Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

2 hours ago, Rampant said:

Marshall

Byrne       Te Wierik    Clarke        Buchanan

Bielik          

Knight               Shinnie            

Joswiak                                      Ibe

Kazim

Roos / Wisdom / Davies / Bird / Sibley / Rooney / Holmes / Lawrence / Waghorn / 

Can't find a place even on an elongated bench for Whittaker, Hector-Ingram, Stretton or Duncan. Can we have 13 subs?

Ibe won't be in the squad considering he last played a month ago. Lawrence will start, with Whittaker moving to the bench. I wouldn't bet against Forsyth being in the squad instead of Kazim (Waghorn starting at CF instead)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ibe won't be in the squad considering he last played a month ago. Lawrence will start, with Whittaker moving to the bench. I wouldn't bet against Forsyth being in the squad instead of Kazim (Waghorn starting at CF instead)

Is he fit ?

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Got 30 minutes for Wales last night

Good to hear. 

In that case I'd be going with 

Marshall 

Byrne Bielik Clarke Buchanan 

Bird 

Knight   Sibley 

Jozwiak   Waghorn  Lawrence 

Subs: Roos, Te Wierik/Wisdom, Forsyth, Shinnie, Rooney, Holmes, Ibe (assuming fit for bench), Whittaker, Stretton

49 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yeah, I was going with what I'd like to see rather than what side actually gets picked. Forsyth wouldn't be in my 18 as I'd use Shinnie as backup to Buchanan.

My approach

Marshall

Wisdom

Davies

Clarke

Forsyth

Bielik

Lawrence/Ibe

Sibley

Holmes

Joswiak

Waghorn

Subs Roos, Byrne, Buchanan, Bird, Rooney, Shinnie, KR

4-1-4-1

You 5 defend, you 5 attack

out you go lads

PS if you can do this, next week we might work on joining it up a bit more

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Anyone heard from the Bristol city fan who didn't like us? Think it got mentioned in one of the FFP threads back when we were almost totally vindicated in our actions apart from one minor point?

He's moved on from hoping the EFL block the takeover to hoping the deal collapses and the club goes into admin. When it does go through, he wants the EFL to treat us differently (much harsher) than any other EFL club. He's also fighting for the removal of Pearce from the EFL Board.

"EFL need to scrutinise like a hawk any transactions between UAE and Derby too. I don't care about Covid, I don't even care about Derby's wellbeing as a club. The more hardship the better in fact."image.thumb.png.b3da7b512f0689c904613534ebc305e7.png

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's moved on from hoping the EFL block the takeover to hoping the deal collapses and the club goes into admin. When it does go through, he wants the EFL to treat us differently (much harsher) than any other EFL club. He's also fighting for the removal of Pearce from the EFL Board.

"EFL need to scrutinise like a hawk any transactions between UAE and Derby too. I don't care about Covid, I don't even care about Derby's wellbeing as a club. The more hardship the better in fact."image.thumb.png.b3da7b512f0689c904613534ebc305e7.png

Looks like Mr. Popodopolous needs a hobby... or a cuddle.

His issue should be with the EFL anyway, not the clubs that operate within the parameters, however questionable, that the EFL set out.

Anyway, why should he care? We're bottom of the league and they own the greatest striker ever to play the game.

10 minutes ago, JohnHarkes said:

Looks like Mr. Popodopolous needs a hobby... or a cuddle.

His issue should be with the EFL anyway, not the clubs that operate within the parameters, however questionable, that the EFL set out.

Anyway, why should he care? We're bottom of the league and they own the greatest striker ever to play the game.

Unless....it is Chris Martin himself! who is so upset about Derby not agreeing the contract terms he wanted so he had to move to Bristol, call everyone "love" or "lover" and he's taking his rage out on the Bristol forum? Really, it's because he loves us?

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Unless....it is Chris Martin himself! who is so upset about Derby not agreeing the contract terms he wanted so he had to move to Bristol, call everyone "love" or "lover" and he's taking his rage out on the Bristol forum? Really, it's because he loves us?

I think you're right. It reads very much like a bitter ex-lover(rrrrr), one who'll do anything they can to hurt you, but only because they miss you so much.

Chris, we love you, but we're not in love with you. (Although I have my doubts about this second part...)

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Am I the only one hoping Chrissy is currently (healthily) asymptomatic! Anyone seen any details on the current state of health of the BC squad yet?

Not only Chrissy but I hope they all are and any that are unfortunate to be suffering with it recover swiftly.

twitter.com/GeeMacGee/status/1329792137957871618?s=20

Confirmed by Dean Holden: one player unavailable this weekend and one fresh 'positive' this week. Still to get results back from international players Kalas and Nagy. #BristolCity

This is excluding our current injuries. So 2 more out + Baker, Mawson, Sessengon, Williams, Walsh, Weimann & O'Dowda, with a couple of internationals potentially out too.

Arguably 7/11 first team players out at a minimum, with our training ground shutdown for 2 weeks.

How this isn't cancelled I'll never know. Football's football though and anything can happen. 

8 minutes ago, Bristol City said:

How this isn't cancelled I'll never know. Football's football though and anything can happen. 

You've got two players out because of Covid - I expect that's not enough currently.

And your manager doesn't have to isolate like ours did!

Archived