Stevie Mac back on the coaching scene

Derbados

Or perhaps roony asked for some help and advise what to do at the moment and perhaps asked him to take some training sessions or perhaps he roony doing some work with ibe or with under 23s to see who can step up in the future or perhaps who can stake a claim in the first team.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, europia said:

He's certainly the best coach at DCFC, no question. 

Hi Schteve .. 

I reckon Wayne will be forking out for a new head of hair soon.. 

'soooo... there was this one time at band camp with United /England..', 

'I recall saying to Sir Alex, bring Ole on we have Bayern on the ropes..' 

I would imagine that as technical director you'd be well served to see what's going on on "the shop floor". It's very easy to suggest that he's involved in coaching, but it's literally a snapshot. Is there evidence of him coaching in this session or just watching?

If a few more directors got off their backsides and worked the front line now and again their business would probably benefit.

Not everything is black and white...except the East Midlands obviously! 

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He’s a relic of a bygone age who is painfully uncool, working looking after the mindless elderly and infirm, and constantly coming to realise no one wants to hear his dreams and memories.

36954C83-8F16-46E8-A2AD-1CA71C86CCE0.jpeg

Ah, dear old Les. 

Wearing the tracksuit that goes with our pink kit. 

If Steve M wants to see what life is like with the players in a relegation battle then it makes perfect sense to get in amongst them. 

Just good management really. 

15 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Where have I said anything to suggest that isn’t the case? I’m more than happy for him to be part of Rooney’s coaching staff - that’s what he’s proven himself to be good at. Frankly I’d prefer to see him there rather than in an untried technical director role. But the point is he shouldn’t be doing both. As things stand his role is at board level, so he shouldn’t be coaching on top of that.

Asking him for a bit of advice every now and then is fine, but if he’s actively coaching out on the training pitch then that’s a different thing entirely, and not something I’m entirely comfortable with. Seems to undermine the structure that I feel should be in place at the club. If Rooney wants him coaching, then make him a coach, and give someone else the technical director role. That’s what I’d like to see, anyway.

Why?

How do you know that he can't be doing both of even that he is?

If he is,they I'd be grateful for his input on both roles.

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

He’s a relic of a bygone age who is painfully uncool, working looking after the mindless elderly and infirm, and constantly coming to realise no one wants to hear his dreams and memories.

36954C83-8F16-46E8-A2AD-1CA71C86CCE0.jpeg

Crème Bruleé. Always felt sorry for him ?

36 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why?

How do you know that he can't be doing both of even that he is?

If he is,they I'd be grateful for his input on both roles.

I don’t like the sort of blurred lines that it would entail. Keep the board and the coaching staff very much seperate imo. Unless McClaren isn’t actually doing the job he was brought in to do, which would appear strange, then he seems to have two different roles. He might well be capable of doing them both, but I’d rather him do one or the other. And out of the two, I’d rather him be coaching.

Archived