Beni Baningime

JayRam1

I think Rooney has a template for of the type player he wants both as a character and personality wise.

This seems to count as much as ability, work rate and determination to succeed as part of a team.

These are part of 'his' makeup and are the disciplines and traits instilled into him by all the managers he work under and learn't from when he was a player himself.

17 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I think Rooney has a template for of the type player he wants both as a character and personality wise.

This seems to count as much as ability, work rate and determination to succeed as part of a team.

These are part of 'his' makeup and are the disciplines and traits instilled into him by all the managers he work under and learn't from when he was a player himself.

Absolutely. Wazza thinks our team/squad is "too nice" and wants us to be "uglier" to the opposition. Wazza understands the psychology of football better than most having learned under Fergy who, lets face it, could out-psyche the likes of Keegan, Benitez, Wenger and to a degree Mourhino quicker than he could point to his wristwatch and stare menacingly at the referee. 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely. Wazza thinks our team/squad is "too nice" and wants us to be "uglier" to the opposition. Wazza understands the psychology of football better than most having learned under Fergy who, lets face it, could out-psyche the likes of Keegan, Benitez, Wenger and to a degree Mourhino quicker than he could point to his wristwatch and stare menacingly at the referee. 

I think most would agree with that to be honest, not just Wayne himself. The Rowett season aside, we've generally tried to place "nice" football which is pleasing to the eye for pretty much the last 8 years(whether that's actually happened or not is another matter).

It's good to see us take an aggressive, energetic approach with players like CKR more than happy to bully the poo out of anybody he comes up against. We've been on the wrong side of teams like that for too long, so it's good to see that's the way Rooney seemingly wants us to play instead.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think most would agree with that to be honest, not just Wayne himself. The Rowett season aside, we've generally tried to place "nice" football which is pleasing to the eye for pretty much the last 8 years(whether that's actually happened or not is another matter).

It's good to see us take an aggressive, energetic approach with players like CKR more than happy to bully the poo out of anybody he comes up against. We've been on the wrong side of teams like that for too long, so it's good to see that's the way Rooney seemingly wants us to play instead.

Speed and power plus determination to win games is the way forward. The more skill that the players have the better but no good if we fold under pressure. Aggressive teams come into the field to WIN games.