21/22 Season Tickets

Keepyuppy

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Are we one of the very few clubs to not be selling season tickets at this stage?! 12 weeks out until the season kicks off. Going to be a mad rush 

I don’t think there will be - there will be a lot of gaps in the stands next season. Now I have paid for mine last September which will roll on I suppose but I would happily take my money back if I could and just attend on a game by game basis as I know I will be missing at least 4-6 games next season probably 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I guess they're waiting to see whether there will be a team to watch next season, before they begin promoting season tickets. We don't know how bad things are, exactly, but considering a few sources have hinted at liquidation and season tickets AREN'T on sale - nor any explanation to why they're not on sale could be because they're not sure whether there will be anything for us to watch. 

For any other reason, I would expect an explanation. 

Trading whilst insolvent is a criminal offence, isn't it?

FWIW, I think the delay is probably due to the required staff still being furloughed.

This is the official response from the Club atm.....

Thank you for your email.

We currently don't have any information regarding the 2021/22 Season Ticket renewals. Please keep checking our website for any latest updates or alternatively contact us at a later date.

Kind regards,

55 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

We currently don't have any information regarding the 2021/22 Season Ticket renewals. Please keep checking our website for any latest updates or alternatively contact us at a later date.

Kind regards,

Guess they can’t do anything until we know the position of how many fans are allowed in the ground etc more than any takeover or EFL issues. Let’s hope come June 21st grounds are fully open to home and away fans and tickets can be released.
I wonder if any other clubs are selling season tickets yet? 

I put this in another thread but I was told recently by someone in the tickets office that they are waiting until the FA directs them as to how many are allowed in before deciding their policy. They had sold around 11k for the season just ended and I guess have to work out whether to honour those this season and therefore not sell any more if only one third capacity is allowed, or refund and start from scratch if more are etc etc 

But until they know what they are dealing with they are holding out. It makes sense to be fair.

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Kind regards,

It's actually pitiful. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's actually pitiful. 

Why is it pitiful?

As others have mentioned they’re probably having to wait for more clarity/clearer indication on likely maximum attendances next season not to mention the outcome of the EFL appeal (although, based on previous experiences, it could be several weeks before we hear anything).

Also, I browsed a few other Championship club sites the other day and I don’t think we’re alone in delaying.

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's actually pitiful. 

I understand a lot of fans frustration with this one....  However, there's a very real chance we don't have a club at all (as we know it) the rate things are going.  I get that everybody has their own set of financial circumstances and circa £350 can be a huge amount of money.  I've been buying some daft Rampage magazine that I don't even read in a bid to support the club... Rams TV matches when I have a sky subsrciption.  If we can afford to should some of us write monies owed off (we all expect Mel Morris to write off all he's owed then in the same breath demand our season ticket money back!).

I have a colleague who is a Morcambe fan, he bought a lifetime season ticket a few years back to help them out of a pickle (£2000) wanna know what he did this year? Bought a years season ticket just to help them out!

Not directed at you ya ion milling monkey ?

COYR

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why is it pitiful?

As others have mentioned they’re probably having to wait for more clarity/clearer indication on likely maximum attendances next season not to mention the outcome of the EFL appeal (although, based on previous experiences, it could be several weeks before we hear anything).

Also, I browsed a few other Championship club sites the other day and I don’t think we’re alone in delaying.

2 minutes ago, SunnyRam said:

Not sure what else you want them to say really until they know exactly what they are aloud to do. 

They could explain why tickets aren't on sale, rather than 'we currently don't have any information regarding 2021-22 season tickets'. I'm not saying the club not putting the tickets on sale is pitiful - but the communication towards the fans is rotten. 

It doesn't help that 90% of clubs have had no issues putting theirs up for sale whilst we're (apparently) waiting for the government to give the go ahead? It just seems strange to me. We're only guessing that we're waiting for the government to give the go ahead because the club haven't said anything at all. 

Do we assume we're waiting until June 21st before putting them on sale - maybe longer? I don't think it's asking for much to just have a little bit of an outline. It's easy to see why fans are getting pissed off. 

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

They could explain why tickets aren't on sale, rather than 'we currently don't have any information regarding 2021-22 season tickets'. I'm not saying the club not putting the tickets on sale is pitiful - but the communication towards the fans is rotten. 

It doesn't help that 90% of clubs have had no issues putting theirs up for sale whilst we're (apparently) waiting for the government to give the go ahead? It just seems strange to me. We're only guessing that we're waiting for the government to give the go ahead because the club haven't said anything at all. 

Do we assume we're waiting until June 21st before putting them on sale - maybe longer? I don't think it's asking for much to just have a little bit of an outline. It's easy to see why fans are getting pissed off. 

In respect of season ticket sales I think most of us are just waiting patiently rather than over reacting (IMO) by describing the situation as pitiful. 

I really can't see it being anything to do with "Wait and see what numbers are allowed in".

If we are told tomorrow that we can start next season with a fully opened stadium, that will come with the obvious "Subject to change" mantra.

Similarly so, if the announcement isn't until next month, and the limit is stated as "50% capacity" (purely a hypothetical example).

Make plans and adjust if required.  Sitting around waiting just isn't happening at any other business in the country! 

Anyway...

I seem to recall someone on here posting something along the lines of "Virtually all other clubs are selling theirs", so purely as a scientific study, and solely for the benefit of my peers, I decided to check out a random club to see if they are selling their season tickets. 
I say random, but in reality, I wanted to compare a similar sized club (Former European giant currently on its ar5e), from a similar location and background (Working class Middle England, by the river), a similar sized audience (20k+ for them, nearer 30k for us) and a similar league standing (Championship doldrums).
In fact, the similarities between this particular club and our own are striking, and we'd no doubt be mistaken for identical twins... had it not been for their pink seats... oh... and the fact their 21/22 season tickets are on sale! 

Doesn't look like there's mention of general sales as yet, but with reference to renewals, they are already hard at it...

tickets.thumb.png.1f091c26aba2a83e7b56d5987aca4a6e.png

Apologies for not copying & pasting, but it was a pdf.

No apologies for the graffiti.  Absolutely not.  No Siree!

Now... I'm off for a shower!  The dirty 845t4rd5!  

Edited by Mucker1884

3 hours ago, NimonicRam said:

I understand a lot of fans frustration with this one....  However, there's a very real chance we don't have a club at all (as we know it) the rate things are going.  I get that everybody has their own set of financial circumstances and circa £350 can be a huge amount of money.  I've been buying some daft Rampage magazine that I don't even read in a bid to support the club... Rams TV matches when I have a sky subsrciption.  If we can afford to should some of us write monies owed off (we all expect Mel Morris to write off all he's owed then in the same breath demand our season ticket money back!).

I have a colleague who is a Morcambe fan, he bought a lifetime season ticket a few years back to help them out of a pickle (£2000) wanna know what he did this year? Bought a years season ticket just to help them out!

Not directed at you ya ion milling monkey ?

COYR

Each to their own but you have to assume if a club cannot handle their own finances correctly that giving them more money perhaps does not actually help. Let's say I had an alcoholic friend who was behind on their rent and I wrote a cheque for £350 to help out. Would I be wholly convinced that money would all go on the rent? No. Can you see my point?

You have to trust they spend our 'extra' money wisely. Unfortunately the track record means I have little hope they will/do.

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I really can't see it being anything to do with "Wait and see what numbers are allowed in".

If we are told tomorrow that we can start next season with a fully opened stadium, that will come with the obvious "Subject to change" mantra.

Similarly so, if the announcement isn't until next month, and the limit is stated as "50% capacity" (purely a hypothetical example).

Make plans and adjust if required.  Sitting around waiting just isn't happening at any other business in the country! 

Anyway...

I seem to recall someone on here posting something along the lines of "Virtually all other clubs are selling theirs", so purely as a scientific study, and solely for the benefit of my peers, I decided to check out a random club to see if they are selling their season tickets. 
I say random, but in reality, I wanted to compare a similar sized club (Former European giant currently on its ar5e), from a similar location and background (Working class Middle England, by the river), a similar sized audience (20k+ for them, nearer 30k for us) and a similar league standing (Championship doldrums).
In fact, the similarities between this particular club and our own are striking, and we'd no doubt be mistaken for identical twins... had it not been for their pink seats... oh... and the fact their 21/22 season tickets are on sale! 

Doesn't look like there's mention of general sales as yet, but with reference to renewals, they are already hard at it...

tickets.thumb.png.1f091c26aba2a83e7b56d5987aca4a6e.png

Apologies for not copying & pasting, but it was a pdf.

No apologies for the graffiti.  Absolutely not.  No Siree!

Now... I'm off for a shower!  The dirty 845t4rd5!  

Maybe, if the person in the ticket office is correct and 11000 season tickets were sold for this season, that’s 11000 that will effectively roll over to next season. If (again) the maximum attendance is initially set at 11000 or less, would the club want to complicate things by selling more season tickets (assuming there are more that would want one of course)? That’s the only rationale I can think of.

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I put this in another thread but I was told recently by someone in the tickets office that they are waiting until the FA directs them as to how many are allowed in before deciding their policy. They had sold around 11k for the season just ended and I guess have to work out whether to honour those this season and therefore not sell any more if only one third capacity is allowed, or refund and start from scratch if more are etc etc 

But until they know what they are dealing with they are holding out. It makes sense to be fair.

If true, I think selling 11,000 season tickets last season is pretty good in the pandemic

On the flipside, that's potentially 11,000 whose money they've already had and so won't be paying in next season ?

52 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe, if the person in the ticket office is correct and 11000 season tickets were sold for this season, that’s 11000 that will effectively roll over to next season. If (again) the maximum attendance is initially set at 11000 or less, would the club want to complicate things by selling more season tickets (assuming there are more that would want one of course)? That’s the only rationale I can think of.

First completely random check I did was Peterborough... "2021/22 Season Tickets On Sale Now! ".  Backed up by their "Pandemic Promise - In the event that Government guidance enforces a capacity restriction at the Weston Home Stadium at any point during the 2021/22 season, then we promise to offer a pro-rata refund for any games missed."

Next up was The Blades... Yep... Renewals From Thursday 6th May until 5pm Friday 28th May.

Hammers... Renewal window open until 14th June.  Relocation period from 18th June.

Palace... 
Been on Early Bird session since 6th April... yep  6TH APRIL!  
Phase 1: 20/21 Season Ticket holders have an exclusive renewal period of six weeks at the lowest rates, between 6th April – 14th May.
Phase 2: Between 15th May – 18th June, 20/21 Season Ticket holders and all 19/20 Season Ticket holders can purchase a 21/22 Season Ticket and save their seat. These prices are also frozen from the Phase 2 window in 19/20, and supporters can pay by direct debit during this window. The direct debit programme will be managed in-house, with 0% interest and no fees charged.
Phase 3: Remaining Season Tickets go on general sale from 24th June, and will also be priced as per Phase 3 pricing in 19/20. A range of Membership products which enable ticket access will also be on sale from summer.

Along with my earlier post, that's 5 out of 5, all already doing renewals, although it appears none are currently doing general sale/new ST's, obviously.

All done on a general Google search of "21/22 season tickets", then taking random shots at the results. 

Now, I appreciate my search term is highly likely to bring up more reference to those selling, than not selling, but even so, there are clearly clubs out there who are not "waiting to see what Boris has to say, before opening up their online ticket sales".

I know that (reasoning) hasn't come from the club, so I'm most certainly not bashing them, but anyone thinking this mythical "Waiting for Bojo" is a reasonable explanation for DCFC renewals not yet being available is deluded... in my opinion.

Meant to say...

on top of those (reputed) 11,000 freebie/credited renewals, there would still be others wanting to renew, that have no available credit.  OK, maybe only a thousand or so?  Maybe even just a few hundred?  But it would still be cash coming in.  What business would say no to "cash now... potential refunds/headache later"?

This ain't no waiting game.  There are other reasons behind us not being able to renew yet.  To my embarrassment, I haven't got a clue what those reasons would be!

Edited by Mucker1884

48 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Meant to say...

on top of those (reputed) 11,000 freebie/credited renewals, there would still be others wanting to renew, that have no available credit.  OK, maybe only a thousand or so?  Maybe even just a few hundred?  But it would still be cash coming in.  What business would say no to "cash now... potential refunds/headache later"?

This ain't no waiting game.  There are other reasons behind us not being able to renew yet.  To my embarrassment, I haven't got a clue what those reasons would be!

You could argue it the other way though, and say DCFC are being more honest and fair by only selling tickets once they know they can be honoured.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

First completely random check I did was Peterborough... "2021/22 Season Tickets On Sale Now! ".  Backed up by their "Pandemic Promise - In the event that Government guidance enforces a capacity restriction at the Weston Home Stadium at any point during the 2021/22 season, then we promise to offer a pro-rata refund for any games missed."

Next up was The Blades... Yep... Renewals From Thursday 6th May until 5pm Friday 28th May.

Hammers... Renewal window open until 14th June.  Relocation period from 18th June.

Palace... 
Been on Early Bird session since 6th April... yep  6TH APRIL!  
Phase 1: 20/21 Season Ticket holders have an exclusive renewal period of six weeks at the lowest rates, between 6th April – 14th May.
Phase 2: Between 15th May – 18th June, 20/21 Season Ticket holders and all 19/20 Season Ticket holders can purchase a 21/22 Season Ticket and save their seat. These prices are also frozen from the Phase 2 window in 19/20, and supporters can pay by direct debit during this window. The direct debit programme will be managed in-house, with 0% interest and no fees charged.
Phase 3: Remaining Season Tickets go on general sale from 24th June, and will also be priced as per Phase 3 pricing in 19/20. A range of Membership products which enable ticket access will also be on sale from summer.

Along with my earlier post, that's 5 out of 5, all already doing renewals, although it appears none are currently doing general sale/new ST's, obviously.

All done on a general Google search of "21/22 season tickets", then taking random shots at the results. 

Now, I appreciate my search term is highly likely to bring up more reference to those selling, than not selling, but even so, there are clearly clubs out there who are not "waiting to see what Boris has to say, before opening up their online ticket sales".

I know that (reasoning) hasn't come from the club, so I'm most certainly not bashing them, but anyone thinking this mythical "Waiting for Bojo" is a reasonable explanation for DCFC renewals not yet being available is deluded... in my opinion.

Fair enough but I don’t think the delay warrants being called pitiful and I’m not sure why it’s worth some getting upset.

Cause for concern? Probably

More reasonable for us than for most other clubs given what we’re going through? I’d say so

Causing a problem for any of us? I very much doubt it

Pitiful? Of course not

Best to wait a little bit longer before getting our underwear in a twist? Absolutely