe there are people who feel entitled, I dunno. But I doubt you do either and I'm not sure what you want to achieve by labelling people as such.

You wish your dad was around to see the positive, but it seems like you don't want other supporters to do likewise.

6 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

But having lived through the last visit to the 3rd flight at a time I was going to 30+ games per season, it certainly wasn't through a sense of entitlement.

It was because I saw, or thought I saw, under Cocu, signs of real quality coming through from the Academy.

I still think we may have better players than we think we have, but I'm a lot less sure.

Maybe there are people who feel entitled, I dunno. But I doubt you do either and I'm not sure what you want to achieve by labelling people as such.

You wish your dad was around to see the positive, but it seems like you don't want other supporters to do likewise.

It’s not a matter of who was right and who was wrong, heck we all want the same thing 

and yes Im more than happy for people to try and see the positives in this.. . we’re going to have to try and cling to something right ? 

it’s just at the time people were happy to shoot down anyone that suggested that we need to be looking over our shoulder so there is an element of grief in that respect isn’t there ... it’s human nature when you’ve been so blatantly shot down 

but Jesus no one wanted this did they 

Edited by NottsRam77

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Genuine question 

what can u remember of our last stint in the 3rd tier ? It was just too early for me, my first season was our first season back in the 2nd tier under cox so I don’t remember any of the turmoil that went with it 

how long were we down there for ? 

When I said "all we WILL need is a point", I'm assuming that Rotherham will get nothing against Luton, which I think is reasonable.

We will therefore end up in a kind of 'reverse playoff' situation in which 4 equally dreadful teams compete for the right to the 1 available place in next season's Championship.

Our 90 minute plus stoppage time mission on that day is simple...DO NOT LOSE and, more importantly, pray to every available deity that none of the other 3 teams win.

We have the advantage. 

Wycombe are essentially down even if they win, unless the scores on the day are more like those in Rugby.

I can see Rotherham drawing with Cardiff, but I can't see a Rotherham win.

The pressure is on Sheff Wed rather than us because they have to beat us to stay up whereas we just need a point.  I think we will win, I really do, and we will finish on 46 points.

All the pent up frustration of the last few weeks will be focused at Moor Farm during this week, and we will get a performance of two halves (as usual).  We will be quick out of the blocks and 2-0 up at half time but we will also squander chances to go further ahead.

SW will mount a comeback 2nd half and probably score on about 70 minutes.

The last 20 minutes will seem like 20 years, and SW will come close to scoring several more times, but in the end THE RAMS WILL STAY UP!

Keep the faith, brothers and sisters!

34 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Genuine question 

what can u remember of our last stint in the 3rd tier ? It was just too early for me, my first season was our first season back in the 2nd tier under cox so I don’t remember any of the turmoil that went with it 

how long were we down there for ? 

I went to more games in the first season down (i think I missed 5 or 6) than any other season, so a fair bit.

When we went down we were in utter disarray. I think I'm right in saying that when Cox took over he only had 14 pros on the books.

We thought we'd stroll it (entitled then for sure - or just cocky), but when we lost our opening day game away at Bournemouth (who were a really poor team then) we knew it wouldn't be that easy.

I *think* we finished 6th in the first year but there were no playoffs. And we scraped up in 3rd the next year before we really hit our stride under Arthur in the old 2nd division.

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I went to more games in the first season down (i think I missed 5 or 6) than any other season, so a fair bit.

When we went down we were in utter disarray. I think I'm right in saying that when Cox took over he only had 14 pros on the books.

We thought we'd stroll it (entitled then for sure - or just cocky), but when we lost our opening day game away at Bournemouth (who were a really poor team then) we knew it wouldn't be that easy.

I *think* we finished 6th in the first year but there were no playoffs. And we scraped up in 3rd the next year before we really hit our stride under Arthur in the old 2nd division.

Jesus it Does Sounds a little close to home right now tbh lol.... is it 10 players out of contract or Leaving end of this season And we’ll go into the summer with no recognised centre half and potentially still for sale 

And ur not telling me there won’t be plenty amongst us that will expect us to steam roll that league 

In that regard were rolling the clock back 30 odd years ☹️

OK.  I'm gonna hold my hands up here...

I never thought it would come to this.  I pointed and laughed at the doomsayers all those weeks ago, albeit mainly in private, not on here so much.

I'd like to genuflect in their general direction this morning.  It is they that should be standing proud, with their heads held high.  I for one feel embarrassed.  Filled with shame that I offer no lasting insight into the game, the football club, and indeed this forum.

I am not worthy, and bow unto thee... the foreseers of doom... the "I was right" brigade... the "I told you so" mob.
For thee, today is a good day.  Enjoy.

?