Ravel Morrison

Arsene Titman

I hope we have learnt our lesson from the Ibe signing and there is nothing in this story.

I said the same about Ibe back in September. As much as Morrison is a talented player, these are gambles we can’t afford to take as we don’t have very much margin for error.

If you weigh up our recent luck in the transfer market, our financial situation, the career trajectories of the likes of Ibe and now Morrison, pinning our hopes on a player that needs nursing back to his former self is just asking for trouble.

The team needs a shot in the arm now and as we’ve seen with Ibe, months of patience and persistence might not be enough to extract what we are looking for from this kind of player.

I’d rather us sign no-one than throw time, money and energy into a signing that 90% of clubs at this level would avoid and for good reason.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m not saying we should sign Morrison, but it is interesting that this is exactly what most people were thinking about the signing of big Colin.

Big Col has hardly set the world alight though has he. I love his attitude and the mental strength he brings, but he's not exactly prolific. Ravel is an even more desperate gamble when we are stuck in the bottom 3.

Having said all that doesn't look like we have much choice and i'll take him if thats the only signing we can make this year...

Not going to bother reading the preceding 4 pages. Dodgy interest link no doubt leads to multiple comments as to player’s attitude and off the field antics.  I will wait for matters to unravel before I give my considered thoughts.

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Senior career*

YearsTeamApps(Gls)

2010–2012Manchester United0(0)

2012–2015West Ham United18(3)

2012–2013→ Birmingham City (loan)27(3)

2014→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)15(6)

2014→ Cardiff City (loan)7(0)

2015–2019Lazio4(0)

2017→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)5(0)

2017–2018→ Atlas (loan)18(3)

2019Östersund6(0)

2019–2020Sheffield United1(0)

2020→ Middlesbrough (loan)3(0)

2020–2021ADO Den Haag4(0)

Jeez, I didn't realise his record was that bad. He's only got a slightly higher number of professional appearances than I have!

3 hours ago, roosram said:

I don't know the answer.  It's a mystery.  Perhaps Morrison could unravel it!  

Come on, I’ve been waiting all day to be told Morrison’s have loads of bag of onions.

Have I Just wasted my time on this forum? 

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Come on, I’ve been waiting all day to be told Morrison’s have loads of bag of onions.

Have I Just wasted my time on this forum? 

some would argue that you have been wasting the past 10 on this forum or so years brother..... I wouldn't though...

Archived