Relegation watch

Spanish

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Some one posting a playoff thread doesn’t mean everyone suddenly thinks playoffs are on. I think we will stay up. 

I didn’t say everyone thought that ?

I said a thread was created.

It wasn’t a pop at anybody’s beliefs or opinions, literally just pointing out what a bonkers season it is. 12 points separating 7th to 22nd doesn’t really rule anybody in those places out of the relegation battle.

Most fans think we have 

• a good goalkeeper
  • a right back who is better than bogle
  • one of the best young left backs around
  • matt Clarke back to his PoY best
  • a terrific young midfield talent
  • another Scottish midfield bryson
  • a Polish full international winger
  • a gem of a no9
  • a good management team
  • a production line of academy stars

so why are we getting smacked by Rotherham?

why are we fighting relegation?

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Most fans think we have 

• a good goalkeeper
  • a gem of a no9
  • a good management team

Excellent post. A lot of it IMHO is the physicality of our playing staff, lacking stature/strength and to a degree the sheer workrate required for success in todays championship.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Most fans think we have 

• a good goalkeeper
  • a gem of a no9
  • a good management team

It’s a fair point and I’d probably say we lack experience in the championship.

I’ve no idea on stats etc but I’d say from the starting 11 against Rotherham how many of them have done more than 1 full season in the championship?

Maybe like 4 of them (Waghorn, Wisdom, Byrne, Marshall). Probably Richards too but 10 years ago.

If we knew how to beat the teams around us then we wouldn’t be in any trouble. Coventry, Wycombe, Wednesday, Rotherham, Barnsley, Huddersfield and Luton have all taken points off us this season and how many of them are actually better footballing teams and how many just managed the game better than us. 

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Most fans think we have 

• a good goalkeeper
  • a gem of a no9
  • a good management team

because...

gerog2gd8fwmb7muityb.png

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Most fans think we have 

• a good goalkeeper
  • a gem of a no9
  • a good management team

Because of a lack of experience, uncertainty off the pitch, delay in naming a new manager & injuries.

We have all of the above but until midweek our bench looked like a local primary school had turned up to watch the games and madr the bench.

Lawrence for example, people may or may not like/rate him but in the 2 months he has been out if he had played I am confident he would have helped us get a few more points on the board than what we have now and those 2 or 3 points more would make the table look much different for us.

With our new signings we now have options off the bench. Bieliks injury is a stinker fornus but lets hope Bird & Baningime can see us through to the summer. Lawrence wont be too far away and Ibe is back training so may feature in a month or so too hopefully.

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Most fans think we have 

• a good goalkeeper
  • a gem of a no9
  • a good management team

Because Cocu did his damnedest to try and get us relegated to League 1 before he was removed 

Because we can't create chances for toffee and we're only out of the bottom 3 now by a whisker due to us being able to keep a handful of clean sheets on the back of us scoring a solitary goal - we are the lowest scorers in the entire division fact. 

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Lawrence for example, people may or may not like/rate him but in the 2 months he has been out if he had played I am confident he would have helped us get a few more points on the board than what we have now...

His return as the saviour was eagerly anticipated along with waghorn earlier this season.....remember having to play games with a front 3 of Rooney joswiak and one of holmes/knight/whoever on the other wing?

No upturn ensued and I see no reason why any is more likely this time. 

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Because Cocu did his damnedest to try and get us relegated to League 1 before he was removed. 

Sorry, but this is nonsense. Of course he didn’t "try" to put us at the bottom of the table. He had rubbish luck with injuries/unavailability and it's fair to criticise his style and methods as being unsuitable and unsuccessful. But no need for wild unfounded accusations. 

Remind me how the post Cocu games before Bielik was up to fitness went, and how the one game since his latest injury? Think he was vital for Wayne's system. Now we have to adapt the system slightly-which might mean more games slip away and results worsen. Perhaps Wayne is also trying to take us down?

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Sorry, but this is nonsense. Of course he didn’t "try" to put us at the bottom of the table. He had rubbish luck with injuries/unavailability and it's fair to criticise his style and methods as being unsuitable and unsuccessful. But no need for wild unfounded accusations.  

Perhaps Wayne is also trying to take us down?

The point being made is that we are still recovering from the abysmal start endured under Cocu which is still valid and pertinent. Given the results and performances Cocu orchestrated it could be one reasonable assertion to assume that he was trying to get us relegated.

Without checking other posters facts it's been progressed on here a couple of weeks ago that if the season had started when Rooney was introduced as manager then we would be 6th in the table which hopefully answers your second point. 

13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Lawrence for example, people may or may not like/rate him but in the 2 months he has been out if he had played I am confident he would have helped us get a few more points on the board than what we have now and those 2 or 3 points more would make the table look much different for us.

Played 13 games this season, There's very little evidence this player has anything to offer DCFC, Not scored this season, Played in a team under PC that was lacking of ability including himself, Imo he had his best pre Car Crash and the loss of his Mother.

Now a spent force for me,

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

His return as the saviour was eagerly anticipated along with waghorn earlier this season.....remember having to play games with a front 3 of Rooney joswiak and one of holmes/knight/whoever on the other wing?

No upturn ensued and I see no reason why any is more likely this time

Remind me how the post Cocu games before Bielik was up to fitness went, and how the one game since his latest injury? Think he was vital for Wayne's system. Now we have to adapt the system slightly-which might mean more games slip away and results worsen. Perhaps Wayne is also trying to take us down?

So you are basing his quality off when he last returned from injury? This time around he hasnt been thrown straight back in and also there is less pressure on him tonbe the 'saviour' as we hsve started to win games and have new signings too.

Lawrence has the ability, and has shown it, to win games by himself and score some cracking goals. He may not do it often enough which everyone will agree on but I reckon he will have contributed enough in a couple of the draws/losses to help turn them to wins/draws. 1 moment of magic is all it takes and he has that in his locker.

7 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Played 13 games this season, There's very little evidence this player has anything to offer DCFC, Not scored this season, Played in a team under PC that was lacking of ability including himself, Imo he had his best pre Car Crash and the loss of his Mother.

So judging him again by this season alone where up until recently most players has offered little which is why we are where we are. If you put a confident Tom Lawrence in a confident team he has plenty to offer.

Yes we lost vs Rotherham but our form under Rooney should mean our team is relatively confident.

He has played 4 games under Rooney when he first took over and we didnt lose any, im not putting that down to Lawrence but who knows how Rooney can get Lawrence playing

Edited by DCFC1388

5 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Jim this for me is one of those scenarios I want to see pan out.  I want to see whether Rooney can get the best out of Tom.  When he returns to fitness do we still get the 1 in 7 mardyarse nasty guy or can he get to 1 in 4 game changer which I suspect is in there somewhere.  Like @DCFC1388there could be potential there and that comes from someone who is not a fan of his.

Rotherham - on a great run hard to beat will pick up points from those you don’t expect them too

Birmingham - struggling but have 3 strikers Hogan Juke Crosgrove if one of them turns it on then they could drag them out the mess

Coventry - starting to fall a bit. had a better first half of the season than I thought still think they might get dragged in 

Forest- Murray showing on his Debut that’ll he’ll score goals to keep them out of trouble

Wednesday - had picked up recently poor result yesterday they still have a decent squad they’ve got enough to keep them away from the drop depends on how the off the field stuff effects them 

Wycombe - surely they are down

Derby - should have a squad good enough but don’t beat teams around us, don’t score enough goals, we need to start picking up points and scoring goals and we will be ok!

Luton - great first half to the season, hard to beat at home 

Cardiff and QPR- can’t see either being dragged in

Barnsley - an actual decent side think the past record has made everyone think it’ll be an easy 3 points can play it nasty but also play it on the floor!

apart from Wycombe I really can’t pick another 2 I think will join them

13 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Jim this for me is one of those scenarios I want to see pan out.  I want to see whether Rooney can get the best out of Tom.  When he returns to fitness do we still get the 1 in 7 mardyarse nasty guy or can he get to 1 in 4 game changer which I suspect is in there somewhere.  Like @DCFC1388there could be potential there and that comes from someone who is not a fan of his.

I think we all know there is potential there, just doesn't show it often enough. Personally i would like to see Lawrence given a shot in the no.10 position as it looks like we will now be playing 4-2-3-1 given Bielik's injury. He doesn't have the pace or left foot to really be a winger but you would have to say he is probably our most creative player, something we desperately need right now.

Something like this maybe:

image.png.a1d8e870ba7de9fc587b585b6fc48556.png

47 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Spot on. Needs to be moved on.

9 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I think we all know there is potential there, just doesn't show it often enough. Personally i would like to see Lawrence given a shot in the no.10 position as it looks like we will now be playing 4-2-3-1 given Bielik's injury. He doesn't have the pace or left foot to really be a winger but you would have to say he is probably our most creative player, something we desperately need right now.

Something like this maybe:

image.png.a1d8e870ba7de9fc587b585b6fc48556.png

Always a bit reluctant to build a strategy around a guy who can be so hot and cold (mostly cold).  I hope he isn't always guaranteed a start and only utilised where it hurts the opposition

46 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The point being made is that we are still recovering from the abysmal start endured under Cocu which is still valid and pertinent. Given the results and performances Cocu orchestrated it could be one reasonable assertion to assume that he was trying to get us relegated.

Without checking other posters facts it's been progressed on here a couple of weeks ago that if the season had started when Rooney was introduced as manager then we would be 6th in the table which hopefully answers your second point. 

I think if we had started the season without Rooney as a player and Bielik fit and CKR. We would be absolutely fine with Cocu. 

Sure we were poor in games, but equally we dropped points in very tight games.