Ravel Morrison

Arsene Titman

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Not going to bother reading the preceding 4 pages. Dodgy interest link no doubt leads to multiple comments as to player’s attitude and off the field antics.  I will wait for matters to unravel before I give my considered thoughts.

Not going to get your predicted starting XI with him in then? You could bang in Carson as well if we consider that story to have 'legs'.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

It's what we do. 

Welcome to Spunk Park, Ravel. 

3 hours ago, TomSaint said:

We’ve already got a troubled player in ibe. With us having 0 money I don’t think spunking all our cash on morrisons salary would be wise.

If we have 0 money then it would be very easy to spunk it all one go

5 hours ago, Tombo said:

Is it our transfer policy to just sign lazy wasters these days? Marriott and Holmes was one thing, then Te Weirik and Ibe. Now Morrison?

I hear that Nile Ranger kid is still kicking about, let's get him in

Lazy Wasters? ? 

Do you even know football?

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Just look at our bench tonight. Morrison would offer us more from the bench than - 

JML

Whittaker

Gordon

Thought the same, that he May be worth it to pad out the bench until the summer. We need some experience in the bench to change games if needed 

Bit of a crap source but what we do know is that Wazza and Ravel get on well and have always kept in touch, right up to this day. We also know that Fergy reckoned Morrison was the most talented young player he'd seen since Giggs.

Makes for a nice story I guess and personally I'd take him on a pay-as-you-play deal but I think given our circumstances, anything else would be a massive gamble.

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

We also know that Fergy reckoned Morrison was the most talented young player he'd seen since Giggs.

He also though Phil Jones could become the best player ever at ManUre. Even the greatest don't get it right all the time.

Personally, I think this one's a huge own goal opportunity for Rooney - hard to see how he could win. Morrison comes in and plays well, it's nothing more than to be expected from such a natural talent. Comes in and does another blow up, well it's Rooney's fault for being too close to see it.

And I also think it's claptrap reporting but there you go ?

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

He also though Phil Jones could become the best player ever at ManUre. Even the greatest don't get it right all the time.

Personally, I think this one's a huge own goal opportunity for Rooney - hard to see how he could win. Morrison comes in and plays well, it's nothing more than to be expected from such a natural talent. Comes in and does another blow up, well it's Rooney's fault for being too close to see it.

He signs a player who does well, a win for everyone....

9 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Think Fergy got a lot more right than he got wrong to be fair. He also saw a deal more of the lad than any of us. And lets be fair here, Jones may have struggled at what is an elite club, but he'd be an absolute standout in this division.

As for Wazza, if he brought him in and the lad did well, everyone would think it was a masterstroke. Nobody else has managed that feat so not why you think everyone would expect him to do well. Only got to read this thread to know that's not the case.

At least we agree that it's most likely 'lazy-linking' but it interests me all the same. That said, I'm a dyed in the wool happy clapper so always looking for an upside ?

26 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Bit of a crap source but what we do know is that Wazza and Ravel get on well and have always kept in touch, right up to this day. We also know that Fergy reckoned Morrison was the most talented young player he'd seen since Giggs.

Makes for a nice story I guess and personally I'd take him on a pay-as-you-play deal but I think given our circumstances, anything else would be a massive gamble.

Wouldn’t be a gamble at all, we’re not paying players. ?

I saw a Youtube video the other day of Gary Neville referring to what sounded like a critical newspaper article, written by Rooney, on Morrison's attitude problems. Neville defended Morrison against Rooney's comments a bit.

Didn't sound like Rooney and Morrison would be best mates, but might be hasty to come to that conclusion off the back of one video.

Here it is:

If it's a short-term contract with low wages there's really no downside, our squad is paper thin and he does have talent.

If we could afford CKR then you'd think maybe we could afford Morrison and Niasse on short-term deals... hopefully both are willing to take pay cuts to stay in England and play under Rooney

Archived