v Birmingham (A) - Matchday Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were very good it’s just sad about the quality of our goals which have mostly came through them being utter dross if anything. Sibley our best player, incredibly unlucky not to score really. It’s so easy for us against this Birmingham side who are maybe the worst team we’ve played all season, Wycombe had more energy than these lot. 

I thought tonight was going to be a huge test for Rooney. I think it really is a test, but the manager is passing it with magnificently soaring colours.

Brum have made mistakes, but so much of that is because we've given them no time or space. This is everything that Cocu wasn't. IMO we're now safe from relegation.

Wow, where did that half of football come from! After looking no threat all season, all of a sudden, we’re looking a threat from everywhere! Even corners! And we got a penalty! Can barely believe what I’m watching to be honest. We’ve been absolutely superb. Incisive passing, energy and desire all over the pitch. Best half this season by a mile, even more so than Swansea. We should be a couple more up even! We’ve created that many chances.

I'm hoping to see some exemplary game management from Wazza. Give CKR an early rest and probably Knight and if possible Bielik too. Make sure they're ok for Saturday. 

Perhaps give them 5-10 mins unchanged and if we're still 3-0 up i'd fancy us to stick as we seem organised enough now not to worry about shipping 3 goals in a half.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Wow, where did that half of football come from! After looking no threat all season, all of a sudden, we’re looking a threat from everywhere! Even corners! And we got a penalty! Can barely believe what I’m watching to be honest. We’ve been absolutely superb. Incisive passing, energy and desire all over the pitch. Best half this season by a mile, even more so than Swansea. We should be a couple more up even! We’ve created that many chances.

Swansea?

Just now, Derbados said:

The best thing about this game isn’t even the scoreline

It’s having to listen to Don Goodman grimace as he tries to come up with every excuse under the sun as to why we’re 3-0 up 

he’s hating every second of this and I absolutely love it!! 

'So Don, What a half from Rooney's Derby team there. Anyway back for Brum in the second half ?' drums muppets GIF

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

I thought tonight was going to be a huge test for Rooney. I think it really is a test, but the manager is passing it with magnificently soaring colours.

Brum have made mistakes, but so much of that is because we've given them no time or space. This is everything that Cocu wasn't. IMO we're now safe from relegation.

What could also be very important in the short-term is purely getting out of the bottom 3. I wouldn't be surprised if football paused again in the near future given the increasing cases of Covid and the increasing number of games being postponed due to that. I'd like to think the EFL wouldn't do an average points thing with over half of the season still to play... but you really never know.

Archived