Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

On 07/11/2020 at 18:50, RoyMac5 said:

Yet he easily got onto that lovely through ball from Joz against QPR. Consider he's on the inside - he has to be coach and player, that must be difficult. I think he's as susceptible to poor management as anyone else. More so, as as I said, he gets both sides of it!

I think he still has a roll to play. Don’t like him too deep, the reflexes of youth aren’t there, but there is a huge football brain, a will to win and more than a little skill. Sub ? Centre mid, 10 .. I am just not clever enough to know, but there are some leavings of a once great player there and we dismiss them at our peril. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall 

Byrne   Davies   Clarke    Buchanan  

Rooney   Bielik   Shinnie

Holmes    Waghorn   Jozwiak 

Rooney instead of Knight if Knight starts for the Republic, Holmes for Lawrence as he’s possibly got a knock and hasn’t been playing well. Would play Ibe for Holmes but haven’t seen him in any of the photos of training?! 
Subs; Roos, Wisdom, Bird, Knight, Lawrence, CKR, Sibley

5 hours ago, GenBr said:

Why does everyone think FFP magically disappears with new owners? We can't just go and buy Messi all of a sudden.

won't we do what City do?  Find a massive sponsorship contract w some Abu Dhabi telecoms company, and use the profit on that for talent. Pretty sure under FFP you can spend as much as you want provided you don't make a loss

Quite a few staff and players at Brisol have tested positive with Covid-19. They can't train together until at least Thursday and thats including the current ones who are having to self-isolate. Their training ground is out of bounds until Thursday. Could be enough distruption to see a bad performance from them.

19 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

won't we do what City do?  Find a massive sponsorship contract w some Abu Dhabi telecoms company, and use the profit on that for talent. Pretty sure under FFP you can spend as much as you want provided you don't make a loss

The sponsorship deal would still be limited by the EFL. They could probably get better deals than we have now, but they still can't sponsor the stadium for £100 million. 

57 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Quite a few staff and players at Brisol have tested positive with Covid-19. They can't train together until at least Thursday and thats including the current ones who are having to self-isolate. Their training ground is out of bounds until Thursday. Could be enough distruption to see a bad performance from them.

Being objective and fair minded about it, the game should really be postponed.

9 hours ago, GenBr said:

The sponsorship deal would still be limited by the EFL. They could probably get better deals than we have now, but they still can't sponsor the stadium for £100 million. 

don't disagree with that. But the Sheikh will have an impressive rolodex and he'll put it to good use to our benefit. Hadn't thought of naming rights but yes I guess the name of the stadium may form part of it

17 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I knew releasing those mink at Failand would pay off ?

On 15/11/2020 at 01:43, King Ramses III said:

If he's a decent manager he will drop himself to teach himself that no player has a guarantee of automatic selection.......

If he does pick himself, will he stare at a dressing room mirror and give himself a rolocking if he plays rubbish?

Marshall 

Byrne   Wisdom    Clarke       Buchanan 

Bielik          Knight    

Sibley                         Jozwiak    

Waghorn         JHI

Subs- Roos, Davies, Shinnie, Bird, Rooney, Whittaker, Kazim

- 4-2-2-2 formation.

- Assuming Lawrence is injured.

- Hope Wazza doesn’t start due to his focus being elsewhere. 

Play the old mxlaren style. 433. 

Marshall

byrne.           Davies.       Clarke.   Buchanan 

Bielik

Knight.           Sibley(more of an attacking threat that shinnie. Though shinnie had been brilliant)

jozwiak.               Waggy.           HolmeS ( only because I think Lawrence and ibe aren’t available) 

Archived