Ravel Morrison

Arsene Titman

14 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Didn’t everyone say the same about Ibe 

Yes I imagine they did. Probably about Kazim Richards too who may well be our best player since he got into the team and has become a bit of a cult hero.

But we are crying out for creativity, don’t have a pot to piss in and the new work permit regs arising from the B word make it much more difficult to recruit from lesser European leagues (not that we would have anyway).

So it seems we are in a position that we have to take gambles like this. Some will work, some won’t work but that’s the nature of it. Ideally the ones that work will more than offset the ones that don’t. 

People can stomp their feet and wail about signings like this or they can see how it goes, safe in the knowledge that it isn’t their money that’s being wasted if it goes wrong. I’ve found the latter is far more relaxing.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m all for giving players a chance but you can’t even compare him to Kaz who at least played regularly on his extensive travels.

Last time this lad played regularly was in Sweden in 2018 and even then he was in and out the team.

Not sure what the point would be to this one!

Senior career*

YearsTeamApps(Gls)

2010–2012Manchester United0(0)

2012–2015West Ham United18(3)

2012–2013→ Birmingham City (loan)27(3)

2014→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)15(6)

2014→ Cardiff City (loan)7(0)

2015–2019Lazio4(0)

2017→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)5(0)

2017–2018→ Atlas (loan)18(3)

2019Östersund6(0)

2019–2020Sheffield United1(0)

2020→ Middlesbrough (loan)3(0)

2020–2021ADO Den Haag4(0)

Bit like CKR, he has played at a varying number of clubs, and will have bags of experience. 
At 27 years old he is technically “in his prime” and, if we could get him back to what he used to be like, then it would be an absolute steal.

Apparently one of the most skilfully gifted footballers and I for one, wouldn’t mind him coming off the bench, worse case scenario. 

I would take him and give him a chance if it’s on a free. Never know how it may work out, e.g CKR

11 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Senior career*

YearsTeamApps(Gls)

2010–2012Manchester United0(0)

2012–2015West Ham United18(3)

2012–2013→ Birmingham City (loan)27(3)

2014→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)15(6)

2014→ Cardiff City (loan)7(0)

2015–2019Lazio4(0)

2017→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)5(0)

2017–2018→ Atlas (loan)18(3)

2019Östersund6(0)

2019–2020Sheffield United1(0)

2020→ Middlesbrough (loan)3(0)

2020–2021ADO Den Haag4(0)

Wow! Sorry, even we're not that desperate (I hope)!

To be fair, Ravel Morrison does clearly have a lot of natural talent. If he had his mind in the right place, he’d have quality way above this division. The issue comes with getting him to actually focus on his football, we don’t really want another Jordon Ibe situation. But, then again, I guess in our position beggars can’t be choosers. I’d be tempted to give him a go and see what he can do, ideally on a trial basis initially. Would have to be a “bonus” signing though, because number 10 isn’t a priority position for us to recruit in.

Pretty sure this is a lazy link with the Rooney connection though, we won’t be signing anyone this window.

Cheap and free prob worth a shot not going to judge until he puts a rams shirt on if Stevie and wazza see something it’s not like any of our lot are doing much creativity up front... need a number 10 if sibleys off too Leeds and Lawrence doesn’t turn up enough when he plays..

39 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Bit like CKR, he has played at a varying number of clubs, and will have bags of experience. 
At 27 years old he is technically “in his prime” and, if we could get him back to what he used to be like, then it would be an absolute steal.

Apparently one of the most skilfully gifted footballers and I for one, wouldn’t mind him coming off the bench, worse case scenario. 

I would take him and give him a chance if it’s on a free. Never know how it may work out, e.g CKR

He has barely played the game considering his age. He has 5 years on Kamil Jozwiak and the latter is more experienced

Archived