Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, Wistaston Ram said:

This has been a tough watch, the lack of any intensity or basic skills i.e. passing the ball is quite frightening. If only we could just do the simple things well, we should be beating a pretty poor Coventry side. Hoping for much better second half with more energy and desire.

Unfortunately it's been this way for about 10 games now. The constant changing formations doesn't help why can't we go back to the 4-3-3 that was working so well and just stick with it. Please stop the 'Cocu style' worrying about the opponents and focus on ourselves instead.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I fully expect Cov to score within a few minutes of the restart. 
Either the players don’t have the intelligence to get the team talk or the management talk a load of crap.

I really hope you are wrong but can definitely see it happening

The Derby players should not be allowed to pass the ball backwards in order to maintain posession

Sort of like opposite offside.

Just look at the Cardiff 

Losing 4-0 when we had 73% posession says it all

Come on lads, get that ball in their final third.

Birds been ok. He’s the only one who can play a pass in midfield. Shinnie is doing nothing, very much out of form. No intensity and his touch has always been average. We need a footballer in there. Get some energy. Knight off, Waghorn out left for 15. Gregory and Watson/Shinnie on.

8 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

Bird our best player, what makes you say that. He's done a couple of decent passes to Buchanan... That's about it?

He's also won the ball 2-3 times, stuck with his man and done the basics well - which is something the rest of them aren't doing.

He's stopped their player progressing, who's turned away from goal and played the ball square to a teammate - but Shinnie's been nowhere near the other player who's then been able to move forward with it.

To be our best player in that half you only need put in a 6/10 performance.

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

We're no longer taking the knee. Now we're just taking the pee. Well it feels like it, charging a tenner for that lethargic display. Come on Derby, if we step up the effort, these are definitely beatable. Plus I wanna see @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta eat his shoes.

I'm really worried this won't get a chance to happen @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNestaeating his shoes

Come on Derby dammit!!! If there was ever a time we needed to win the game!!!

Infuriating. You’d have hoped for a serious reaction after that shocker on Tuesday night. We got exactly the opposite. We’ve been slow out the traps, lacking in energy and concentration, second to every ball, and we’ve been deservedly punished for yet another stupid error caused by us pissing around at the back. Resting players and throwing the game on Tuesday has really helped, hasn’t it Wayne?! I don’t know what’s happened the past few games, but we don’t seem to have any tempo to our play anymore - it’s all very slow and static, and no one seems willing to pass forward and make something happen. Rooney doesn’t seem to have learnt from Tuesday night either, yet again playing players out of position in a stupid formation which isn’t suited to the game. Needs to sort it out at half time!

We’ve got to start selecting a more attacking line up from the off, & start playing players in their best positions. 

Unless we’re prepared to begin setting up to go all out to win games, our slow passive approach will always invite pressure onto our defence & starve our frontline of the decent service that it needs.

We need to change things around at the break & just go at them in the second half.

Just now, Coconut said:

He's also won the ball 2-3 times, stuck with his man and done the basics well - which is something the rest of them aren't doing.

To be our best player in that half you only need put in a 6/10 performance.

I saw him passing back and sideways and not driving forward, and languidly strolling around not doing much. But yeah, a best player candidate.

Archived