21/22 Season Tickets

Keepyuppy

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

So you currently have the 20/21 season tickets?  All paid for?

If so, and we don't get to see any games this season, they will automatically roll over, so no more actual expense for your 21/22 tickets.

Appreciate that doesn't account for "other match day spends", and that a refund may still be preferable to you.

Anyway... Hope things pick up for you both, sooner rather than later.  

No, sorry for the misunderstanding. We asked for a discount for this season but like many others didn't buy. The club kept moving the renewal deadline and then it was suspended. Correct me if I'm wrong. As the months have passed since then, financial pressures have meant that season tickets will have to be given a miss for us. That's why I asked for the change. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's a very good point.

However, that was the agreement between customer and "The Club", at the time of the transaction.  The gullible amongst us could only imagine that the new owners would continue with whatever "The Club" has already agreed to, and/or sanctioned.

If not... imagine this scenario:

New owners take over on 20th Jan.
Pride Park Stadium is fully opened to all fans on 28th Feb.
New owners refuse to honour current 20/21 Season tickets purchased when Mel was still in charge, and expect everyone to purchase individual match tickets...

Queue forms, to kick down the glass frontage... 

I really don't think is remotely likely. You say gullible, I say realist. If it did, I suspect there would be some legal recourse. I'm no expert but I would have thought that if you have made a purchase from "the club" and "the club" then refuses or fails to honour the purchase you'd have legal rights possibly under section 75 of the consumer credit act (if you paid by credit card).

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Why buy a ticket if you don't know if there is any football to be watched? 

Like buying a meal from some dodgy geezer you have heard has ventured into takeaways but you hope you might get some food if you are in luck. 

Or maybe people renewed before Covid-19 took its grip.

Some might even have wanted to support the club financially, even when they suspected they wouldn't be able to attend?

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Some might even have wanted to support the club financially, even when they suspected they wouldn't be able to attend?

I meant for next season, it's admirable if people are willing to fund the club like it's a charity but to me that doesn't seem right when we have an owner who should be able to fund the club. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

I meant for next season, it's admirable if people are willing to fun the club like it's a charity but to me that doesn't seem right when we have an owner who should be able to fund the club. 

Oh sorry, for next season you'd be mad to renew!

If things don't change, I don't imagine the club will even offer the chance, although for those who've already paid for last season I can't imagine a refund would be offered.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

This is quite a personal one.

This season my lad was an under 22 young adult, next season he'll be a full blown adult.

Paid in full in advance of this season starting, before they stopped selling season tickets for a brief time.

Do you think they'll ask for the price difference to be made up, or honour the price paid a season later than planned?

Good question - obviously choice would be to ask you for the difference.

If you decline I think clubs view is that you lose your money. You got the games on Rams TV for instance.

I wonder about the folk who went from an adult price to a Senior citizen and the deal with them. They should be owed money back.

54 minutes ago, Rev said:

Yep, was happy to sign up for t.v viewing as a compromise if it’s the best on offer, which Rams T.V is compared to some.

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I meant for next season, it's admirable if people are willing to fund the club like it's a charity but to me that doesn't seem right when we have an owner who should be able to fund the club. 

Why should the owner be the only one to fund the club? I class it as my club and want it to still be here when all this covid stuff is over, and if that means chucking the club a couple of hundred quid, I'm happy to pay. 

8 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

No, sorry for the misunderstanding. We asked for a discount for this season but like many others didn't buy. The club kept moving the renewal deadline and then it was suspended. Correct me if I'm wrong. As the months have passed since then, financial pressures have meant that season tickets will have to be given a miss for us. That's why I asked for the change. Thanks. 

Now I'm with you!  ?

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I really don't think is remotely likely. You say gullible, I say realist. If it did, I suspect there would be some legal recourse. I'm no expert but I would have thought that if you have made a purchase from "the club" and "the club" then refuses or fails to honour the purchase you'd have legal rights possibly under section 75 of the consumer credit act (if you paid by credit card).

100% agree, hence my imaginary scenario/example.  The "gullible amongst us" was very much aimed at myself.  ?

7 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Why buy a ticket if you don't know if there is any football to be watched? 

Like buying a meal from some dodgy geezer you have heard has ventured into takeaways but you hope you might get some food if you are in luck. 

I can only speak for myself, but I bought mine the evening they announced the suspension of sales for the following day (June, was it?).  I purchased mine because they said if we can't attend matches this season, we will be credited accordingly towards the following (21/22) season.   Other than dropping dead in the meantime, I was/am still looking to be a season ticket holder next season, so that worked for me.  Admittedly, should we not be able to attend games in 21/22, I'm pinning my hopes on a similar offer moving forward to the following season.  I guess there's always a chance we could go bust, and I'd get nothing.  Being at the cheaper end of the seat categories, I was and remain happy with that little gamble.

For the record though, there are some on here who purchased their 20/21 season ticket so early (Jan/Feb 20), there was no sign of potential disruption, and Covid was some mid-page paragraph in "Chinese News in brief".

I paid for my season ticket in full for this season 20/21 in part to help fund the club in the short term with the knowledge that this season was extremely unlikely to have any supporters attending, whilst knowing that season 21/22 was paid for if we are able to attend.

for myself I want to be fully vaccinated before I will be attending and I also want everyone else vaccinated. It will be interesting to see how many business will be insisting on that in the future. 

• 4 months later...

Wonder when or if they will go on sale, other clubs are selling them despite the uncertainties around Covid.

Surely the club cant wait until ownership issues are resolved, especially with our track record of trying to sell the club.

I am not sure if im going to take up the option to renew my previous season ticket from 19/20 as we were promised we could, along with the discount i'll be entitled to but at least if we had the option it would help with the thought process.

Surely also has the potential to bring much needed funds in?

I have no idea how many had tickets for last season but it cant be many as sales were stopped abruptly, and im sure a good amount of those would have just taken the refund.