Stevie Mac back on the coaching scene

Derbados

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

If Wayne doesnt want him there from what we have seen so far I am sure he wouldnt be shy about saying so. If we beat Boro people will be saying its because of SM's coaching. If we lose it will be because SM crossed the line. We do like to create a drama

When you say "we" I am sure the vast majority aren't in that category but "we" know what you mean! ?

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

If Wayne doesnt want him there from what we have seen so far I am sure he wouldnt be shy about saying so. If we beat Boro people will be saying its because of SM's coaching. If we lose it will be because SM crossed the line. We do like to create a drama

I'm agreeing about the first part. If we win, credit to SM. If we don't I'll blame Rooney and some players.

That's not drama, that's just unfair stupidity and a very biased preference. ?

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Which is fair enough I suppose, but based on what criteria? Data? Evidence? 

I just don’t feel that things like this are likely to work out. Feel free to come back to me and call me an idiot if everything is going swimmingly in a year or so’s time, but I’m fairly confident at least one of Rooney or McClaren will no longer be here by that point.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I just don’t feel that things like this are likely to work out. Feel free to come back to me and call me an idiot if everything is going swimmingly in a year or so’s time, but I’m fairly confident at least one of Rooney or McClaren will no longer be here by that point.

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, just that there’s no more basis for pessimism as there is for optimism. There’s no logical reason it couldn’t thrive as long as there are clear boundaries regarding who does what and who has final say on what. 

My gut feelings are that a) it’d definitely be a struggle if the two were strangers to each other, but SMc was WR’s international manager and would’ve coached him. And b) SMc is the kind of bloke who, based on his ambition to hold a directorial role, would say “ey Wazza, I’m here to help you, don’t let me tread on your toes, but don’t be scared to ask!”. I feel that in the photo the OP posted, SMc is just watching. He’s better served doing that than sitting at a desk in an office somewhere. 
Dont get hung up on his current job title too much either. Technical Advisor to me means exactly that. Advising on the way things should be done technically. That involves potentially recommending fitness regimes, training regimes, tactical practice, formation, recruitment planning. I think Petr Cech has same title. 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, just that there’s no more basis for pessimism as there is for optimism. There’s no logical reason it couldn’t thrive as long as there are clear boundaries regarding who does what and who has final say on what. 

My gut feelings are that a) it’d definitely be a struggle if the two were strangers to each other, but SMc was WR’s international manager and would’ve coached him. And b) SMc is the kind of bloke who, based on his ambition to hold a directorial role, would say “ey Wazza, I’m here to help you, don’t let me tread on your toes, but don’t be scared to ask!”. I feel that in the photo the OP posted, SMc is just watching. He’s better served doing that than sitting at a desk in an office somewhere. 
Dont get hung up on his current job title too much either. Technical Advisor to me means exactly that. Advising on the way things should be done technically. That involves potentially recommending fitness regimes, training regimes, tactical practice, formation, recruitment planning. I think Petr Cech has same title. 

Never said there wasn’t an argument to suggest it’s a good thing, that’s just not my opinion. For what it’s worth, I can see where you’re coming from, and I certainly have nothing against McClaren. I’m just not a fan of advisory roles like this full stop really.

5 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I don't know what all the fuss is about, it was a cold morning he had he's coat on,

He got caught short and was just waiting for clear short cut run across the pitch to the loo. 

End off.

Absolute piffle!
It was nowhere near cold enough for a coat!  Maybe a fleece pullover at most! 
Whatever next, an bloody umbrella for a spit of rain?

#weatherwuss

Archived