Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

1 minute ago, AGR said:

The attitude from the post match interviews seemed to me that we did enough yesterday and were unlucky, which we weren't. We wouldn't have scored if we'd played until midnight.

But we were slightly unlucky in that we had at least two penalty shouts and some chances. We easily matched them.

You cannot seriously expect Rosenior to come out and say anything different. I don't think he really meant to imply we did enough, they know still how few chances we created - think that was mentioned?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But we were slightly unlucky in that we had at least two penalty shouts and some chances. We easily matched them.

You cannot seriously expect Rosenior to come out and say anything different. I don't think he really meant to imply we did enough, they know still how few chances we created - think that was mentioned?

I suppose he's not going to come out and say "The front 3 are crap and I can't believe Frank gave Ipswich £5 million for that Donkey" but I'd like him to take a bit more responsibility than find excuses with the referee and the previous regime. Comments such as "No disrespect to whats happened before, but we are trying to a team with more confidence" are ridiculous. Why weren't him and the captain Rooney trying to improve confidence and moral pre Cocu's sacking, they were part of his coaching team after all.

3 minutes ago, AGR said:

Why weren't him and the captain Rooney trying to improve confidence and moral pre Cocu's sacking, they were part of his coaching team after all.

If you're at work and you're asked to implement a project where the design is obviously clunky, what do you do? Especially when you like the boss but he's too stubborn to change his design. I'm sure they tried and to a certain extent I think everyone liking Cocu and his team will have made it harder, they wanted to make it work.

Confidence to take risks when they've been trying not to lose possession 'first and foremost' can't be done in one game. Don't you think that they all looked to be trying their hardest yesterday? Can't ask for more. Waghorn is what he is, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, Archied said:

just watched the rosenior post match interview ,,,, we are in real trouble ,him and rooney are not managers let alone managers to dig us out of this mess and this is the biggest mess we have been in for a long long time , my god rosenior s first port of call was the ref ?????

rosenior is a pundit with badges ,rooney is an ageing player with ego,,,get them gone even if its wassail short term its better than this, the under 23 management team step up short term , yep it hurts the under 23 et up short term but the first team and the security of the club is the be all and end all 

Rosenior was absolutely livid at the refereeing decision - how on earth can you book a player for a foul in the penalty area but not give a penalty? This was after tow other good penalty shouts. The first one on Hector-Ingram might be seen as a bit of a tame shout because Ingram moved in front of the defender to "buy" the foul. But the defender absolutely charged into no-holds barred, so to me it was a good shout. The second penalty was when Matt Clarke got buffeted by two defenders and sent tumbling to the ground - he certainly wasn't "looking for it" - Matt doesn't play like that. And the third was so ridiculous that anyone other than Keith Stroud making the decision would have been all over the newspapers.

I groaned earlier in the week when I saw which ref we were going to be inflicted with. Overall he did all right, but made sure that we got "Strouded" well good and proper. Until the EFL start to clamp down on crap refereeing instead of treating it like Boris treats bullying, we will always have these situations. It is sad that our only hope is free-kicks and penalties, but in the end we ought to be able to depend on the match officials doing their job properly.

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Great post. I agree without with everything apart from the highlighted text, which cost you a ‘like’. 

Disagree. Great post AND I think Waghorn working hard on the right of a 3 is a decent option. Obviously he hasn't the guile of Jozwiak but against some teams his work rate and power is worth utilising.

Ideally Ibe and Jozwiak will mean he gets sidelined a little, particularly if also using Lawrence in bursts. We are so desperately short of a target man and Waghorn definitely looks too in and out for that role currently. 

Archived