v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

According to Rooney, it was all him at HT - fair enough if true. Well done ??

Lots of "I's" in the interview today 

Does that seem weird to anyone else ... who’s been doing stuff in the rest of his matches and does that mean he played the team he wanted to play second half .... I’m not going to ask the obvious question but I’m sure you all know the question 

2 minutes ago, Silko said:

So can we finally put Max Bird out of his misery ... I hate grinding on young guys but the guy truly offers nothing ... at all ... really needs to go back to the u23s and rediscover what sort of player he’s going to be 

I’ll give any player a chance but since the infamous worst free kick in history the guy has been nothing but a painful to watch passenger, too much like Shinnie and as many others have noticed he seems to play the ball and then hide rather than look further up the pitch for space 

How about we enjoy the comeback instead of calling out young players? It was the set up that was wrong, rather than the individuals in it. Rooney just said as much.

7 minutes ago, roboto said:

Think this is the first time he’s actually been able to have so many attacking first team players to choose from.

Simply not true. The only extra player he had at his disposal tonight was Lawrence. Are you unaware that Sibley's been languishing on the bench since the Birmingham game?

Outstanding second half fight back, totally against the script and everything else that’s happened this season. Everything missing in the first half - energy, fight, desire - was there in abundance. We were much braver on the ball, committed men forward, and actually managed to do that thing where you stick the ball in the back of the net.

Despite that, I still feel a bit disappointed - because it could have been so much more. If we hadn’t basically thrown the game first half by setting up way too negatively we could have won that match. Brentford are vulnerable when you get at them. Look what happened when we actually got some creative players on the pitch in their favoured positions - we are capable of performing, the manager needs to grow some balls and stop being so cautious, like his predecessor. Start games more attack minded, and we might see that sort of quality from the start of a game!

The set up at the start of the game today was shocking management from Rooney, and a pathetic effort from the players - we are very lucky we were able to get back into the game, because Brentford should have been out of sight at half time. Let’s use this as a platform to build on now, and stop being so defensive! 

Lots to talk about after that but if I can sum it up in one sentence...

——————————-

Let the opposition worry about you rather than setting up your team to counter them!!!

——————————-

Second half we pushed Byrne forward, which pushed Toney back and pulled their players out of position. 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

How about we enjoy the comeback instead of calling out young players? It was the set up that was wrong, rather than the individuals in it. Rooney just said as much.

And our young gun grabs the winner for Stockport ..... an even happier @angieram as I know you keep a close eye on them wherever they may roam!! 

7 minutes ago, Silko said:

So can we finally put Max Bird out of his misery ... I hate grinding on young guys but the guy truly offers nothing ... at all ... really needs to go back to the u23s and rediscover what sort of player he’s going to be 

I’ll give any player a chance but since the infamous worst free kick in history the guy has been nothing but a painful to watch passenger, too much like Shinnie and as many others have noticed he seems to play the ball and then hide rather than look further up the pitch for space 

image.gif.d1a4031763635ae3bf7fe287256c92ff.gif

He’s nothing like Shinnie 

Teams that score with 2 of their 3 shots on target to equalise in the last 5 minutes are who highlights were invented for. Never need to watch a game again with Rooney in charge! 

chandler bing happy dance GIF by Nick At Nite

I thought Brentford were exceptional in the first half, and decent in the second. We were shell shocked in the first after the penalty and were brave in the second and in the end deserved the draw. Coming back from 2-0 was like a win for us, which shows where we are at the moment. 

this might just be the result that drives us forward. I hope CKR is ok 

Archived