BHam - Home

MBoro - Home

Barnsley - Away

Brentford - Away

Blackburn - Home

Luton - Away

Cardiff - Away

Coventry - Home - TBC

The Coventry game still needs to be squeezed in somewhere but Rotherham's last 7 games arent the best especially when they are playing every midweek and other teams will be fresher.

Can see them picking up 8pts, 10 max? Beating Wycombe & Cov at home, drawing to BHam & QPR. 3 games against teams around us so at least some of them will be dropping points too.

If we win 2 of our last 9 that means Rotherham need to get 15-16pts to go above us, I cant see them winning 5 of their remaining games?

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Rotherham's remaining games - 

Bristol C - Away

Millwall - Away

Wycombe - Home

Huddersfield - Away

QPR - Home

BHam - Home

MBoro - Home

Barnsley - Away

Brentford - Away

Blackburn - Home

Luton - Away

Cardiff - Away

Coventry - Home - TBC

The Coventry game still needs to be squeezed in somewhere but Rotherham's last 7 games arent the best especially when they are playing every midweek and other teams will be fresher.

Can see them picking up 8pts, 10 max? Beating Wycombe & Cov at home, drawing to BHam & QPR. 3 games against teams around us so at least some of them will be dropping points too.

If we win 2 of our last 9 that means Rotherham need to get 15-16pts to go above us, I cant see them winning 5 of their remaining games?

I think there’s some incredibly winable games in that lot for them tbh 

we’ve still got a helluv lot to do to get out of this or avoid last day here palpitations 

In my opinion we are well in a relegation fight and may still be when the play the Wendies in the last game. Brum and Coventry may prove to be more difficult to shake off. We needed to beat Coventry and Millwall and we failed to do so.

Love this thread. We have a hard opponent, Brum have an easy opponent (not saying reading are easy, just exaggerating slightly), we draw, Brum win. Oh no, they’ve gained two points on us, the season is definitely over. But then the next week, the tables are turned, we win and they draw, or we both loose (more likely). Either way, the season isn’t played on a single Wednesday. That’s why we shouldn’t be looking at other team’s results really, we should just be happy with a well earned point, and a point closer to safety. 

Given that 6 matches seem to be the accepted definition of "form" we have gained 3 points, Coventry and Birmingham 7.

A continuation of that trend will see them both overtake us by seasons end. 

Our saving grace is Rotherham who also have 3 points so do not have enough games in hand to overtake. 

We simply have to improve significantly. 

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Given that 6 matches seem to be the accepted definition of "form" we have gained 3 points, Coventry and Birmingham 7.

A continuation of that trend will see them both overtake us by seasons end. 

Our saving grace is Rotherham who also have 3 points so do not have enough games in hand to overtake. 

We simply have to improve significantly. 

Things can change very quickly though can’t it? Not so long ago we were top six for “current form” and Birmingham were bottom three. 

9 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just the 3 wins then!! 

Did the second half performance last night just pass you by?

More confident than ever that we will pull clear, I don’t think Rotherham will even get 50 points 

I just hope you are right and that we can consistently reproduce that second half performance and it wasn’t a one off.

The first half performance has been our recent benchmark and i that is the concern.

19 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I just hope you are right and that we can consistently reproduce that second half performance and it wasn’t a one off.

The first half performance has been our recent benchmark and i that is the concern.

Agreed. Also a good job it wasn't the other way round vs Brentford (play awful in the second half instead). As it is, we finished on a high - the draw felt like a win and hopefully the confidence boost will last. Oh, and Rooney has learnt a bit about what worked and what didn't of course.

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/56437260.amp

Rotherham recorded 25 positive covid tests! 

That article raises questions about whether they have actually put the EFL protocols in place at all. This is their second outbreak, too. 

It sounds like they feel aggreived about having to play but other clubs have had to play matches in far from ideal circumstances. 

I hope we don't get another outbreak as we would be dealt with in a similar manner.