Incommmming!

Day

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Sorry maybe I misunderstood, you said it has nothing to do with Lack of funds and MM turned off his DD expecting the takeover ? I presumed you had some inside knowledge ?

Is MM therefore continuing to fund the club or is it now being done via loans secured again the club ? 

Had there been no looming takeover, there would’ve been no delay in paying wages etc. It’s a standard business practice that a certain point in time, the liability switches from outgoing steward to incoming. Mel, acting in good faith and expectation that he would no longer be owner of DCFC, would’ve understandably not been expected to pump funds into the club beyond a given date of transaction. 

23 minutes ago, Archied said:

Now come on kash ,there’s very little to smile about these ,, three wins on the bounce for the the rams and me being wrong about appointing Rooney must allow me a bit of humour on Martin ??‍♂️?

Just an ongoing theme mate,be good for us all to move on and have less little snipes which are annoying to some,including me.Its needlessly  divisive when we are all getting behind Rooney and the squad whether you were a Martin fan or not!

For me,CKR is my favourite player in the squad but when he moves on,I doubt I'll be taking the piss out out him or his time here,I'll respect his efforts.

9 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Sorry maybe I misunderstood, you said it has nothing to do with Lack of funds and MM turned off his DD expecting the takeover ? I presumed you had some inside knowledge ?

Is MM therefore continuing to fund the club or is it now being done via loans secured again the club ? 

Rich people use other peoples money .. Mel has assets . He will have secured loans for the club against those assets. The fundamental being that he earns more from those assets than he has to pay for the loan. The club only has its name and brand -  so the security will be coming from Mel / Mel’s other interests . Mel is funding the club at his risk .. no financial institution is going to lend money to the business model that is championship football without personal or tangible guarantees. 

whatever anyone says .. Mel is both a fan and flipping generous 

15 minutes ago, Topram said:

Need a post of a guessing game for who will be first in, no one linked properly but a couple lined up get your guesses in

My 4 guesses, Phil Jones loan, Niasse Ravel Morrison and a short term contract for return of Joe Ledley on frees. 

1 hour ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

I wonder who’s paying for these new signings?

If I was Mel I would hang on to the Rams. Wayne is going to make it very clear that we are going to be promoted. Do you want to play for the hardest working team in the league or to go.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I cannot understand why people are struggling to understand this, things weren’t paid because Mel, expecting the takeover, turned off his direct debits and standing orders, NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH AFFORDING anything! 

I heard he received a nice letter from his nephew and thought I just have to keep going for young Mostyn.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I know, I know.

It's more that Rooney does seem to be happy to be ruthless and I suspect he'd rather not to a deal if he didn't think the player's attitude was right.

Not much wrong with that approach.  Be interesting whether it works with galaticos in the future.  Not many managers have the balls to confront a £50m player and tell him work harder.  I bet WR would though

Archived