21/22 Season Tickets

Keepyuppy

2 hours ago, Rev said:

You could argue it the other way though, and say DCFC are being more honest and fair by only selling tickets once they know they can be honoured.

I'm sure you could, yes.  If you see it that way.

Not sure I'd agree, personally.  
Am I right in thinking (Happy to be corrected... I actively avoid the news nowadays!) that in general, if everything goes to plan, isn't pretty mush everything expected/hoped to be open/up and running by August?
Is it dishonest for airlines to be selling seats for next month?  Restaurants taking bookings for next week?  Hotels taking bookings for Xmas?  Apparently music gigs are due to start up again soon, no?  I assume tickets will be needed for those too?

Not sure where honesty comes into it, if I'm honest.  Apologies if I'm being stupid?

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair enough but I don’t think the delay warrants being called pitiful and I’m not sure why it’s worth some getting upset.

Cause for concern? Probably

More reasonable for us than for most other clubs given what we’re going through? I’d say so

Causing a problem for any of us? I very much doubt it

Pitiful? Of course not

Best to wait a little bit longer before getting our underwear in a twist? Absolutely 

Oh indeed.  Totally agree.

My gripe... if indeed that's what it is... isn't with the club, or with any perceived delay. I'm neither panicking nor concerned myself.

With everything going on at the club at present, I expect there's more than a dozen realistic possible causes for the delay, over and above the highly unlikely suggestion that they are "Waiting to see how many we are likely to be allowed in".

54 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm sure you could, yes.  If you see it that way.

Not sure I'd agree, personally.  
Am I right in thinking (Happy to be corrected... I actively avoid the news nowadays!) that in general, if everything goes to plan, isn't pretty mush everything expected/hoped to be open/up and running by August?
Is it dishonest for airlines to be selling seats for next month?  Restaurants taking bookings for next week?  Hotels taking bookings for Xmas?  Apparently music gigs are due to start up again soon, no?  I assume tickets will be needed for those too?

Not sure where honesty comes into it, if I'm honest.  Apologies if I'm being stupid?

You're not being stupid, as I suspect you well know.

However, you later state 'there must be more than dozen possible realistic causes, over and above waiting to see how many are allowed in'.

Name them.

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

You're not being stupid, as I suspect you well know.

However, you later state 'there must be more than dozen possible realistic causes, over and above waiting to see how many are allowed in'.

Name them.

But as I said in a previous post that you quoted...

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

... There are other reasons behind us not being able to renew yet.  To my embarrassment, I haven't got a clue what those reasons would be!

So no, sorry, I can't!  

If the tickets weren't being sold because of potential coronavirus restrictions then why haven't they simply put that in a simple email for the people requesting? It would take 5 minutes to actually write and would provide an answer. It wouldn't be difficult to provide refunds for tickets that cannot be honoured if there are still significant measures in place limiting capacities. I hope it's nothing more serious than just another act of incompetence. 

46 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

But as I said in a previous post that you quoted...

So no, sorry, I can't!  

In which case, how do you know that the reason for sales/renewals not commencing isn't down to a reduced capacity?

6 hours ago, Rev said:

In which case, how do you know that the reason for sales/renewals not commencing isn't down to a reduced capacity?

Apologies.  I don't "know" anything.  Was merely trying to convey my opinion.  Pure guesswork.  Not ITK.  Never have been.

Apologies again, if any of my posts on here have suggested otherwise.  That was never my intention.  

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We’ve discussed already haven’t we?

The only refunds due for the season just gone is if you renewed before the discounts were applied. 

And the club is saying it has now paid those if you filled in the appropriate forms and to contact the ticket office if you think you are owed something that you haven't received.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Ok thanks both. I got the 10% and rams tv and haven’t heard anything so who knows 

You must have selected option 3 so, unless you renewed before the discounts were applied (it doesn't sound like you did) you won't hear anything until next season's season tickets sales are announced. It doesn't sound like you're entitled to any more refunds. 

• 2 months later...