Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

19 minutes ago, Bristol City said:

twitter.com/GeeMacGee/status/1329792137957871618?s=20

Confirmed by Dean Holden: one player unavailable this weekend and one fresh 'positive' this week. Still to get results back from international players Kalas and Nagy. #BristolCity

This is excluding our current injuries. So 2 more out + Baker, Mawson, Sessengon, Williams, Walsh, Weimann & O'Dowda, with a couple of internationals potentially out too.

Arguably 7/11 first team players out at a minimum, with our training ground shutdown for 2 weeks.

How this isn't cancelled I'll never know. Football's football though and anything can happen. 

Stop getting your excuses in! You will still batter us. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Except for Buchannan isn't the one on the right the same team and formation that played so well against QPR?

Yes but completely different tactics. They were told before to pass,pass,pass, keep the ball.  Now they are being told attack,attack,attack, score goals. 

26 minutes ago, Bristol City said:

Confirmed by Dean Holden: one player unavailable this weekend and one fresh 'positive' this week. Still to get results back from international players Kalas and Nagy. #BristolCity

This is excluding our current injuries. So 2 more out + Baker, Mawson, Sessengon, Williams, Walsh, Weimann & O'Dowda, with a couple of internationals potentially out too.

Arguably 7/11 first team players out at a minimum, with our training ground shutdown for 2 weeks.

How this isn't cancelled I'll never know. Football's football though and anything can happen. 

Oh dear, and we haven't had any injuries at all since game 1? You will find we also had half the first team out for the majority of this season, and it probably goes a long way to explaining why we are firmly rooted to the bottom of the table, that and having a clueless manager.

16 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Yes but completely different tactics. They were told before to pass,pass,pass, keep the ball.  Now they are being told attack,attack,attack, score goals. 

I mean with Shinnie and Knight holding midfield, Rooney at 10 and Davies at the back.... It's going to have a lot of the same issuss.

Hi Derby Fans. Haven’t been on here since you were gonna sign Kodjia for £2m ???

Anywhere here’s my preview of your team from a City point of view.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/209673-Derby-h-1500-sat-21st-nov-what-can-we-expect/&tab=comments#comment-3944090

For info, we have long term injuries to Baker, Walsh and Williams who haven’t played this season. Plus Weimann, Mawson and Sessegnon.

Plus it appears we have one out through covid...not named.

With 9 subs allowed we are down to 18 senior players and 2 academy kids to make up the 20.

In fairness we haven’t had anything near a full strength eleven all season, so to be 5th shows how well Holden has done to get a tune out of the players. 

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hi Derby Fans. Haven’t been on here since you were gonna sign Kodjia for £2m ???

Anywhere here’s my preview of your team from a City point of view.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/209673-Derby-h-1500-sat-21st-nov-what-can-we-expect/&tab=comments#comment-3944090

For info, we have long term injuries to Baker, Walsh and Williams who haven’t played this season. Plus Weimann, Mawson and Sessegnon.

Plus it appears we have one out through covid...not named.

With 9 subs allowed we are down to 18 senior players and 2 academy kids to make up the 20.

In fairness we haven’t had anything near a full strength eleven all season, so to be 5th shows how well Holden has done to get a tune out of the players. 

Pretty much nailed it with that comprehensive analysis. I did however notice that you said we wouldn't try to bully you. If Bielik is to be moved into midfield then that could change that. Whilst he can be a bit rash he can also be a beast and his stats in that position are pretty impressive if I recall correctly. 

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Pretty much nailed it with that comprehensive analysis. I did however notice that you said we wouldn't try to bully you. If Bielik is to be moved into midfield then that could change that. Whilst he can be a bit rash he can be a beast and his stats in that position are pretty impressive if I recall correctly. 

Big old unit....saw him play for Poland u21s v England at Ashton Gate a couple of seasons back.  He looked very rusty v Barnsley though.

Remember that he started in midfield against us at your place last year, but then you moved to a back 3 at h-t, and he moved backwards.

I liked him at Charlton.  Was the kind of player I was hoping we’d go for last season when you got him.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's moved on from hoping the EFL block the takeover to hoping the deal collapses and the club goes into admin. When it does go through, he wants the EFL to treat us differently (much harsher) than any other EFL club. He's also fighting for the removal of Pearce from the EFL Board.

"EFL need to scrutinise like a hawk any transactions between UAE and Derby too. I don't care about Covid, I don't even care about Derby's wellbeing as a club. The more hardship the better in fact."image.thumb.png.b3da7b512f0689c904613534ebc305e7.png

John Percy reckons the deal is in its advanced stages.

Spawny bar stewards however- spawny, spawny bar stewards! I hope the EFL win their appeal and get some ponts docked and there must be ZERO leeway- £39m losses, change rules quick sharp in terms of fixed asset sales, perhaps fair value rules too look at these again- maybe I'm overreacting the Coates family have megabucks yet Stoke seem to be walking the line, there are lots of rich owners at this level yet FFP is enforced to some extent.

Given that there is a charge over their assets from Dell, charges not yet cleared as per Companies House as per Gabay, how does this work then??

A small silver lining could be paying rent on Pride Park e.g. but it's £1.1m per season or so- on an £81.1m transaction FFS!

not checked for a while-  he seems to be getting quite upset?

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Big old unit....saw him play for Poland u21s v England at Ashton Gate a couple of seasons back.  He looked very rusty v Barnsley though.

Remember that he started in midfield against us at your place last year, but then you moved to a back 3 at h-t, and he moved backwards.

I liked him at Charlton.  Was the kind of player I was hoping we’d go for last season when you got him.

Correct again, I presume his lack of match fitness may make it unlikely for him to start in midfield. He definitely won't last 90 mins if he does. Big Chris Martin fan here. Gutted when he signed for you. Having said that, I hope he continues to do well for you except for tomorrow of course. 

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Spawny bar stewards however- spawny, spawny bar stewards! I hope the EFL win their appeal and get some ponts docked and there must be ZERO leeway- £39m losses, change rules quick sharp in terms of fixed asset sales, perhaps fair value rules too look at these again- maybe I'm overreacting the Coates family have megabucks yet Stoke seem to be walking the line, there are lots of rich owners at this level yet FFP is enforced to some extent.

Given that there is a charge over their assets from Dell, charges not yet cleared as per Companies House as per Gabay, how does this work then??

A small silver lining could be paying rent on Pride Park e.g. but it's £1.1m per season or so- on an £81.1m transaction FFS!

Comedy gold (per usual).

One day, whichever one of us has clearly been diddling Mrs Popodopolous will have to own up so that they can take some well deserved credit. To be this wound up over a team that isn’t your closest rival is worryingly irrational.

Hopefully we have seen the end of our defence against attack style and just go all out to win tomorrow. It will be nice to watch a team where the keeper doesn't have 3/4's of the possession for a change.           

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke  Buchanan

Bielik

Sibley    Knight

Ibe/Waghorn   Whittaker/Stretton  Joswiak

20 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Needs to grow up and find a girlfriend!!

38 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Comedy gold (per usual).

One day, whichever one of us has clearly been diddling Mrs Popodopolous will have to own up so that they can take some well deserved credit. To be this wound up over a team that isn’t your closest rival is worryingly irrational.

In his defence he is as critical for any club that he believes isn't playing fairly. Obviously Derby fans will only view his posts when it's in relation to Derby.

2 hours ago, Bristol City said:

You only have 2 away on international duty ? - that’s a bit poor isn’t it? 

Archived