Rooney In!

Inverurie Ram

The first 3 mins is about the match, the rest is about the future.

TBH I'd be happy for him to have a proper go at the job - get the take over done and some players in that he can call his own, then judge him.

Unless something unforseen happens though it does look like he'll be with us next season, here's hoping he wins a few of the fans over.

1 hour ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Rooney is not the man to take us forward. If anyone can provide any evidence that I am wrong, please go ahead 

How can you prove that he isn't? We were rubbish under Cocu and the same under Rooney but there was a hot minute under Rooney where some on here were cheekily thinking a late play off push is possible. The difference between Cocu and Rooney, Rooney hasn't signed signed a single player (outside a few loanees, whilst decent enough let's be honest they were no Mount, Wilson or Tomori). 

Judge him when he made some signings and if we're still playing like this season then yes, get rid but we cannot keep hiring managers when we know the real problem is the squad and you cannot blame the manager for the squad when it's not his squad.

18 minutes ago, maxjam said:

The first 3 mins is about the match, the rest is about the future.

TBH I'd be happy for him to have a proper go at the job - get the take over done and some players in that he can call his own, then judge him.

Unless something unforseen happens though it does look like he'll be with us next season, here's hoping he wins a few of the fans over.

Great interview. What a man!! 

Much as he has annoyed me and I would prefer someone else, he said all the right things there. I would give him a chance if that's what happens but he needs to massively replicate what he says in practice on the pitch. 

Edited by Chester40

2 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Rooney is not the man to take us forward. If anyone can provide any evidence that I am wrong, please go ahead 

However it is exactly what you are proposing that has got us in this mess. Poor ownership,  and managerial merry-go-round.  We need to stick with someone and give them.time to weed out all the players  from the previous 7 managers and build a team by one

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Your love in for Rooney is admiral, you have hated every previous manager so I have no idea what he has done to get you onside ?

? I have not hated every previous manager - how long have you been a fan 3 or 4 years?!

Mac1 & Mac2 particularly in recent memory.

19 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

However it is exactly what you are proposing that has got us in this mess. Poor ownership,  and managerial merry-go-round.  We need to stick with someone and give them.time to weed out all the players  from the previous 7 managers and build a team by one

That isn’t rooney and co I’m afraid

20 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

On that basis why sack Cocu then? Wazza’s record is worse...

I think we need to take a balanced view on this situation. We escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth. There are obviously some very serious problems at the club both on and off the pitch which will need addressing. If Rotherham had managed to hold on to their lead we would have been relegated. How many of us would have been calling for Rooney's resignation then? There's a lot of very fickle fans out there. I still have reservations about Rooney's ability to manage a championship club and one draw against a poor Sheffield Wednesday team is not going to win me over!