Incommmming!

Day

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I cannot understand why people are struggling to understand this, things weren’t paid because Mel, expecting the takeover, turned off his direct debits and standing orders, NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH AFFORDING anything! 

So he just turned them back on again ? No loans or anything needed, that's good ?

This is just my opinion, but I think that the condition of the pitch isn't because of lack of finance. It might have something to so with it not being re-laid, but much of the trouble is simply due to the weather. 

We have had consistently bad, wet weather for the last few months, and although there haven't been the storms and deluges we normally get around  now, the rainfall has been pretty incessant. So the ground is absolutely saturated, it has no more capacity t take more water in, so it just runs off, or simply stays put. I travel all over the country and know where to expect to see the flood plains, but there are a huge amount more fields under water than I have ever seen before, and I have been doing this job for 20 odd years. When Pride Park was built, it was at the same level as the entire surrounding area, so there is nowhere for the eater to go, regardless of how good a drainage system we have. So the water just sits there in the pitch which has no chance to dry and breathe. At the time, it may not have been possible to foresee this situation, but maybe the stadium, especially the pitch, should have been built at a higher physical level than the rest of Pride Park so that the water still had somewhere to go. The only other option would be to install a huge underground  tank near the ground to act as a buffer to drain the water into, and then pump it out at a later date.

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

So he just turned them back on again ? No loans or anything needed, that's good ?

That, I couldnt tell you. It depends if these blagging chancers are telling Mel that theyre still buying the club, which you’d think means he would want to get them to pay for this stuff, which is justification of a loan against the club. However if the deal is dead, Mel might pay out of his own funds (assuming he has liquid assets). 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

That, I couldnt tell you. It depends if these blagging chancers are telling Mel that theyre still buying the club, which you’d think means he would want to get them to pay for this stuff, which is justification of a loan against the club. However if the deal is dead, Mel might pay out of his own funds (assuming he has liquid assets). 

Sorry maybe I misunderstood, you said it has nothing to do with Lack of funds and MM turned off his DD expecting the takeover ? I presumed you had some inside knowledge ?

Is MM therefore continuing to fund the club or is it now being done via loans secured again the club ? 

11 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

This is just my opinion, but I think that the condition of the pitch isn't because of lack of finance. It might have something to so with it not being re-laid, but much of the trouble is simply due to the weather. 

We have had consistently bad, wet weather for the last few months, and although there haven't been the storms and deluges we normally get around  now, the rainfall has been pretty incessant. So the ground is absolutely saturated, it has no more capacity t take more water in, so it just runs off, or simply stays put. I travel all over the country and know where to expect to see the flood plains, but there are a huge amount more fields under water than I have ever seen before, and I have been doing this job for 20 odd years. When Pride Park was built, it was at the same level as the entire surrounding area, so there is nowhere for the eater to go, regardless of how good a drainage system we have. So the water just sits there in the pitch which has no chance to dry and breathe. At the time, it may not have been possible to foresee this situation, but maybe the stadium, especially the pitch, should have been built at a higher physical level than the rest of Pride Park so that the water still had somewhere to go. The only other option would be to install a huge underground  tank near the ground to act as a buffer to drain the water into, and then pump it out at a later date.

Wrong thread?

35 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I cannot understand why people are struggling to understand this, things weren’t paid because Mel, expecting the takeover, turned off his direct debits and standing orders, NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH AFFORDING anything! 

Stop making sense, I’m used to reading the doom and gloom! 

But yeah, I think many misunderstand the difference between not paying for something as you no longer think you own it and being skint.

Also people thinking Mel has £500m sat in his Natwest current account ready to go! 

Archived