v Swansea (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Fantastic game today. Players are starting to be chosen based on workrate and it's showing. Shinnie is doing so well that he's keeping Bird out. Bird and Bielik is the long-term partnership. Knight is the first name on the team sheet for me. 

I don't want to see Lawrence in this side again. Holmes is too inconsistent and injury prone. I'd like Sibley to be getting more minutes and starting more but happy with tonight's lineup and performance.

Hopefully Rooney is starting to weed out players who don't offer enough and ironically he started with himself. 

Bielik first name on sheet for me but he needs Knight and Shinnie for best results.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Missed the game as am sick as a dog (not a red one though, that'd be gross). Just scanned the thread and it sounds like we were excellent. Wasn't at all sure about Rooney but I'd imagine the job is his now, surely. Would be very unfair not to at very least extend his tenure until January.

Few comments about Mac which are clearly tongue in cheek so not really sure why folk are getting upset. Even if it were true WR would still get credit for implementing any suggestions Mac had offered.

Roll on Rotherham.

*sidles back to bed 

Unfortunately you missed a cracker.  Please tell me you recorded the game.  To a man they were excellent.  At times I genuinely wondered who I was watching as some of the play was sublime. Hope you feel better soon. 

37 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Unfortunately you missed a cracker.  Please tell me you recorded the game.  To a man they were excellent.  At times I genuinely wondered who I was watching as some of the play was sublime. Hope you feel better soon. 

Mate I actually thought it was today!  I was laid up yesterday anyway though. Ah well, I'm pretty chuffed with the result. I hadn't really seen the same rate of progress as some folk seemed to have but if the match thread is anything to go by, we looked a different side yesterday. I'm a massive CKR fanboy and have always said that Bielik was an absolute destroyer waiting to happen. So good to have them getting fitter and sharper by the day. The 'Bielik effect' especially is quite remarkable as he seems to have lifted the players around him too. I got pelters for apparently overstating his potential from a few on here, so having got Cocu AND Wazza wrong, it's nice to finally be right about something! I think he'll be recognised as one of the best in the division by the end of the season, as long as he stays healthy. 

Ironically I bemoaned the lack of warrior spirit in the squad a few weeks back which I think has been a major issue in recent years, further exacerbated by the Keogh fiasco. Now we have those two AND Shinnie whose importance against certain opposition I think is massively underrated. After a crappy year all round, dare we start to dream again? Maintain momentum against Rotheram and I think we probably can. 

COYR

27 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Mate I actually thought it was today!  I was laid up yesterday anyway though. Ah well, I'm pretty chuffed with the result. I hadn't really seen the same rate of progress as some folk seemed to have but if the match thread is anything to go by, we looked a different side yesterday. I'm a massive CKR fanboy and have always said that Bielik was an absolute destroyer waiting to happen. So good to have them getting fitter and sharper by the day. The 'Bielik effect' especially is quite remarkable as he seems to have lifted the players around him too. I got pelters for apparently overstating his potential from a few on here, so having got Cocu AND Wazza wrong, it's nice to finally be right about something! I think he'll be recognised as one of the best in the division by the end of the season, as long as he stays healthy. 

Ironically I bemoaned the lack of warrior spirit in the squad a few weeks back which I think has been a major issue in recent years, further exacerbated by the Keogh fiasco. Now we have those two AND Shinnie whose importance against certain opposition I think is massively underrated. After a crappy year all round, dare we start to dream again? Maintain momentum against Rotheram and I think we probably can. 

COYR

Beat Rothetham and we are out of bottom three and hopefully can stay out from then on. Any Championship side would have struggled against us last night. We have some bruisers in this side. Strongest CF that Derby have had in 50 years maybe. 

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Beat Rothetham and we are out of bottom three and hopefully can stay out from then on. Any Championship side would have struggled against us last night. We have some bruisers in this side. Strongest CF that Derby have had in 50 years maybe. 

Love him. He's not a dirty player but he's such a unit he doesn't need to be. I've not seen anyone push him off the ball yet. He's coming on in leaps and bounds too as he gets closer to full match fitness and despite his age, he looks a very tidy signing to me. I reckon he's playing himself into an extension with the form and leadership qualities he's showing and he's silenced his numerous critics in the best possible way. More power to him.

Bielik last night.

Swansea trying to put us under pressure?

No worries I will just flick the ball with the outside of my foot over their players head on the edge of my own box and play a half volley pass perfectly weighted into the path of the advancing fullback.

It's easy this football lark ain't it?!

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Love him. He's not a dirty player but he's such a unit he doesn't need to be. I've not seen anyone push him off the ball yet. He's coming on in leaps and bounds too as he gets closer to full match fitness and despite his age, he looks a very tidy signing to me. I reckon he's playing himself into an extension with the form and leadership qualities he's showing and he's silenced his numerous critics in the best possible way. More power to him.

Treated the centre half like a rag doll when he hit the bar with the header. CH leaned right into him and was set with his feet but it made no difference. Irresistible force. Drogbaesque.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up previously, as I haven't read all the pages, but have it been noticed how many Derby players were having their shirts pulled when we put the ball into the Swansea penalty area?

From the first goal as Buchanan put the ball back, he was having his shirt pulled; from a corner as Clarke headed over and when CKR hit the bar with a header, his shirt was practically pulled over his head!!!

Another potential two penalties missed by the refereee. When are we going to see some decisions going for us in the penanlty area?

20 hours ago, David said:

How do you work that one out? If you have any evidence to suggest he has had an influence on our performances I'm more than happy to see it, but as far as we're aware he is simply a technical director and is not involved in training or picking of the team at all. 

The club regularly tweet pictures out from the training ground and I'm yet to see one of McClaren in his tracksuit.

Sure, he might be giving advice to Wayne, I would be shocked if he wasn't, but any disservice is to Wayne trying to credit McClaren with this turn around in form.

Equally we don’t have any evidence he doesn’t.

12 hours ago, Spanish said:

Sorry, there are a few people he are so committed to not wanting WR that they will look for anything to criticise him for

Yeah not guilty on that front...and agree there have been some disgusting things said about WR over the past few weeks on this forum..

Just glad he seems to be making his mark and getting the team to express themselves again - something they were stifled from doing under the previous manager.

13 hours ago, Spanish said:

Sorry, there are a few people he are so committed to not wanting WR that they will look for anything to criticise him for.

this is my reality check though

1. we won, we stifled them and by the end they had no answer despite using 5 subs
  2. none of the 11 on the pitch wanted to leave and who could complain about that.  They have had enough of turgid forlorn games and it must have been great to dominate a top performing team ion the way they did.  I got the feeling that not conceding was a badge of honour
  3. The fact is in the score line, nobody knows what would have happened if he had made substitutions earlier
  4. it was 2-0 not 4-0 (which it could easily have been)

Totally agree, Spanish. Muchas Gracias.

3 hours ago, KBB said:

Bielik last night.

Swansea trying to put us under pressure?

No worries I will just flick the ball with the outside of my foot over their players head on the edge of my own box and play a half volley pass perfectly weighted into the path of the advancing fullback.

It's easy this football lark ain't it?!

Shades of Igor against Germany in World Cup.

6 hours ago, Rampage said:

In six games under Rooney, compared to the other five teams in the bottom six we have scored 8 more points than three of them and six more than the other two. We are still in the bottom three. How bad was our position when Rooney took over.

Not much different to now I suspect. The bottom 6 is not a static population. Some will have fallen down into it (so will have had very poor recent results). Some of the ones here were in it may have climbed clear (so you're excluding them from the analysis).

I don't think at any point we've been cut adrift have we?

Archived