Keogh

Sean

Just now, Ramslad1992 said:

Controversial opinion… wouldn’t have either of them now. 

Both were quality years ago though.

*puts tin hat on for the people who think Martin should have played for us until he was 70*

Totally agree with you. Made the meme for those that are still emotionally attached, probably best I get that out there.

Would rather play Shaun Barker on Saturday over Keogh, and I couldn't go through the Chris Martin the Messiah days again.

1 hour ago, David said:

I would imagine every football club has players that have influence in the dressing room, footballers will know it's easier to replace the manager than it is the whole squad, especially the key players that are sat on huge contracts and know the team is built around them.

Look at Chelsea when Terry was there with Lampard.

You will have those key players which if the manager loses their trust, confidence, whatever it is, the manager has no chance. How that get's back to the owner be it through direct communication or performances on the pitch will differ at each club, but they will know when it's time to change.

True, I just thought it was one of a few interesting question coming out of the book. To be honest I was somewhat surprised how little Keogh and Martin feature aside a paragraph here and there considering how much they’ve been a part of our recent history, both good and bad.

Then again if anybody wanted to delve into the history of Keogh or Martin’s time at Derby there’s approx 3472 pages dedicated to those two alone!

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

True, I just thought it was one of a few interesting question coming out of the book. To be honest I was somewhat surprised how little Keogh and Martin feature aside a paragraph here and there considering how much they’ve been a part of our recent history, both good and bad.

Then again if anybody wanted to delve into the history of Keogh or Martin’s time at Derby there’s approx 3472 pages dedicated to those two alone!

I believe he's writing a second book now, I won't be buying if it's featured @HuddersRam ?

I did absolutely love Keogh when he was here and felt he always put everything into the club for me.  Some fans always had a go at him and treated him unfairly despite him being probably the best cb for Derby since I've watched us in terms of distribution and consistency. He made a pretty serious mistake without any real mitigating circumstances (unlike Lawrence who lost a parent early on in life, I lost my dad early on and you do make some daft decisions after such an event) and instead of taking his punishment decided to go after the club.

Maybe he felt he was unfairly treated but its unfortunately left a stain on his record here that won't be forgotten by many. I really hope him and CM in 10 years will be remembered as very good servants to the club who had unfortunate endings to their tenures that came very close to a very successful period in our club's history. 

6 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I did absolutely love Keogh when he was here and felt he always put everything into the club for me.  Some fans always had a go at him and treated him unfairly despite him being probably the best cb for Derby since I've watched us in terms of distribution and consistency. He made a pretty serious mistake without any real mitigating circumstances (unlike Lawrence who lost a parent early on in life, I lost my dad early on and you do make some daft decisions after such an event) and instead of taking his punishment decided to go after the club.

Maybe he felt he was unfairly treated but its unfortunately left a stain on his record here that won't be forgotten by many. I really hope him and CM in 10 years will be remembered as very good servants to the club who had unfortunate endings to their tenures that came very close to a very successful period in our club's history. 

I suspect one will get a generous round of applause when running out at PPS, and the other will be a 50/50 mix of polite applause and whatever the opposite of applause is! ?

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

*puts tin hat on for the people who think Martin should have played for us until he was 70*

Never mind a tin hat I think you need a strong dose of medication if you wouldn’t currently add any striker, never mind Chris Martin to our thread bare striking department.

12 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Our 36 year old CB has as many goals this season as Martin does - Who the hell needs him?

*using humour to hide the pain*

• 5 months later...
23 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Little better than Gibson or Couhig. Took advantage of a situation and used a sob story to extort millions of unearned dosh out of a club on its knees. 

Plus I'd rather his 'influence' isn't still around the Club. We've seen the difference in captain's with Curtis.

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Am I the only one who thought he was treated badly at the end by DCFC?

I was far more angry with Lawrence and Bennett who got behind the wheel.

I thought we were more than fair. Offered a revised contract to cut his wages since he'd be unable to play entirely due to his own idiocy and offered to pay for all of his rehabilitation, but no he decided we should still pay him millions of pounds to do nothing for a year and half because he crocked himself.

I know the tribunal found in his favour, but frankly i thought it was an appalling decision.

24 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I thought we were more than fair. Offered a revised contract to cut his wages since he'd be unable to play entirely due to his own idiocy and offered to pay for all of his rehabilitation, but no he decided we should still pay him millions of pounds to do nothing for a year and half because he crocked himself.

I know the tribunal found in his favour, but frankly i thought it was an appalling decision.

I thought it was the only decision the tribunal could reach.

Had Bennett and Lawrence been sacked, then Mel would've had an argument.