Relegation watch

Spanish

57 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I get that there's still work to do but I really think you're clutching at straws here. The reason it's been like an 'extended honeymoon period' is because Rooney has the team playing properly now and working hard to get results. I don't believe in the so called new manager bounce. When a manager gets sacked it's usually because the team is playing awful football and losing, like we were under cocu. We've now just reverted to type. We never were a relegation team. It would be absolutely shocking if Derby were to get relegated, we have enough good players to be well clear.

Yes, maybe I would be clutching at straws if we were six points clear with four games to go, or if we had been in this kind of form for 30-35 games.

But there are 17 games to play and we’ll see what this team is really made of and whether this confidence is well-placed. For me, you have to be cautious with this group of players because they can be hugely unreliable.

No-one is disputing that Rooney has done a good job so far and is getting better performances and results from this group of players, but will it last and will it evolve into something more palatable?

We were never a relegation candidate? We have spent almost 30 games in the bottom 6-8 places. The table doesn’t lie.

Of course it would be shocking and devastating to get relegated, but it is still a distinct possibility at the moment. We still need 5-7 wins to be sure of our divisional status. That might not seem much of a task on current form, but how quickly it could become a mountain to climb.

Let’s see where we are in 10 games. If we are comfortably safe, I will come back and hold my hands up and say I was worrying over nothing.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Of course it would be shocking and devastating to get relegated, but it is still a distinct possibility at the moment. We still need 5-7 wins to be sure of our divisional status. That might not seem much of a task on current form, but how quickly it could become a mountain to climb.

Gawww it must be grim inside your head? We're not going down! #COYR

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Gawww it must be grim inside your head? We're not going down! #COYR

With the greatest respect, my head is clear. There is a long way to go.

Only two games ago, we were in the bottom three and we’ve been in the bottom 6-8 positions for two thirds of this season, so it’s hardly outrageous to be cautious about our survival prospects.

You can relax if you want. You are infatuated with Rooney and that’s fine. But with respect, not every Derby fan is going to see our situation like yourself.

Knowing how people treated you over your views about Martin, Cocu and so on, I would have thought you would know what it’s like to be belittled for your opinions and you would not treat others like that. Quite surprising for you to say something like ‘it’s grim in your head’.

Just now, Jourdan said:

Knowing how people treated you over your views about Martin, Cocu and so on, I would have thought you would know what it’s like to be belittled for your opinions and you would not treat others like that. Quite surprising for you to say something like ‘it’s grim in your head’.

I'm a Rooney fan boy for sure, we're no longer in danger of going down, plenty of others looking worse than us! As I said to another poster I'm only in a negative mindset when it's clear things are grim - you seem unable to see the light.

Whilst it remains something of a long shot, the makers of the Relagometer felt there was a need in the marketplace for other Relagometers for teams being sucked inexorably towards their spiritual home in the third tier. As such, here is a sneek preview of the "Are Forest going down-o-meter.

Naturally, the phrase going down and keeping the forest content family friendly led to an extended development time, but here she is, may her needle swing happily southward over the coming weeks.

forestdown.png

11 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Yes, maybe I would be clutching at straws if we were six points clear with four games to go, or if we had been in this kind of form for 30-35 games.

But there are 17 games to play and we’ll see what this team is really made of and whether this confidence is well-placed. For me, you have to be cautious with this group of players because they can be hugely unreliable.

No-one is disputing that Rooney has done a good job so far and is getting better performances and results from this group of players, but will it last and will it evolve into something more palatable?

We were never a relegation candidate? We have spent almost 30 games in the bottom 6-8 places. The table doesn’t lie.

Let’s see where we are in 10 games. If we are comfortably safe, I will come back and hold my hands up and say I was worrying over nothing.

There's 4 teams currently below us that only have 16 games to play. So we would have to lose the game in hand and those 4 teams would have to better us (in their points total) for the rest of the season. And on top of that Sheff Wed/Rotherham would also have to pull in better points total in their remaining 17 and 18 games. Wycombe are as good as down, we only have to stay above 2 other teams to stay up. Another thing of note, If you dont concede a goal, you don't lose. All 7 teams below us have conceded more goals and as a matter of fact, there is only FIVE teams in the Championship thats conceded less than the Rams.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

There's 4 teams currently below us that only have 16 games to play. So we would have to lose the game in hand and those 4 teams would have to better us (in their points total) for the rest of the season. And on top of that Sheff Wed/Rotherham would also have to pull in better points total in their remaining 17 and 18 games. Wycombe are as good as down, we only have to stay above 2 other teams to stay up. Another thing of note, If you dont concede a goal, you don't lose. All 7 teams below us have conceded more goals and as a matter of fact, there is only FIVE teams in the Championship thats conceded less than the Rams.

Makes the rovrum result so odd

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Whilst it remains something of a long shot, the makers of the Relagometer felt there was a need in the marketplace for other Relagometers for teams being sucked inexorably towards their spiritual home in the third tier. As such, here is a sneek preview of the "Are Forest going down-o-meter.

Naturally, the phrase going down and keeping the forest content family friendly led to an extended development time, but here she is, may her needle swing happily southward over the coming weeks.

forestdown.png

Have you seen their March fixtures, If I was a red dog it could be worry worry time.