v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point.

Complete Jeykel and Hyde performance. Today proved you need to blend effort with talent and contrary to common belief we do have talented players.

Time to get out of the defensive mindset mr Rooney 

Hopefully Kaz isn’t a bad injury.

Was that bi-polar, schizophrenic or both? The best and worst all rolled into one.

Now then Wazza... No more ducking Andre Wisdom at CB. No more 7 or 8 defensive-minded players starting games, you can bring them on when we're 2-0 up if you must. And finally, let's play with a little less fear as you yourself keep saying. Practice what you preach and pick a side to win a game not nullify the opposition.

Lastly, kudos for getting it right in the end tonight. Make sure you've not forgotten lessons learned by the the time of the Stoke game though please!!!

That second half is how I want to see us play the rest of the season.

Effective forward movement and making our opponents scared when we attack.

3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1 if Kaz is injured for a while fits the better players in The squad.

I think Watson was unlucky not to have the opportunity to play in the shuffled formation but he will get his chances.

We have choices for a back 3 with Mengi impressing lately and Edmundson probably the better form option over Wisdom at the moment. Also, we have some great wing back options on both sides.

Our winger/wide attackers are probably more suited to playing a bit narrower and using their trickery anyway. Roberts, Lawrence, Jozwiak and Sibley can all link midfield to attack if they play more centrally.

Shinnie is a beast at the moment. Obviously we miss Bielik, but Shinnies heart is nearly as big as his balls.

Knight ran his socks off again and is a good partner to Shinnie. I’d like to see Bird find form again but it just isn’t happening for him at the moment.

Roos is doing well with his chance and continues unless his form drops drastically.

Hopefully we take this momentum forwards.

15 minutes ago, DerpyDane said:

Bet you Rooney will go out and criticize him again

Cliche for all time ..”some players need an arm round them, some need a kick up the back side” 

Thing about cliches .. they are what they are because they contain a grain of truth

effing brilliant come back .. well done everyone

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Was that bi-polar, schizophrenic or both? The best and worst all rolled into one.

Now then Wazza... No more ducking Andre Wisdom at CB. No more 7 or 8 defensive-minded platers starting games, you can bring them on when we're 2-0 up if you must. And finally, let's play with a little less fear as you yourself keep saying. Practice what you preach and pick a side to win a game not nullify the opposition.

Lastly, kudos for getting it right in the end tonight. Make sure you've not forgotten lessons learned by the the time of the Stoke game though please!!!

Think this is the first time he’s actually been able to have so many attacking first team players to choose from.

Jekyll and Hyde performance. 

Attitude was very clearly different, the formation was better, energy was higher. Won every duel, first to every loose ball. 

Wayne was at fault for the incredibly turgid first half, the 4th or 5th performance in a row of that type. Whatever happened at half time verged on miraculous and gives me a glimmer of hope. 

It's a good point but I think it's a game that raises more questions than answers and really was a let off in that we could have easily been 4 down at half time. 

First half we got it so badly wrong tactically with Knight pushed up basically as a striker with a front 4 that was pushed right up leaving a massive gap so once Brentford easily broke through the press it was easy to create overlaps. Also due to how we were set up it was a nightmare to progress and play between the lines as we were so outnumbered in central areas. Putting knight at 10 hasn't worked all season and was negative defensive decision that backfired horribly today. And you have to feel for Watson shoved out wide despite playing well centrally in previous games. 

We had to change at half time and the changes gave us more players in the centre making it harder for them to play through us (as there were less gaps) and easier to play our way into the game. It was harsh in the extreme on Bird and Watson but somebody had to pay for Rooney's initial mistake and the switch to a 352 was correct. Sibley pops up to bail us out for a point because unsurprisingly if you play him for a decent amount of time in central areas then he scores and creates. 

This result I honestly feels paper over increasingly wide cracks and if we don't start learning the lessons of the last few weeks we are going to sink further into the mire.

So can we finally put Max Bird out of his misery ... I hate grinding on young guys but the guy truly offers nothing ... at all ... really needs to go back to the u23s and rediscover what sort of player he’s going to be 

I’ll give any player a chance but since the infamous worst free kick in history the guy has been nothing but a painful to watch passenger, too much like Shinnie and as many others have noticed he seems to play the ball and then hide rather than look further up the pitch for space 

Archived