Stevie Mac back on the coaching scene

Derbados

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Noticed in the latest Rams Tv video Steve Mcclaren in the background of the video with his coaching gear on.

Wasn’t aware he as involved in day to day training? good thing if he is! one of the best coaches in the country.

E8CEC2F5-7297-417C-BDBE-48358FA49AD8.jpeg

Hey Wazza, guys, Knighty-Whitey, fellas, what we doing now...shall we all go for a mug of tea together... Haha, seriously, c'mom feIlas I know you're kidding, call you later Birdster.. 

Good to see smiling faces. Now, I know there will be those who’ll come on and mention given our precarious position they shouldn’t be having a laugh but I disagree, a bit of light relief can be a good thing, particularly when integrating new members to the squad. 

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

Good to see smiling faces. Now, I know there will be those who’ll come on and mention given our precarious position they shouldn’t be having a laugh but I disagree, a bit of light relief can be a good thing. 

Someone better explain the punchline to Clarkey then! ?

Still doesn’t quite sit right with me that you appoint someone as technical director, effectively an advisor to the board, and then have him out there coaching. Feels like a conflict of interest to me. McClaren should be working separately from Rooney in his current role - in fact, he should almost be above him, helping to judge his performance. Doesn’t feel like he’d give a particularly unbias appraisal if he’s that close to him.

Don’t get me wrong, I think McClaren is an excellent coach, and I’d be delighted to have him on Rooney’s staff. But if you want to do that, make him a coach, and remove his role with the board. Simple as that really.

Who knows the details or context of Schteve being down there. Could be anything from not much needing his attention upstairs so just "joining in" to show the squad that "we're all a happy club family and on the same side" to "Mel has ordered me to assess the coaching" to "Rooney wanted me to do a couple of drills to mix things up" to "he he he he he I'm going to get back to being Derby manager...i just have to subtaly undermine Wazza by sneeking onto the coaching".

37 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Still doesn’t quite sit right with me that you appoint someone as technical director, effectively an advisor to the board, and then have him out there coaching. Feels like a conflict of interest to me. McClaren should be working separately from Rooney in his current role - in fact, he should almost be above him, helping to judge his performance. Doesn’t feel like he’d give a particularly unbias appraisal if he’s that close to him.

Don’t get me wrong, I think McClaren is an excellent coach, and I’d be delighted to have him on Rooney’s staff. But if you want to do that, make him a coach, and remove his role with the board. Simple as that really.

Piffle. Rooney would be a fool to not tap into McClarens know how. 

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Yeah, and what's he like talking to that Ferguson bloke on the phone an' all?! He made clear that he was in charge - so if Mac is coaching it's because Rooney wanted it.

7 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Where have I said anything to suggest that isn’t the case? I’m more than happy for him to be part of Rooney’s coaching staff - that’s what he’s proven himself to be good at. Frankly I’d prefer to see him there rather than in an untried technical director role. But the point is he shouldn’t be doing both. As things stand his role is at board level, so he shouldn’t be coaching on top of that.

Asking him for a bit of advice every now and then is fine, but if he’s actively coaching out on the training pitch then that’s a different thing entirely, and not something I’m entirely comfortable with. Seems to undermine the structure that I feel should be in place at the club. If Rooney wants him coaching, then make him a coach, and give someone else the technical director role. That’s what I’d like to see, anyway.

Archived