Rooney in charge: Yes or No?

LeedsCityRam

Rooney: Yes or no?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Now that Cocu has left, do you want Rooney as our new boss?

• Yes please, Rooney in charge
    • No way, would be a terrible call

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/11/20 at 18:13

Just now, 24Charlie said:

The new regime will have a plan. If they have wad of cash then they don't need a Rooney type appointment to generate interest and I doubt they'd leave their newly acquired investment in the hands of a novice.

Their appointment will be an interesting indication of their ambition. Unlikely to be Rooney you'd think.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

The new regime will have a plan. If they have wad of cash then they don't need a Rooney type appointment to generate interest and I doubt they'd leave their newly acquired investment in the hands of a novice.

It'll be someone we haven't thought of. 

I’ve not heard Paul Cook suggested- him maybe?

No. He has in no way earned the right to manage a club yet. 
Not even spent time as an assistant or as a manager of an under 21 side to show he has something about him. 

I feel it would be the wrong move for us in a big way. 

If he was an assistant to a more experienced manager then I’d take that to give him time to learn and support. 

I just hope the new owners don’t see his name and think he will be some kind of saviour. 

6 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

So who are the two?

RoyMac and?

I think I was number 2 (though others have voted the same now as well). To be honest, I'd actually prefer not him, but I anticipated what the overall consensus would be, and wanted to add some balance. I think there are positives and negatives, and might be a bit of a gamble. But I don't think it is as bad as some are making out it would be.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Their appointment will be an interesting indication of their ambition. Unlikely to be Rooney you'd think.

The first appointment is key because it sets the tone for their ambitions.

I remember Fawaz went into f*rest said they were gonna appoint an iconic manager then poached odriscoll from Crawley 

16 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

It'll be someone we haven't thought of. 

...Or someone we haven't even heard of!   ?

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think the trouble is that he was too involved in the previous coaching set up and their failings.

The timing would be awful, especially given all of the media speculation in recent weeks.

It wouldn’t be a good look whatsoever.

Agree,  without a completely fresh change I can’t see us getting the reaction we need to get the season going. 

Why would you let a guy who couldn't inspire his teammates on the pitch be in charge?

Other than his first few games, I have seen zero leadership from Rooney on the pitch, at a time when we desperately needed it.

I loved the idea of Rooney here, but since lockdown the whole thing stinks.

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm for Wayne, he's got a football brain. Would think it would be with an experienced side-kick of course.

He's got a football stomach Roy... That's at least able to be visually corroborated. ?

This "football brain".  What evidence is there for this? I mean, even frankie had done a bit of punditry so we heard him speak about tactics etc

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

This "football brain".  What evidence is there for this?

There were lots of newspaper interviews being quoted when we signed him by respected names in the game - memory to crap to quote, sorry.

He certainly isn't an 'traditionally' educated man, but lots of football managers aren't. There's quite a few comments from the current squad expressing their 'admiration' for Rooney, probably more than there are for Cocu?

Archived