Incommmming!

Day

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Footymum2017 said:

Season ticket holder. Thought people were allowed opinions, otherwise what is the point of the forum.

That's your first mistake. If your opinion fits in with the mainstream status quo populist view then absolutely, if not then you'll find out about it pretty quickly.

Subjects to avoid are:-

1. Posting anything which could be remotely construed as being a slight criticism against the current owner.

2. Posting anything which could be remotely construed as being negative, glass half full or non rose tinted glasses as this upsets the happy clappers who by the same token do not have the personal empathy to see that conversely their posts may have the same effect on the opposite demographic.

This list is non exhaustive by the way.

Carry on doing what you are doing, and don't like them grind you down. 

7 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's your first mistake. If your opinion fits in with the mainstream status quo populist view then absolutely, if not then you'll find out about it pretty quickly.

1. Posting anything which could be remotely construed as being a slight criticism against the current owner.

2. Posting anything which could be remotely construed as being negative, glass half full or non rose tinted glasses as this upsets the happy clappers who by the same token do not have the personal empathy to see that conversely their posts may have the same effect on the opposite demographic.

For goodness sake Tyler! 

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

For goodness sake Tyler! 

What it's fair comment and has to be said. 

The amount of abuse in parentheses which has been slung my way especially over my perceived negativeness has been totally unwarranted and unjustified.

And anyone having the temerity to question Morris being anything less than a saint also receives similar treatment. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The amount of abuse in parentheses which has been slung my way especially over my perceived negativeness has been totally unwarranted and unjustified.

And anyone having the temerity to question Morris being anything less than a saint also receives similar treatment. 

Its not how I see it. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I started a whole thread criticising MM for the current lack of openness at the club, I didn't receive any abuse.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Its not how I see it. 

It's beyond personal perception now. Am weary of opinions which don't fit in with the status quo being quickly closed down (not by the mods for avoidance of doubt but by other posters)

The amount of stick I used to get about my opinions on Cocu before a lot of other posters woke up and smelt the coffee and realised that he was taking us down but conveniently forgot about the arguments before this Eureka moment in their minds for example. 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Tbh that’s what the site does.  There are lots of us who whilst recognising his financial commitment hold him to blame for our current situation.  A lot disagree and they are entitled to their opinions even if they are wrong?.

Other extreme views you will read, Cocu would have got us out of this, Billy D was hard done to, Rooney is a liar.  That was just in the last 24 hours.

Keep posting, develop a thicker skin and enjoy exploring the views of people even if they are diametrically opposed to the ones you hold dearly 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I started a whole thread criticising MM for the current lack of openness at the club, I didn't receive any abuse.

I deliberately put the word in parentheses to avoid being classified as actual abuse. As couldn't think of another appropriate descriptor at the time of posting. 

The thing is, in this internet era, concepts such as "freedom of speech" and "entitlement to opinion" have become this crutch upon which people rely to support their ability to say, basically, anything they like, however absurd. Without fear of reproach or ridicule. It is okay to say that some 'opinions' are just bollards and should be dismissed. If I claim that Boris Johnson has done an incredible job in managing the pandemic, the best in the world - I would rightly be mocked. If I claim that he had done a reasonable job under the circumstances, I'd still be completely wrong but we could have a discussion right?

In this instance, implying that Rooney is dishonest falls in to the former category - (Almost) literally everyone has talked about how open and honest Rooney has been, his interviews being a breath of fresh air. If you're saying the opposite of virtually everyone else, you're usually wrong.

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's beyond personal perception now. Am weary of opinions which don't fit in with the status quo being quickly closed down (not by the mods for avoidance of doubt but by other posters)

The amount of stick I used to get about my opinions on Cocu before a lot of other posters woke up and smelt the coffee and realised that he was taking us down but conveniently forgot about the arguments before this Eureka moment in their minds for example. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I deliberately put the word in parentheses to avoid being classified as actual abuse. As couldn't think of another appropriate descriptor at the time of posting. 

These posts! ???

2 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

In this instance, implying that Rooney is dishonest falls in to the former category - (Almost) literally everyone has talked about how open and honest Rooney has been, his interviews being a breath of fresh air. If you're saying the opposite of virtually everyone else, you're usually wrong.

I was never debating Rooney's honesty it was always about if your opinion flies in the face of populist opinion on here then by default are you therefore wrong? Am not talking about the earth being flat yada yada was talking about your opinion.

Okay here's where I state what should be bleeding obvious:

If you post something that goes against the views of the MAJORITY then you can expect there to be LOTS of posters whose views do not match yours. How could it be anything other?!!!

If you think a post questioning Rooney's honesty wasn't going to be questioned then again you're not being bright.

This forum isn’t perfect, no Rams site I have contributed to is but for me this is the best run and does not have the cliques that many others do. Carry on offering your views and enjoy contributing recognising that some will disagree with you....

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

If you think a post questioning Rooney's honesty wasn't going to be questioned then again you're not being bright.

I've already said I was never questioning Rooney's honesty my posts were never about that - in your defence my post must have crossed with this one.

So let's not deflect from the import of my message. 

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I was never debating Rooney's honesty it was always about if your opinion flies in the face of populist opinion on here then by default are you therefore wrong? Am not talking about the earth being flat yada yada was talking about your opinion.

The genesis of the post you quoted was a question of Rooney's honesty, hence why people are mentioning that.

So let's not deflect from the import of my message. 

You quoted my message but forgot the bit where I answered your cry of 'they're all against me'!

Again, if you post something/anything that the majority of other posters disagree with then be prepared for lots of people to disagree with you!!!

Isn't that obvious to you? Lots of people quite often disagree with what you post - therefore there is often comeback! #simples

Archived