Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Fed up with Knight being shoved out wide. He works very hard but won't try and take on his man and will 99 times out of 100 choose the simple pass over trying to create a chance for the forwards. 

I think a bit of a problem is developing with Knight. He puts in such a shift and seems like a model professional - so can see why Rooney looked to put him in every starting XI when he took over. We needed a bit of passion and someone working hard and setting the tone.

But now what we need is a bit of quality. And Knight doesn’t offer much of that. Particularly on the wing. With the position we’re in, I think only CKR and Byrne deserve guaranteed starts. Rooney should bench him for a bit and see how he responds.

2 minutes ago, DRBee said:

We are just set up too defensively, passing back or sideways seems the default

We are poor. We lose the ball frequently. We seldom have control of any phase. We lack composure and any sense that we can impose our play. The result is scrappy pin-ball style with play pinging about the pitch. A lack of intelligence all over the pitch. Hard to watch or derive much enjoyment as a spectacle. 

Buchanan and Byrne have touched the ball.more than anyone else of the field. Between those two they've had the ball more than our 'midfield 3'.

At the very least we need Knight back in the middle to provide more balance to the side. Personally, I'd have Sibley back on the left by bringing Waggy off.

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

We are poor. We lose the ball frequently. We seldom have control of any phase. We lack composure and any sense that we can impose our play. The result is scrappy pin-ball style with play pinging about the pitch. A lack of intelligence all over the pitch. Hard to watch or derive much enjoyment as a spectacle. 

Exactly this.

Archived