Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without the mistake it would be a pretty awful 0-0 at the moment.

We are still in it but Rooney has to work some magic at half time, really hope he doesn't leave the team unchanged for the start of the 2nd half. All our dangerous moves have come from the right hand side, that should tell him enough that its not working on the left.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Buchanan and Byrne have touched the ball.more than anyone else of the field. Between those two they've had the ball more than our 'midfield 3'.

At the very least we need Knight back in the middle to provide more balance to the side. Personally, I'd have Sibley back on the left by bringing Waggy off.

No creativity just tell the players that if you keep passing the ball backwards then you are leaving in the summer.

HT. Team selection is the problem for me. Shinnie and Bird are both holding CDMs, knight can't operate on the wing, and waghorn isn't in the game (never a no 10 anyway). Shake up needed, we're got no way of scoring other than a lucky set piece or a wonder goal.

It’s sending me to sleep.

epitomises why I’m not enthusiastic about our team selection, coaching and tactical preparation.

Just now, LincsRam said:

We are still in it but Rooney has to work some magic at half time, really hope he doesn't leave the team unchanged for the start of the 2nd half. All our dangerous moves have come from the right hand side, that should tell him enough that its not working on the left.

Statistically we are better playing big boot forward than passing it back when we are losing.

1 minute ago, LincsRam said:

Might we be missing Joswiack by any chance?

Just now, LincsRam said:

I fully expect Cov to score within a few minutes of the restart. 
Either the players don’t have the intelligence to get the team talk or the management talk a load of crap.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not as bad as Tuesday but simply because Coventry are as poor as we are. 

To be honest, this feels worse.

We had no intention of trying to win on Tuesday. A despicable attitude but Cardiff are vastly superior to us and we produced a performance appropriate to the manager's approach.

This is a game we are apparently trying to win this against a team that's below us in the table.

We are poo.

Crap first half but if it wasn’t for one slip up, it would be 0-0. Definitely not as bad as some are making out on here. 

I wouldn’t be seething if Rooney sent out the same team second half but you’d hope for a change to the formation or personnel. Haven’t created enough.

Serious question how many of these players would we want to see in our starting 11 next season. For me Byrne, Buchanan, Knight and CKR and that’s it. The squad isn’t anywhere near good enough. Of the 5 loans most have had 0 impact and don’t look up to it. We are so negative, boring and predictable to watch. It has reverted back to Cocu. We look off the pace and unfit, glad the farcical selection has paid dividends so far. Teams do not have to work hard against us to take something away from the game. 2.5 games in a row where we look totally defunct of any ideas. 

Here’s to hoping for a much improved second half. ???

Archived