Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor half. We are all bluster and effort but no skill. Coventry look the better footballing team and more cultured. Our urgent hurried negativity is becoming a habit. Wazza needs to exert a complete reset. At this rate and in this style we are regressing. The pitch isn’t helping but cannot see how we are going to re-claim this game if we continue in this vein.

The midfield need to show for the ball. There is 0 movement from them to show for the defenders. This results in hoofball. We need knight playing CDM and someone else in there who can pass a ball forward. The lack of quality in this midfield just makes it painful to watch. 

Goal was a gift for them but that performance was rubbish. May as well get on the coach back to Derby now because no point playing the 2nd half if we just play like that.

Knight offers nothing on the left. Shinnie & Bird in a 2 just doesnt work, they are so easy to run past and make runs off. Wisdom & Clarke are so negative on the ball, first instinct is to turn to each other and play centre back ping pong again. CKR not holding it up well enough, he needs to bring it down and lay it off, not fancy flicks or trying to knock it over a defenders heads.

Bird himself wasnt too bad after the first 10mins but our only bright spark is Roberts so I fullt expect him to be subbed off on the hour mark..

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

...and yet he's been out best player.

Shinnie's been utterly anonymous, not putting in any tackles or closing anyone down.

Bird our best player, what makes you say that. He's done a couple of decent passes to Buchanan... That's about it?

1 minute ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Sod it joz and sibley on put waggy up with king col and go 4-4-2 

Roberts shinnie sibley joz

waggy and the king up top..

They've been playing 442 all half.... Waghorn has touched the ball about three times!!

Take away the mistake and we've been by far the more progressive side I just can't for the life of me understand why we don't actually pass the ball into the middle and then move out wide...

Think Roberts has had a good half but we get thier full back on a booking and then never play him the ball again..... 

Not terrible but very frustrating.... We desperately need an attacking midfielder to be able to move through the lines 

So poor, it's hard to take any positive from that. Too many players not good enough on the ball, Knight is awful with the ball, constantly looking for a free kick before being positive. Waghorn, non existent, Shinnie another one who hasn't got a forward pass in him.

The only time we looked dangerous was when Roberts was on the ball, they have quickly realised though that other than him we have nothing else in the team and have addressed that.

It's not like we have anything on the bench to address it, I'd move Waghorn out wide, Sibley in the middle and take shinnie off, but even then I doubt it would do much good.

That half was no better than any of the football under Cocu. We got it out wide and then either looked to play it inside every time or backwards until ultimately there was nowhere to go so we lumped it hopefully into the channel where nobody was. It was so dull to watch. 
Knight and Waghorn have offered nothing going forward. 

Just now, SparxTheRam said:

They've been playing 442 all half.... Waghorn has touched the ball about three times!!

Take away the mistake and we've been by far the more progressive side I just can't for the life of me understand why we don't actually pass the ball into the middle and then move out wide...

Think Roberts has had a good half but we get thier full back on a booking and then never play him the ball again..... 

Not terrible but very frustrating.... We desperately need an attacking midfielder to be able to move through the lines 

We are playing 4-4-2 and its part of the reason we're struggling so much. 

Archived