Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Congratulations on your appointment.

Don’t worry. We’re all right behind you ?

(good team selection by the way)

I plan to tender my resignation after my first game if we win. So I can spend the rest of my life telling people I have a 100 per cent win record as a manager. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Ramos said:

As it’s likely that I will be appointed manager by this game this will be the side I go for 

Marshall

Byrnne         MTW                Clarke     Buchanan 

Sibley           Bielik            Knight 

ibe  (Whittaker)     Waghorn                 Jozwiak 

I don’t think you will be appointed as I have already informed the club that I can do the job just as bad for half the money.

If Wayne is leading the coaching team for this match, I wouldn’t be too surprised if he chooses to stay on the sidelines for this game. He may well put himself on the bench so he has some control, but at the same time he may choose to focus on the managing side.

If he does that, I guess he may go for some experienced pros over the youngsters. Keep the players on side for now.

Marshall

Byrne Davies Clarke Buchanan

Knight Bielik Shinnie

Jozwiak Waggers Lawrence

13 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I plan to tender my resignation after my first game if we win. So I can spend the rest of my life telling people I have a 100 per cent win record as a manager. 

I feel a sack Ramos thread coming on...

How would you like your tenure to be remembered?

I’m looking forward to a break from our corner, leaving a straight race between Chris Martin and Curtis Davies, the only two on the half way line.

They push and shove, straining every sinew, only to look up and find all of the remaining players facing them!

33 minutes ago, Reg Matthew's Cap said:

I don’t think you will be appointed as I have already informed the club that I can do the job just as bad for half the money.

There is no money too little I’m willing to take to destroy this club once and for ALL. 

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

For me lawrence has to be dropped he has been invisible the last few games,  trouble is not sure who we have to play on the wing , with ibe not being fit and whittaker not playing much 

I take it you didn’t watch last game...he was only player to get 2 shots on target last game and you want to drop him.He is only player that can put a decent corner in box.He’s one of only four attack minded players who actually takes on defences and can create and score goals

Rooney will be confident going into this match as he's the only member of the coaching staff who can't be sacked as he's on a players contract.

Rosenior and Given will be desperate for a result to try and show the incoming regime they are worth keeping.

It's funny that Liam, who has his badges, will likely have to apply for the managers job but Rooney would expect to be approached by the club.

On 15/11/2020 at 11:14, r4derby said:

If Wayne is leading the coaching team for this match, I wouldn’t be too surprised if he chooses to stay on the sidelines for this game. He may well put himself on the bench so he has some control, but at the same time he may choose to focus on the managing side.

If he does that, I guess he may go for some experienced pros over the youngsters. Keep the players on side for now.

Marshall

Byrne Davies Clarke Buchanan

Knight Bielik Shinnie

Jozwiak Waggers Lawrence

Not a great deal to do to pick a team. Issue is to get that team to have a viable shot on target and to stop them going in at the other end. Good news is ...............

Everyone is now playing for a career at Derby County FC. Anyone can go, so make sure that you are working hard for 95 minutes or you probably will be going. Start scoring from your opportunities or bye bye. Etc etc. Not a long list of players who are certain to survive the arrival of a high profile manager if there is a good deal of cash to spend.

17 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Not a great deal to do to pick a team. Issue is to get that team to have a viable shot on target and to stop them going in at the other end. Good news is ...............

Everyone is now playing for a career at Derby County FC. Anyone can go, so make sure that you are working hard for 95 minutes or you probably will be going. Start scoring from your opportunities or bye bye. Etc etc. Not a long list of players who are certain to survive the arrival of a high profile manager if there is a good deal of cash to spend.

Why does everyone think FFP magically disappears with new owners? We can't just go and buy Messi all of a sudden.

16 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Why does everyone think FFP magically disappears with new owners? We can't just go and buy Messi all of a sudden.

Some people heard someone say P&S resets when new owners takeover.
Others think they'll have links resulting in vastly increased sponsorship income.
Then there's a rare group who think he'll come in and ignore P&S rules and just pay a fine (if promoted) or deal with a points penalty (if staying down)

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-training-ground-decision-4706999

"In consultation with the EFL medical advisers, the club's Failand training ground is closed until Thursday, November 19.

"There will be another round of testing ahead of training resuming on Thursday, in preparation for the Sky Bet Championship match against Derby County on Saturday, November 21."

Archived