Relegation watch

Spanish

On 12/02/2021 at 20:37, Curtains said:

Watching game Blackburn vs Preston and pitch looks fine and this is being played in the evening.

So what is wrong with Rotherham and Sheff Wednesday pitches !

On 12/02/2021 at 22:13, angieram said:

No undersoil heating at Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday's is broken.

I believe eastern England was worse hit by snow than the west.

After leaving 8 inches of snow behind in Edinburgh on Wednesday, I drove down the M74 and M6. There was very little snow from the Scottish border until reaching the Crewe area. In fact, there may not have even been a single flake of snow left on the ground near Preston.

Meanwhile, just off the M6 toll, I still have a bit of snow in my back garden several days later.

23 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Unbeaten in eleven, I think.

The squads both we and Forest have should be nowhere near the relegation scrap. 

We are both where we are because of poor management at board and squad level. 

Wycomb are gone. Coventry are in free fall, Birmingham are just awful. I think that will end up being the bottom three. 

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wycomb are gone. Coventry are in free fall, Birmingham are just awful. I think that will end up being the bottom three. 

Í agree.

I’d throw Huddersfield into the mix too 

Edited by StrawHillRam

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Forest must have the most bloated, imbalanced squad of players in the entire Championship so don't think you're comparing eggs with eggs with us and them. 

19 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I can only assume you mean the squad and management we have now is good enough to avoid the relegation scrap. Otherwise, how can it be a “management at board level” fault?

c'mon Derby let's end this thread

Stoke19:00Sheff Wed

Wendy need to get back in winning ways.  Stoke not won in 5.  Some pressure on the stoke manager, a draw

Middlesbrough19:45Huddersfield

their first appearance in this thread but on current form fully deserved.  Boro looked like they have dangerous players with craft speed and guile.  Colin is starting to come under pressure given their current form and I expect them to win.  Note the late kick off

Close this thread, we are not in this relegation fight, Leave it to Sheff Weds, Birmingham, Rotherham, Coventry, Huddersfield, Coventry and Forest. Did'nt mention Wycombe they've already booked their ticket to League One. Others that could get dragged in are Luton, Bristol and Preston.

Breaking news Dean Holden has been sacked. He got a phone call whilst in the dug out at the of the game and did'nt even make the post match interview.

The Championship is continuing to be an absolutely mental league.

Unbelievably we currently find ourselves closer to 10th than to the relegation zone. I don't think we're out of it yet, then again nor are about 10 teams, however we've given ourselves a really good chance to have a really boring, nothing to play for end of the season.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

The Championship is continuing to be an absolutely mental league.

Unbelievably we currently find ourselves closer to 10th than to the relegation zone. I don't think we're out of it yet, then again nor are about 10 teams, however we've given ourselves a really good chance to have a really boring, nothing to play for end of the season.

I’d take that

27 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Close this thread, we are not in this relegation fight, Leave it to Sheff Weds, Birmingham, Rotherham, Coventry, Huddersfield, Coventry and Forest. Did'nt mention Wycombe they've already booked their ticket to League One. Others that could get dragged in are Luton, Bristol and Preston.

Breaking news Dean Holden has been sacked. He got a phone call whilst in the dug out at the of the game and did'nt even make the post match interview.

Very very premature to say that. We're on a blistering run of form but lose the next two & we're right back in it. We need to get to 50 points as soon as possible & that's still 16 points away.

Re Dean Holden - pretty classless way to sack a manager. With Jason Tindall's sacking last week, that's the other 2 managerial novices in this division now out of a job. Only Rooney left..

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Very very premature to say that. We're on a blistering run of form but lose the next two & we're right back in it. We need to get to 50 points as soon as possible & that's still 16 points away.

Re Dean Holden - pretty classless way to sack a manager. With Jason Tindall's sacking last week, that's the other 2 managerial novices in this division now out of a job. Only Rooney left..

So when we get 7 points in the next 3 games will you agree with me then.

6 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

So when we get 7 points in the next 3 games will you agree with me then.

It’s way too soon to get over-confident. We could get 7 points in the next 3 games and still go down.

We have 17 games to play. So much can change. Look at Huddersfield, Birmingham, Coventry and many others who were probably breathing easy a few short weeks ago.

In the space of 16 games, we have gone from one extreme (inept relegation certainties) to another (getting results with the consistency of a side chasing automatic promotion).

That should tell you that this is no time to rest easy and this group of players can produce both the sublime and the ridiculous.

@LeedsCityRam is absolutely spot on. It will only take 2-3 bad results and the house of cards could start wobbling again, so we have to be mindful of that.

We won’t be able to forget about the relegation battle until we are on 55 points. March and April will be a tough run of games and a big test of this team’s character. So this is no time to get ahead of ourselves.