Ravel Morrison

Arsene Titman

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Oh good lord no. How many chances has this lad had? We need players that can come in and contribute, not a player that has left a trail of clubs in his wake without actually producing anything of note on a football pitch since he was a teenager. 

This smacks of a panic signing from a poorly run club with very limited options.

Well that is what we are

41 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Isn't the definition of insanity to do the same things over and over again yet still think the outcome will be different each time?

No this will be an ongoing case of us throwing enough poo at the wall in the hope that some of it will stick. 

Talented footballer but more experienced managers than Rooney have been unable to coax that out of him. Perhaps his assumed respect for Rooney as a player may help but who knows.

When you read reports of those who have worked with him it is that he is a pleasant lad who has largely never been taught right or wrong.

We aren’t in a position to sign what are, in theory, sure things anymore. One you might rather avoid but with considerable upside if Rooney can get through to him, though I appreciate people have said that about him for the best part of a decade.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Talented footballer but more experienced managers than Rooney have been unable to coax that out of him. Perhaps his assumed respect for Rooney as a player may help but who knows.

When you read reports of those who have worked with him it is that he is a pleasant lad who has largely never been taught right or wrong.

We aren’t in a position to sign what are, in theory, sure things anymore. One you might rather avoid but with considerable upside if Rooney can get through to him, though I appreciate people have said that about him for the best part of a decade.

Didn’t everyone say the same about Ibe 

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Exactly my thoughts. This just feels like the most natural next step with the way this season has been going.

I mean, why not sign a seasoned-professional closing in on his 30s, potentially joining his 12th club, where he has no more than 30 appearances for any of his previous clubs (the majority not even making it to double figures) to play in a position already occupied (at least when he gets the chance to start) by arguably the best prospect at the club? 

Rooney will succeed where Alex Ferguson, Sam Allardyce, Harry Redknapp and Stefano Pioli failed. 

Yes you can bring up his attitude. Or you can look at the vast number of people who have played with him and say that he is the greatest youngster they ever saw. Some big names were totally convinced he could have been the best player in the world.

If anyone will get him going, it’s Wayne Rooney. It’s a gamble but we aren’t in a position where we have much choice. All hands on deck and we can use all the help we can get. 

Let’s hope these new links to Morrison and Murphy mean the takeover is drawing nearer.

22 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m not saying we should sign Morrison, but it is interesting that this is exactly what most people were thinking about the signing of big Colin.

Of course it's entirely possible that we've massively overrated CKR's overall ability & given him cult status based upon an 8 game purple patch and he struggles to make any further impact, sinking back into obscurity in the coming months.

It's incredible that this guy keeps landing contracts. He's managed just over 100 competitive games at the age of 27. When he played for Ostersund in the Swedish 2nd tier he looked no better than anyone else at that level. He must have a hell of an agent.

"If anyone can get him playing, Rooney can." Sorry, what? Is this where we are now with the cult of Wayne? Ravel Morrison has worked under Alex Ferguson and Stefano Pioli, but if anyone can get him playing it will be a guy who's current games managed can be counted on your fingers.

It's another rehabilitation project, like Ibe and Duncan.

IF (a big if as well) we can get him firing, he'd be very very good. He'd be the creative spark we're missing. One thing I would point out, I think he's mates with Wisdom's brother, along with being at United with Rooney and Rooney praising him as one of the best talents he's ever seen, I reckon there's a bit of a chance he could turn his career around.

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I mean, why not sign a seasoned-professional closing in on his 30s, potentially joining his 12th club, where he has no more than 30 appearances for any of his previous clubs (the majority not even making it to double figures) to play in a position already occupied (at least when he gets the chance to start) by arguably the best prospect at the club? 

Rooney will succeed where Alex Ferguson, Sam Allardyce, Harry Redknapp and Stefano Pioli failed. 

Sounds like an absolute omni-shambles of decision making. Can't wait!

Archived