Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hi Derby Fans. Haven’t been on here since you were gonna sign Kodjia for £2m ???

Anywhere here’s my preview of your team from a City point of view.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/209673-Derby-h-1500-sat-21st-nov-what-can-we-expect/&tab=comments#comment-3944090

For info, we have long term injuries to Baker, Walsh and Williams who haven’t played this season. Plus Weimann, Mawson and Sessegnon.

Plus it appears we have one out through covid...not named.

With 9 subs allowed we are down to 18 senior players and 2 academy kids to make up the 20.

In fairness we haven’t had anything near a full strength eleven all season, so to be 5th shows how well Holden has done to get a tune out of the players. 

Well if we actually played the under 23s especially the midfielders and forwards we would probably run rings round you, in fact most teams 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You only have 2 away on international duty ? - that’s a bit poor isn’t it? 

O’Dowda was too, but released early.  So 3 this time.

You had 7 didn’t you....of which 2 were age group, so 5.  We usually had Morrell away with Wales but he’s no longer our player (sold to Luton).  Diedhiou didn’t go with Senegal because of covid positive, So it’s usually been 5 senior players too.  Massengo usually away with France u20s too.

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

O’Dowda was too, but released early.  So 3 this time.

You had 7 didn’t you....of which 2 were age group, so 5.  We usually had Morrell away with Wales but he’s no longer our player (sold to Luton).  Diedhiou didn’t go with Senegal because of covid positive, So it’s usually been 5 senior players too.  Massengo usually away with France u20s too.

Marshall (Scotland), Knight (Ireland), Jozwiak (Poland), Lawrence (Wales), Buchanan (Eng U21), Sibley and Whittaker (Eng U20) this time round. Duncan's been in the last few England U20 squads, Bielik was in the Poland squad before his injury last season, and Holmes was in the USA squad in summer 2019 but has missed later call- ups due to various injuries.

Marshall

Bielik   Davies   Clarke

Byrne   Knight   Shinnie   Buchanan 

Lawrence   Waghorn    Jozwiak 

Roos, Wisdom, MTW, Bird, Rooney, Sibley, Holmes, CKR, Whittaker 

or 4-3-3 with same players.

Marshall

Byrne   Davies   Clarke    Buchanan

Knight    Bielik    Shinnie

47 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Marshall

Bielik   Davies   Clarke

Byrne   Knight   Shinnie   Buchanan 

Roos, Wisdom, MTW, Bird, Rooney, Sibley, Holmes, CKR, Whittaker 

or 4-3-3 with same players.

Marshall

Byrne   Davies   Clarke    Buchanan

Knight    Bielik    Shinnie

No way is Wayne going to drop himself.

If we play 4 at the back Davies cannot start, he is fine as the all out defender of a 3 with 2 passers either side but in a back 2 he is targeted by the opposition to leave him on the ball. 

Go with a 433 -

Marshall - Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan - Knight Bielik Shinnie - Waghorn Rooney Jozwiak

Cant see Rooney dropping himself although id rather he didnt start. I would swap Rooney for Lawrence and put Waggy down the middle. That can easily be switched to a 4231 if we start to get overrun in midfield.

For people who say we have a poor squad we still have more than enough quality to fill a 9 man bench with 5 players still missing out.

Roos Davies Forsyth MTW Evans Bird Sibley Holmes Lawrence Ibe Whittaker CKR Duncan JHI

Ive got a feeling we may see Duncan on the bench this weekend

Expecting to see Bird back tomorrow. I think Rooney in particular rates him, and whilst Shinnie has worked hard and played well over recent games I would prefer to see another youngster in the team.

I guess the big decision tomorrow is whether Rooney plays, and if so where. Until we know that selecting a team or formation is a bit of a lottery this week.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Expecting to see Bird back tomorrow. I think Rooney in particular rates him, and whilst Shinnie has worked hard and played well over recent games I would prefer to see another youngster in the team.

I guess the big decision tomorrow is whether Rooney plays, and if so where. Until we know that selecting a team or formation is a bit of a lottery this week.

I think that's very possible for what you've outlined. Also think the Knight/Shinnie midfield is unbalanced and Shinnie was particularly bad against QPR and Barnsley.

Rooney is a toss up right now as I think he either takes 1 of 2 lines of logic: "I'm confident that  I am better than what anyone else can offer and therefore will back myself to play my way into form" or alternatively "If I'm going for the manager job I need to take a step back for both intersquad reasons and have more influence from a coaching stand point by starting on the bench"

I honestly think Rooney has had some harsh stick not easy when your coming to the end of your career in a team that has been poorly managed on and off the pitch into a shower of shyte. He hasn't been great this season or post lock down on the whole but he produced some outstanding performances that I'm glad I was there to see pre lockdown absolutely unreal vision and technique. He might be a shocking manager if he's given the chance that is but I think we need to at least give him ago he might be very successful. We honestly can't be any worse than the disgrace that was how Cocu got us playing atleast we should see some passion and some forward thinking football based of the type of player he was in his prime, I doubt we will see dull as dishwater create chances for the opposition football atleast I hope so anyway. 

On 15/11/2020 at 10:40, neil62uk said:

After yesterday's  events ... a new change of plan  still think it won't work 

Rooney 

Rooney  Rooney Rooney  Rooney 

Rooney Rooney Rooney Rooney Rooney 

Rooney 

Coach driver Rooney 

Referee Mr W Rooney 

Radio Derby Commentary Rooney 

Sky soccer panel of four Rooney , Rooney , Rooney oh and Rooney 

Wayne or Colleen? Mix of both ? The kids and near family ? Need more info

If Rooney's serious about wanting to become manager then he may well be on the bench. I just hope we're braver as a team. I want to see us leave at least one player 'up top' when defending corners and free kicks deep in our half. It would also be interesting to see Kazim-Richards start as he hasn't had a chance to show us what he can do yet.

Archived