Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been a tough watch, the lack of any intensity or basic skills i.e. passing the ball is quite frightening. If only we could just do the simple things well, we should be beating a pretty poor Coventry side. Hoping for much better second half with more energy and desire.

Yet again Coventry are pressing us every time we get the ball, but when they get the ball we stand off and let them play however they want.

When are we going to press as a foundational part of our game plan, because it works? And we have proved it tome and time again.

2 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

Bird our best player, what makes you say that. He's done a couple of decent passes to Buchanan... That's about it?

Id say Bird was our best player. He’s got his foot in and won the ball back a few times and also played some good balls. It’s a low bar from that half but he’s been out best along with Roberts

Hmmmmmm

We need more from the midfield and wings.

I want to say haul one of knight or Shinnie off for Sibbo and have bird Sibbo and knight/Shinnie as a three man midfield. 

Put wags on the left 10 mins to improve or replace with Joz.

Really don’t like chopping and changing again. I fear Rooney’s shot himself in the foot with the changes and lost our momentum and organisation!

Whatever they are doing it is not working. We’ve won games recently playing 4-4-2 but we’ve been poo in all those wins. Only got RD to go on sounds like Roberts is playing Cov on his own, even Kazim has been poor. It’s not like we haven’t had the ball in attacking areas. This game is there for us but we need to sort it out with a formation tweak and a couple of subs. 
A draw will do. A win takes the pressure off Barnsley game. 

Archived