Realistically ,New transfers in January????

ram1964

2 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

On bbc rumours. Stated Glenn Murray to Forest?.

37, but a good short term one in my view for us, till end of season.

Very good player at this level, despite his age. Would like him here. Get the ball in the box and he scores

Do we even know if the players got their Jan pay ? I cant see any perm signings happening. Maybe we could hope for a few Man U/Everton  young fringe players but cant see anything else. if the take over doesn't happen before end of business Friday, we are struggling for anything

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

None of us really know the financial situation enough to make sweeping statements on whether or not we can bring anyone in. Wazza seemed adamant that he had players lined up...case of just wait and see....

we know that we couldnt pay the players until a good 3/4 weeks later. 

On 26/01/2021 at 16:44, Topram said:

Cocu last January said next week we will sign someone all window we didn’t, let’s hope Rooney isn’t sold the same story

I would guess Cocu was talking about Dursun but factors outside his or Derbys' control appeared to scupper that deal.

12 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Well we’ve got till Monday night I believe.

Lets see if this busy week transpires.

We're busy doin' nothin'

Workin' the whole day through

Tryin' to find lots of things not to do

We're busy goin' nowhere

Isn't it just a crime

We'd like to be unhappy, but

We never do have the time

Rooney confirms the players have been paid their December wages. On the January wages: "We wait and see. The important thing, and all we can do, is focus on our football.

WR: The players I want to come in are still there. Hopefully in the next 24-48 hours we can do some business to get some in.

So according to Wayne’s interview they have paid for December, the embargo was lifted. However no indication they are getting paid in January or any indication they are not going to get paid. I’m fairly certain based on his comments we won’t sign anyone. 

How do you attract players, even on loan or as free agents, if the club starts to get a reputation for not paying wages on time? How do you 'sell' the club to them?

Player: ......"Well Wayne, that sounds great. I'd love to come and join Derby. How much am I going to get paid?"

Wayne: "Er, right, well........erm, you see, the thing is, erm........."

tenor (2).gif