v Birmingham (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I thought tonight was going to be a huge test for Rooney. I think it really is a test, but the manager is passing it with magnificently soaring colours.

Brum have made mistakes, but so much of that is because we've given them no time or space. This is everything that Cocu wasn't. IMO we're now safe from relegation.

Wowwww steady on! A lot can happen in football in a short space of time...

9F691EA1-DDB3-494E-BB3F-CC067198563A.jpeg

Wow currently about 1,000 folk on this forum. "You only read and post when were winning"...........

Regarding the game, no Waghorn, no Lawrence and players with speed that can tackle, press, shoot, pass and hold the ball up and bingo.

And with us constantly improving in defence and Bielik and Shinnie moping up, it all bodes well.

And Harrington the ref hasn't received a call from the EFL yet.

Carry on regardless.

Anyone else noticed how dominant we have become in the air since Rooney has taken over ? We seem to win almost everything nowadays.

Byrne has Hogan in his pocket . I will say it again Wisdom is a much better Centre back than a right back and looks happy and solid in that position .

Shinnie and Knight grafting around Beilik and Sibley offering options out wide and CKR laying balls off and being an absolute nuisance all the time . 

I love the way he stands in front of the goalie not allowing him a free passage to pass it or throw it out .

He wins most of his aerial battles and is a great catalyst to the drive of the team.

Carry on in the second half and  get some real momentum for the season to really kick off.

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Wow currently about 1,000 folk on this forum. "You only read and post when were winning"...........

Regarding the game, no Waghorn, no Lawrence and players with speed that can tackle, press, shoot, pass and hold the ball up and bingo.

And with us constantly improving in defence and Bielik and Shinnie moping up, it all bodes well.

And Harrington the ref hasn't received a call from the EFL yet.

Carry on regardless.

i work for the NHS i cant afford sky

Wayne Rooney has now found our very best eleven players., Allowing for interchanging Buchanan/Fozzy. Another manager may have struggled and signed six players at Xmas and be 12 games behind Rooney's progress. After his first game when he made SEVEN changes, he said that he could have made ELEVEN changes. Now try and get IN this team. It is a perfectly balanced side with vastly more aggression and understanding. I would love to see the training sessions. 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think Sibley is having a really good game. He's positive and threatening every time he gets on the ball, unlucky to not have scored. The usual suspects of CKR and Bielik have been good too, and I think Fozzy's having a good game too.

I agree about Sibley but can someone explain why he positioned himself between the defender and the post for the corner near the end of the half when Clarke won the header and we got another corner (cleared by the defender in front of him)? Surely he would have been better the other side of the defender?

Archived