Incommmming!

Day

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

That he's really good at helping out with foodbanks maybe. 

I'd say that he's a very decent striker, who's history shows he starts off slow when moved up age groups, but eventually starts finding the net on a regular basis.

He's not had the chance to do that here, so I wish him the best if he moves on.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

Not sure why questioning WRs honesty makes me bitter?

Please explain why you think he's dishonest? Situations change, what was true yesterday doesn't mean it's true today - doesn't make it a lie. I sympathised with your comments 're Kaide Gordon and some of the stick he received but I'm sorry, you do seem somewhat bitter in your Rooney comments.

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'd say that he's a very decent striker, who's history shows he starts off slow when moved up age groups, but eventually starts finding the net on a regular basis.

He's not had the chance to do that here, so I wish him the best if he moves on.

He had quite a few minutes in the first team with us but didn't show enough so £700k is a good move for DCFC. 

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I would be disappointed with that. He’s going to be a great player. Probably not a winger though.

He’s an interesting one. I have my doubts, always looked hesitant and lacking fire, but there was a game a while back and he seemed to be one of those that slid past defenders rather than skipping and jinking. I thought .. yeah, just maybe There might be something there but perhaps we can’t afford the investment in developing it with things as they are ?. I know that where he is now isn’t enough, the squad is light,  so ... 

Our squad list of players used in the league so far this season*

Goalkeepers: Marshall, Roos, Foster, Idem
Right Backs: Byrne, McDonald
Centre Backs: Clarke, Wisdom
Left Backs: Buchanan, Forsyth
Centre Mids: Knight, Shinnie, Bird, Sibley, JBrown, Watson
Wingers: Jozwiak, Lawrence, Waghorn, Ibe, JML
Forwards: Kazim, Stretton, Trialist

Rooney's 4 players have to be CB, CM, W, and CF.

CB is an absolute must. We need a backup In that position, but it also means we have the flexibility to play 5 at the back, which may be needed if we struggle with getting a CM.

*assuming Bielik and Davies are out for the season, and Whittaker and Evans leave on perms.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Please explain why you think he's dishonest? Situations change, what was true yesterday doesn't mean it's true today - doesn't make it a lie. I sympathised with your comments 're Kaide Gordon and some of the stick he received but I'm sorry, you do seem somewhat bitter in your Rooney comments.

He/she has had a gripe with the club ever since they signed up to the forum. This time next week they'll be posting on www.lfcfans.co.uk/kaide-is-amazing-and-his-mums-rich

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

He had quite a few minutes in the first team with us but didn't show enough so £700k is a good move for DCFC. 

Not many as a centre forward though.

We may regret it, we probably won't, and I agree £700k based on his first team appearances seems fair.

I'd probably sell at that as manager, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him bang in a load of goals down the line.

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Not many as a centre forward though.

We may regret it, we probably won't, and I agree £700k based on his first team appearances seems fair.

I'd probably sell at that as manager, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him bang in a load of goals down the line.

We need to get out of the situation we are in at the moment to allow us to give these players more minutes. Being in relegation will never let us see their potential. 

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

We need to get out of the situation we are in at the moment to allow us to give these players more minutes. Being in relegation will never let us see their potential. 

That's a fair comment, safely ensconced mid table towards the end of the season would be the ideal time to introduce players. 

He had a slight chance last season, and didn't really grasp it, I suppose.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Rooney's 4 players have to be CB, CM, W, and CF.

I think I'd prefer CB, DM, CM & CF following Bielik's injury and Evans likely sale, given we'll only have Bird, Knight, Shinnie & Sibley as midfielders who have league starts behind them.

We can manage with Joswiak, Waghorn, Lawrence, (Sibley), (Knight), Ibe, Shonibare & JML as wide options

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I think I'd prefer CB, DM, CM & CF following Bielik's injury and Evans likely sale, given we'll only have Bird, Knight, Shinnie & Sibley as midfielders who have league starts behind them.

We can manage with Joswiak, Waghorn, Lawrence, (Sibley), (Knight), Ibe, Shonibare & JML as wide options

Depends where we intend to primarily play Sibley in my opinion.

5 CMs (Bird, Shinnie, Knight, Sibley and another) is enough to cover the 3 central positions (JBrown and Watson as emergency cover), whereas it leaves just Lawrence, Jozwiak and Waghorn on the wings (JML and Shonibare as emergency cover). I would treat Ibe being available as a bonus at this stage.

However, if we want Sibley on the wing, we have 4 decent options there, but very light in midfield

Archived