v Chorley (A) FA Cup Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Lancashire lad said:

They ALL came back negative according to media reports. The FA paid for the testing

Quite incredible that really....given Derby have gone to great lengths of working in bubbles and Changing rooms of no more than 5 players at a time and the like and isolating first team from 23s and 18s etc

A non league team all out working and mixing at home over Xmas have zero cases ?‍♂️?‍♂️

1 minute ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Quite incredible that really....given Derby have gone to great lengths of working in bubbles and Changing rooms of no more than 5 players at a time and the like and isolating first team from 23s and 18s etc

A non league team all out working and mixing at home over Xmas have zero cases ?‍♂️?‍♂️

I know you think there is some sort of conspiracy here but our players were fine until they played Sheffield Wednesday on Friday who had already unknowingly got an outbreak at their club. It's no more complicated than that.

7 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Same can be said for Sheff Wed though. These clubs are putting in highly stringent protocols and yet a non league side has zero cases ?‍♂️ I’m not suggesting a conspiracy as such I’m just pointing out it’s quite strange. Are the protocols a waste of time?

The DCFC infections were caught on the playing field where no amount of protocols will stop close contact. Where one of the SWFC players got it from is anybody's guess.

Football players are at work like anyone else, so have the same risks as anyone else at work. Got to fill the car with petrol, got to shop etc etc etc.

25 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Same can be said for Sheff Wed though. These clubs are putting in highly stringent protocols and yet a non league side has zero cases ?‍♂️ I’m not suggesting a conspiracy as such I’m just pointing out it’s quite strange. Are the protocols a waste of time?

Maybe they've been ultra careful knowing how important the game is for them?

52 minutes ago, angieram said:

I know you think there is some sort of conspiracy here but our players were fine until they played Sheffield Wednesday on Friday who had already unknowingly got an outbreak at their club. It's no more complicated than that.

I've already chastised my Sheffield Wednesday mate for doing his best to screw our season even more.  

Jokes aside, no matter how careful, luck plays a part. Sure, if you never leave your house you'll more or less be safe but soon as you step out the door, you're in the lap of the Gods. Fill your car up from the same pump used by a carrier just before you. Walk passed someone who happened to cough or sneeze just moments before...it could be any number of ways.  How many of us know how we caught a cold even if we were sure we've been nowhere near someone with a cold?

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I think it helped that Chorley had a 10 day break in December. They put reserves out in fa Trophy and lost but this give them 2 Free weekends.

48 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Which is exactly my point! How does an outbreak happen at a pro club but not a non league one? They all live normal lives but it’s not arbitrary that pro clubs players aren’t as exposed as the non league ones in general 

Maybe they have been following the rules, social distancing, wearing masks and not gathering with friends and family - and maybe one or more of our lot haven't? Or maybe we got bad luck and they didn't?

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

Maybe they have been following the rules, social distancing, wearing masks and not gathering with friends and family - and maybe one or more of our lot haven't? Or maybe we got bad luck and they didn't?

Definitely social distancing.

Wigan and Peterborough couldn't get near our strikers which also helped?

49 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Which is exactly my point! How does an outbreak happen at a pro club but not a non league one? They all live normal lives but it’s not arbitrary that pro clubs players aren’t as exposed as the non league ones in general 

Isn’t it simple as one or more Derby players already had the virus (they’re not isolating so who knows where they caught it from. Maybe Sheffield Wednesday) and it spread whereas none of the Chorley had it so they could have been getting up close and personal in the changing room and they still wouldn’t spread it. 

Their life away from football might put non league players at higher risk but that doesn’t guarantee they’ll catch it.

Archived