21/22 Season Tickets

Keepyuppy

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

People aren’t being punished for it, it’s allowing people a choice because we are living in a different world now.

For me if I had a known choice to be in a restaurant or a pub that only allows the fully vaccinated in or choose one that doesn’t care then I will make my decision - I will enter the one that has fully vaccinated people in it and so would my wife without question.

it’s just like Pride park going cashless - I don’t like it but it’s reality now. 

Its a new world we are living in - although there is a lot to settle down yet and I agree with accommodation for youngsters and people who are medically unsuitable for vaccines.

Sparkle, I am with you on this one and I am happy in general to avoid the places frequented by a lot of people who choose to be less careful. That's their choice, just as mine is to be cautious.

My problem is that with football we all get put in together. If they decided for example that only vaccinated people can go in West Stand, whereas rest of ground is free choice, I'd breathe a sigh of relief and get on with it.

However, I am sure that would cause problems for some West Standers who absolutely wouldn't go anywhere else in the ground but who don't want the vaccine. So my choice impacts on their choice  - and vice versa! 

There's no easy solution, as far as I can see.

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

Sparkle, I am with you on this one and I am happy in general to avoid the places frequented by a lot of people who choose to be less careful. That's their choice, just as mine is to be cautious.

My problem is that with football we all get put in together. If they decided for example that only vaccinated people can go in West Stand, whereas rest of ground is free choice, I'd breathe a sigh of relief and get on with it.

However, I am sure that would cause problems for some West Standers who absolutely wouldn't go anywhere else in the ground but who don't want the vaccine. So my choice impacts on their choice  - and vice versa! 

There's no entirely perfect solution,no, but I would personally say that if you are medically exempt then would you really want to be at the ground with that many people..I'd presume most wouldn't bother to prevent getting very ill which solves most of that issue you would think.

And those who don't want it and have no vaccinations should be denied access end of,to protect themselves and the rest of us.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

There's not but I would personally say that if you are medically excempt then would you really want to be at the ground with that many people..I'd presume most wouldn't bother to prevent getting very ill.

And those who don't want it and have no vaccinations should be denied access end of,to protect themselves and the rest of us.

Try suggesting that in the corona virus thread. Then run for cover! 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Because I worked in the NHS for over thirty years and I like to reduce the odds on drowning on my own lungs 

How does this theory add up? You can allegedly catch it in either place. The injection is supposedly to lesson severity. Zero to do with transmission. 

6 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

How does this theory add up? You can allegedly catch it in either place. The injection is supposedly to lesson severity. Zero to do with transmission. 

There seems to be increasing evidence and medical opinion that vaccinated people are less likely to pass the virus on. The BMJ I understand, suggests the risk is reduced by 50%.

If this indeed true and widely accepted by the medical and scientific professionals then that would be a very compelling case for vaccination passports.

If we're using the same season ticket cards as 19/20, then does it actually matter when these tickets go on sale? If you're not one of the 8k who renewed for last season amd therefore getting this years 'free', surely if you want one for this upcoming season you will buy it whether it was released last week, tomorrow or next Thursday? So the day they get released isnt too much of an issue.

Maybe they will release them next week if they see covid cases are on the decline, they may want to wait & see what the deal is with the vaccine passport situation too.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

If we're using the same season ticket cards as 19/20, then does it actually matter when these tickets go on sale? If you're not one of the 8k who renewed for last season amd therefore getting this years 'free', surely if you want one for this upcoming season you will buy it whether it was released last week, tomorrow or next Thursday? So the day they get released isnt too much of an issue.

Maybe they will release them next week if they see covid cases are on the decline, they may want to wait & see what the deal is with the vaccine passport situation too.

We're not using them. The chip in the card has expired. So we print off tickets once we've claimed a ticket for each game we attend.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

There seems to be increasing evidence and medical opinion that vaccinated people are less likely to pass the virus on. The BMJ I understand, suggests the risk is reduced by 50%.

If this indeed true and widely accepted by the medical and scientific professionals then that would be a very compelling case for vaccination passports.

You'd see under 18's excluded from watching their team if that's the case.

23 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

A huge if. 

Huge enough to keep current ‘liberties’ intact. IMO. 

I agree it's a big if and I honestly don't know how strong the evidence/opinion is. That's why I said if it was widely accepted by the world of science and medicine. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

not necessarily. I would imagine, anyone not able to get the vaccine (due to underlying health conditions or age for example) might be exempt. 

I can see that, but can you imagine the cost/time that would take to implement in a stadium environment? 

That's before you reach the moral angle of asking the least vulnerable adult age group to be vaccinated from a disease which by and large causes no them no ill effects.

9 hours ago, Rev said:

I can see that, but can you imagine the cost/time that would take to implement in a stadium environment? 

That's before you reach the moral angle of asking the least vulnerable adult age group to be vaccinated from a disease which by and large causes no them no ill effects.

I know and, as I’ve said before, I can see both sides of the argument. There would be a moral dilemma in either case. On one side, in the short/medium term,  you’re forcing people to be vaccinated if they want to attend large events/travel abroad. On the other hand you’re doing the best you can to protect those that do attend/travel. I get that it doesn’t seriously affect a large group of people but IF being vaccinated does significantly reduce the risk of spreading it to others then you’re not just talking about that individuals right to choose for themselves anymore.

I’m just glad it’s not me having to make the decision.

13 hours ago, angieram said:

? East stand, get your jab, East stand East stand get your jab ?

? South stand, get your jab, South stand South stand get your jab ?

? North stand, get your jab, North stand North stand get your jab ?