Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Marshall

Byrne Davies Clarke Buchanan

Bielik Shinnie/Knight

Jozwiak Sibley Lawrence

Waghorn

I would go with that starting Xi with Shinnie missing out ?

No idea what’ll he’ll go for today, big game for Rooney and Roesnior, can see Rooney wanting to be on the touch line to show the new owners he’s manager material.

The 3 first players on my team sheet Jozwaik Buchanan and Knight all played a big part in the internationals so they may be rested.

7 minutes ago, Topram said:

The 3 first players on my team sheet Jozwaik Buchanan and Knight all played a big part in the internationals so they may be rested.

Think with Marshall and Lawrence they'll be first on the team sheet, we've had lots of emphasis on first and foremost needing points.

9 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Expecting to see Bird back tomorrow. I think Rooney in particular rates him, and whilst Shinnie has worked hard and played well over recent games I would prefer to see another youngster in the team.

I guess the big decision tomorrow is whether Rooney plays, and if so where. Until we know that selecting a team or formation is a bit of a lottery this week.

Totally agree about Bird. We've missed his control & also think Shinnie contributes to how deep we've been playing. Bielik and Bird would offer enough cover in front of the back 4 & allow Knight to get up the park.

Rooney's situation an interesting one. Its clear he enjoys playing but does his managerial ambition take precedence today? Obviously if he plays, Rosenior will be the managerial presence on the sidelines, will probably take the key calls on subs/tactical changes & do the post match interviews etc. That can start to fix the idea of a 'manager' in the eyes of fans & the new owners. Bit of a risk for Rooney, especially if we get a good result but he's relatively quiet.

If he does play, would be surprised to see him up top given his condition and option of Waghorn or CKR. Suspect it would be in front of the back 4, alongside Bird in the two that worked so well Jan-Mar.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Think with Marshall and Lawrence they'll be first on the team sheet, we've had lots of emphasis on first and foremost needing points.

Marshall would be my first I didn’t put him on it then as he didn’t play on Wednesday he was rested 

The first game back after a change in management is always so exciting - hoping to see some bold changes to the lineup, maybe the introduction of one of our young strikers like Hector-Ingram, Duncan or Stratton... only to see us start with exactly the same starting eleven.

I can’t imagine there will be any drastic changes to the lineup though, nothing too unexpected at least, just a change in approach moving the ball quicker, more direct etc. 

I was feeling confident until I realised I had to step in and fix the topic title. Edited topics never end well, but I couldn’t just sit back and see us playing at home. 

Forgive me for not feeling confident Rooney will score the winner whilst wearing a shirt and tie from the touch line. 

Blame @Ghost of Clough

11 minutes ago, David said:

I was feeling confident until I realised I had to step in and fix the topic title. Edited topics never end well, but I couldn’t just sit back and see us playing at home. 

Forgive me for not feeling confident Rooney will score the winner whilst wearing a shirt and tie from the touch line. 

Blame @Ghost of Clough

There was nothing wrong with the title... the clue was in the '(A)' ?

Marshall

Byrne   Evans   Clarke   Bucho

Knight   Bird   Sibley

Jozwiak   Waghorn   Lawrence

Knight, Bird & Sibley should now be 11 games into the season now as a midfield unit. Instead they've barely had a kick together. Sort that out first please Wanner.

Archived